ok how would the average 6ft 200lb guy do against pro female fighters?

women's record for 69 kg (152 lbs-ish) Oly weightlifting

Snatch: 128 kg / 282 lbs.
Clean & Jerk: 158 kg / 348 lbs.

of course, those are records and Ronda probably doesn't come too close to moving that kind of weight. Still, those numbers would embarrass the vast majority of men who weigh 200 lbs.

I'll admit there are some strong women out there. Comparing these freaks to Ronda is like comparing mariusz pudzianowski's strength to Jon Jone's strength. Besides this getting stupid. Most fighter's don't do heavy lifting..

mods must have the day off. hours later this shit thread is still here

I used to date a girl in university who was on the wrestling team. She was always talking shit about how hard wrestling was, about how I wouldnt stand a chance etc etc. So finally we made a bet about whether or not she could pin me and/or how many points she could score off me.

I was a pretty high level hockey player at the time (had just finished playing major junior hockey) so I was probably wasnt the "avg" guy but after a wrestling practice one day we actually went and settled the bet and I shut her down completely. She didnt take me down once. I'm just barely over 6' and was about 185-190 lbs at the time (she was probably like 115 lbs).

Granted our womens wrestling team was god awful. So that might have something to do with it. Funny side note, one of my guy friends who was one of the best university wrestlers in Canada at the time completely murdered me afterwards. And I outwieghed him by like 60 lbs, lol.

I know a girl who weighs about 140 who would single leg you all day long. She's pretty much the best female wrestler in the country at her weight, and 140 is quite a bit bigger than 115. But, yeah, RR is an Olympic medalist, so I'm not sure if "My girlfriend who weighed 115 and probably wasn't very good couldn't take me down when I was at my athletic peak" is a very good argument for RR not being able to beat up average Joe.

if you insist:

the average pro women fighter should be able to capitalize after 4-5 minutes. They have good enough defense standing and grappling to wait until your avg. 200 lb guy gasses out. Anyone who thinks they can get off the couch or because they "lift weights" to spar/grapple/fight for more than 3 or 4, perhaps up to 5 minutes, without gassing has never tried it out. If she does not get KOd quickly, she will likely gain the advantage as fight wears on.

The average guy would gas after about 1 minute of hard grappling with a person who was active

What does being 6 ft tall have to do with anything? I'm over 6', and while I'm nowhere near 200 lbs, I used to be and I'm sure she'd get me down, at which point I'd be a fish out of water trying to roll with her and I'd be subbed quickly.

Does it bruise your pride so much to know a professional is better than you at their profession?

lol straight for the jugular.

I know a girl who weighs about 140 who would single leg you all day long. She's pretty much the best female wrestler in the country at her weight, and 140 is quite a bit bigger than 115. But, yeah, RR is an Olympic medalist, so I'm not sure if "My girlfriend who weighed 115 and probably wasn't very good couldn't take me down when I was at my athletic peak" is a very good argument for RR not being able to beat up average Joe.

yeah, i think you took my story too seriously. I wasnt using it as a argument for anything. It was just a story that related to the topic. Or did you not read the last part when I said a guy 60 lbs lighter than me made me look foolish immediately afterwards?

Chill.

women's record for 69 kg (152 lbs-ish) Oly weightlifting

Snatch: 128 kg / 282 lbs.
Clean & Jerk: 158 kg / 348 lbs.

I didn't expect it to be that high at that low weight.

Trollery fail.

I'll admit there are some strong women out there. Comparing these freaks to Ronda is like comparing mariusz pudzianowski's strength to Jon Jone's strength. Besides this getting stupid. Most fighter's don't do heavy lifting..

Fair enough. I don't remember why I thought this was relevant to the thread but I figured I couldn't get more off topic than it already is lol

Well there you go, then. She's not an average girl on the street. She's a world class female athlete. So she can bench a bit better than half the record.

And you find that somehow unbelievable?

Sorry. I don't get it.

The last on on the list in the 157lb class can bench 120lbs... Do you get it now?
You guys act like Ronda spends all her time power lifting and she could walk on to the world finals of PL and win it.

Last edited:
yeah, i think you took my story too seriously. I wasnt using it as a argument for anything. It was just a story that related to the topic. Or did you not read the last part when I said a guy 60 lbs lighter than me made me look foolish immediately afterwards?

Chill.

Sorry.

I'm all worked up!

A competitive powerlifter benching 120 and placing actually proves me so, so right about the size of the talent pool. I'm sure almost every single one of us has known a woman who could bench more than 120.

NO women want to compete in powerlifting. It's like women's 145 in MMA.

A competitive powerlifter benching 120 and placing actually proves me so, so right about the size of the talent pool. I'm sure almost every single one of us has known a woman who could bench more than 120.

NO women want to compete in powerlifting. It's like women's 145 in MMA.

Right.. The worlds strongest women aren't even that strong.. :rolleyes: Do you have anymore pro-wrassling vids to post?

Let's ask Miesha Tate if she can bench press more than 120 lol... a competitor that got to a 'high' level can't even bench her own bodyweight, that sport is a straight up joke in terms of the talent pool wow.

I'm sorry if this comment somehow revives this garbage, but I have to get a word in here. Rin Nakai (using her because she's the only female fighter I actually watched) would destroy 98% of the untrained male population (untrained meaning nothing formal, not even if it was like high school wrestling for 2 months before getting cut). The 2% is all of the guys who have more than 10 real street fights and aren't over 50, and the few people who are just natural monsters or super athletes. I don't think people realize just how bad most people are at fighting, at least these days. I watched some white trash (no offense of course, I'd call myself such, at this point. I'm just saying that because it's associated with the exact kind of person this guy is. White tank top you could buy 5 of for 3$ at wal-mart, rat tail haircut (I'm serious), non name brand sneakers that were white, but are now ripped up and tinted gray, light blue shorts (not jean shorts) that looked like swimming trunks and showed his uneven skin tone (white hairless thigh, but tanned hairy shins. The guy has like 4 kids now too) guy who was like 5'11 and 170lbs absolutely wear down and maul this huge (like 6'4 and 400lb) islander looking guy just because he'd grown up rough and had a few fights experience. He just went in and didn't give the big guy any punching room. Whenever the big guy stopped swinging or trying to throw him over the other guy would slip in a shot or try to trip him up. He just kept the big guy working and after 3 minutes of this the big guy was just overwhelmed and the smaller man just threw him down and proceeded to put a gruesome beating of the guy, while he was in a heap. That shows you what even that level of experience does for you, in a situation where there was over 200lbs difference in weight. Rin might give up 70 or 80lbs, but she makes up for it with her body composition and level of experience. A grappling situation works out better here because girls naturally have a lower center of gravity and most people are looking to throw fist not grapple. Rin will simply move in whenever they miss their sloppy strikes and take them down or they'll somehow stuff her takedown and gas out trying to toss her down or get her off of them. She can just staple herself onto them, when they get on the ground, and they'll never be able to get back up. If they don't gas early, due to poor conditioning, they'll probably be finished early due to cordnation and defensive problems. Rin Nakai obviously isn't your ordinary fighter, but you get what I'm saying here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back