Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It's kind of a mess which is not unusual for the division

non-updated rankings

Miocic
Ngannou - lost emphatically to Stipe
Overeem - lost to Stipe and just got flatlined by Ngannou
Werdum - lost emphatically to Stipe although due to unforced error - on 2 wins, over 18 and 9
Blaydes - now on 4 wins in a row although the latest and best was still only number 6

Hunt - lost to Blaydes
Lewis - 7 and 1 from his last 8 but still only coming off a single win over number 9
Volkov - fights Werdum on the 17th of March
Tybura - just got demolished by Beast
Arlovski - fights Struve on 3rd of March but would need several more wins to get a TS

Certainly a tangled skein. Even just sitting on things until after Werdum - Volkov, there's not really any clear number one contender. I would say just give Blaydes the TS now.

Basically the top 10 sucks except for Stipe. Blaydes and Tybura have potential but Tybura just got slept so whatever. Merge the division with WFW for all I care.

Hws usually like this.

Id assume Lewis, Werdum, and Blaydes are closest.

I guess Volkov, Werdum, Blaydes and Lewis are closest. Stipe is fighting DC, so one could make Volkov-Werdum winner against Blaydes-Lewis winner for a TS. I say book Blaydes-Lewis anyway because it might be a banger, and we’ll see what either man is made of.

Something like that?

(Imagine DC-Jones at HW. If Stipe drops the ball, that might be the match for the ages.)

Basically the top 10 sucks except for Stipe. Blaydes and Tybura have potential but Tybura just got slept so whatever. Merge the division with WFW for all I care.

Don't think Tybura has much potential at all, Blaydes maybe somewhat but I think if he can't get easy takedowns he's going to get found out.

if struve beats arlovski, just give him the shot.

People often seem to care more about title shots than actual good fights.

We need to see Hunt fight Ngannou.
Blaydes vs Beast.

Just for the fights.

And Stipe vs anybody.

Seal evil Cain will be back this year.
Break dancing Ben Rothwell maybe also.
Has Travis Browne retired?
Big baby nappy pants Albini looks like he could fill somebody's record.
Has Junior Dos Santos sealed his own fate?

It's kind of a mess which is not unusual for the division

non-updated rankings

Miocic
Ngannou - lost emphatically to Stipe
Overeem - lost to Stipe and just got flatlined by Ngannou
Werdum - lost emphatically to Stipe although due to unforced error - on 2 wins, over 18 and 9
Blaydes - now on 4 wins in a row although the latest and best was still only number 6

Hunt - lost to Blaydes
Lewis - 7 and 1 from his last 8 but still only coming off a single win over number 9
Volkov - fights Werdum on the 17th of March
Tybura - just got demolished by Beast
Arlovski - fights Struve on 3rd of March but would need several more wins to get a TS

Certainly a tangled skein. Even just sitting on things until after Werdum - Volkov, there's not really any clear number one contender. I would say just give Blaydes the TS now.

No clear #1 contender so they had the lhw champ move up. Smart. I suggested trying to snag a different orgs champ and put him against stipe or doing a hw redemption tuf season. I still like the tuf idea but the other champ isn't really needed, stipe will have someone to throw down with if he gets passed dc. Idk who but theres a few with big fights coming up.

Let Blaydes destroy Lewis and there is your number one

They need to do that Dana White bullshit with HW only and also TUF and also go around the world and abduct big dudes for UFC. End of.

Back