oh no another muay thai vs kyokushin thread...sorry but

I do get what you're saying.

I don't think that extends to all of Karate though - JKA shotokan teaches perfectly fine punching technique. That's probably why we see more shotokan based fighters at the higher levels of MMA than kyokushin fighters for example - also I feel they have better distance management & general fundamentals than your average KK guy.

This is a good point. While the bouncy back & forth footwork of Shotokan usually makes fights boring as hell (ie. Machida, Wonderbread) I don't deny that it does work and does produce MMA champions. With McGregor being a huge exception of not being boring.....because he's willing to stand and trade, kill or be killed; on a constant basis.

I do feel though that Kyokushin has excellent body punching technique - it's just the setups/entries are different when you can get punched in the face.

But in general, KK don't train punching to the head at all. So you end up punching to the body with your entire face open, which creates a horrible habit in fights such as MMA, the streets, etc.

Like even in a Kyokushin rule fight, with no head punches.....look at how Muay Thai can exploit the bad stance and guard position of KK (designed to constantly block body punches)....by clinching and kneeing; and those knees are also targeting the face.

I don't think it's an issue if they cross-train boxing though.

They could have have had better hand striking in MT from the get got though. But now, they have poor hands plus poor stance ingrained into their muscle memory; trying to correct it with Boxing.

There is also the advantage that Kyokushin is probably a lot healthier for your brain in the long term because there are no punches to the face (despite it being less realistic).

Depends. You can train Shotokan and never spar hard, and that would give you similar health benefits for your brain.

But if you compare going hard in KK vs. MT, then it may be MT that's healthier overall. Because you can still get head kicked in KK. Of course the punches to the head in MT is damaging, but so is doing stupid training like this in KK, which is on a regular basis (while in MT, we rarely spar hard...depending on the gym; and not everyone competes).

I'd rather do 1000 sit ups to buildup muscles to take body shots rather than this. Then rely on my training to block punches. I would also block/parry these KK body punches with my elbows and should break their hands after a little while.

The leg conditioning is not as bad, but this is punching into vital organs.

Kyokushin rules allown knees to face.. You don't know anything what you are talking about

You showed a clip of a yellow belt in Kyokushin. Troll

Little girl, it's obvious that you've never fought before. In a school vs. school, friendly match like that, they'd almost always pair fighters up by their experience in the gym and the ring. So that Nak Muay was probably of the same level of experience as that yellow belt and in the same weight class.

The more you post, the more you expose yourself as a clueless, non fighter dumbass. Notice how you abandoned your previous argument. And at least have the courage to quote me so I get notified.

126.jpg

giphy.gif

Back