Official Women's Division Discussion #25

The Male Gaze in Women’s MMA pt. 3: Invicta and inclusion in mainstream MMA

The third in a series of articles where Bloody Elbow explores how the male gaze impacts the world of women’s MMA; featuring interviews with Miesha Tate, Cris Cyborg, Julie Kedzie, and more.

male_gaze_feature_image_part_3.0.jpg

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/11...ne-ferea-shannon-knapp-wmma-ufc-mma-interview

Really would not suck if they had actual research instead of just a bunch of people offering their opinions. MMA journalism is, I suppose, written for the lowest common denominator of MMA fan.

Really would not suck if they had actual research instead of just a bunch of people offering their opinions. MMA journalism is, I suppose, written for the lowest common denominator of MMA fan.
I stopped reading and watching that crap about 2 years ago.

What are you talking about lmao if anything, boxing is less of a sport than MMA, 4-6 champions by division, only 1 unified div. in the last decade

Seems to fit right in with their "Everybody gets a belt!" business model right now.

Maybe Zuffa Boxing can become the shitshow and the UFC can straighten itself out. haha

Which still does not negate the point that a fight with Cyborg is a joke, no matter how many times you post "lol" or "LMAO" or make the same assertion ad nauseam.
Holy fuck, what's that hard to understand here? I was talking about the possibilities for Cyborg career next: a) a fight with Holm and b) Bellator, and then you come saying "If she fights Holly it will be in UFC", that's obvious like i said before. And how that fight is a joke? Holm is a big 135er and has a advantage match up wise. They probably will book it, it's what fans wanna see, only Cyborg haters like you don't.

Yeah, because the one thing WMG has shown is that they are against cherry-picking for money. Really.
Compared to boxing? No doubt. They'd never give a superstar like Conor to someone like Ferguson in boxing, they'd make the Diaz fight and that doesnt seem likely to be next in UFC. UFC has been fucking up the sport part of MMA but boxing is a complete mess already, there's nothing that UFC can do at boxing to get any worse, if they change it, will be for the better.

Seems to fit right in with their "Everybody gets a belt!" business model right now.

Maybe Zuffa Boxing can become the shitshow and the UFC can straighten itself out. haha
Overreacting, there was only 1 belt that didn't made sense (Holloway-Pettis). Bisping was hurt and Conor was "busy".

Man. Those Invicta costumes are nuts. Not gonna vote. Those which were posted are all too good to choose a clear winner.

Holy fuck, what's that hard to understand here? I was talking about the possibilities for Cyborg career next: a) a fight with Holm and b) Bellator, and then you come saying "If she fights Holly it will be in UFC", that's obvious like i said before. And how that fight is a joke? Holm is a big 135er and has a advantage match up wise. They probably will book it, it's what fans wanna see, only Cyborg haters like you don't.

Compared to boxing? No doubt. They'd never give a superstar like Conor to someone like Ferguson in boxing, they'd make the Diaz fight and that doesnt seem likely to be next in UFC. UFC has been fucking up the sport part of MMA but boxing is a complete mess already, there's nothing that UFC can do at boxing to get any worse, if they change it, will be for the better.

Overreacting, there was only 1 belt that didn't made sense (Holloway-Pettis). Bisping was hurt and Conor was "busy".

Hater is, of course, the last defense of someone who cannot support their statements. You realize that you have not made a single statement to support your post about why Zigano should fight Vieira.

So can you actually support your statement or not, because otherwise you do not get to waste any more of my time.

Hater is, of course, the last defense of someone who cannot support their statements. You realize that you have not made a single statement to support your post about why Zigano should fight Vieira.

So can you actually support your statement or not, because otherwise you do not get to waste any more of my time.
So you are giving up about the Cyborg-Holm debate, right? Funny how you called it a joke of a fight but won't say why and i've to explain why Vieira should fight Zingano, and actually i already did that.

Zingano has a big name and is ahead of Vieira in UFC rankings, that fight would be at main event of a UFN, maybe co main, and would give her a titleshot, fan attention and boost her at rankings. Other than Holm or Zingano, there's not other girl who Vieira could fight and like i said Holm is more likely to fight Cyborg next. And you are absolutely a hater, a very stupid one also.

So you are giving up about the Cyborg-Holm debate, right? Funny how you called it a joke of a fight but won't say why and i've to explain why Vieira should fight Zingano, and actually i already did that.

Zingano has a big name and is ahead of Vieira in UFC rankings, that fight would be at main event of a UFN, maybe co main, and would give her a titleshot, fan attention and boost her at rankings. Other than Holm or Zingano, there's not other girl who Vieira could fight and like i said Holm is more likely to fight Cyborg next. And you are absolutely a hater, a very stupid one also.
Zingano is not a big name. Casuals don't know her, unless they remember her getting finished in 13 seconds. Stop saying she's a big name. Her place in the rankings are just further testament that UFC official rankings are a joke.

Zingano is not a big name. Casuals don't know her, unless they remember her getting finished in 13 seconds. Stop saying she's a big name. Her place in the rankings are just further testament that UFC official rankings are a joke.
Do you even use sherdog? How many people here you think knows Ketlen? I'd say less than 10%, not joking. Everyone here knows Zingano. Vieira is unknown even for some hardcores, people stopped caring about WMMA after 207. Just a few guys still follow it. To most hardcores Zingano is a big name, simple as that. To casuals the only names are Rousey, Holm and Tate. And yes the UFC rankings are a joke but still the right fight to make.

You can talk about hardcores all you want, guess what? The UFC doesn't care what the hardcore audience thinks. Zingano is only known on here more for being a joke at this point, a meme. At best, she is used in lousy attempts to discredit Nunes for a fight that happened 3 years ago, also the same number of fights ago for Cat.

Do you even use sherdog? How many people here you think knows Ketlen? I'd say less than 10%, not joking. Everyone here knows Zingano. Vieira is unknown even for some hardcores, people stopped caring about WMMA after 207. Just a few guys still follow it. To most hardcores Zingano is a big name, simple as that. To casuals the only names are Rousey, Holm and Tate. And yes the UFC rankings are a joke but still the right fight to make.
<FookIsThatGuy>

You can talk about hardcores all you want, guess what? The UFC doesn't care what the hardcore audience thinks. Zingano is only known on here more for being a joke at this point, a meme. At best, she is used in lousy attempts to discredit Nunes for a fight that happened 3 years ago, also the same number of fights ago for Cat.
No, you are totally wrong if you think there's no difference between how much a fight between let's say Holm X Zingano would sell and how much Holm X Vieira would sell. Zingano is a big name to guys who don't watch every card and don't watch prelims but were fans back then when she fought Nunes, Rousey and Tate. Vieira is totally new to WBW and fought at prelims, most fans don't know her, even hardcores. And yes UFC care about hardcores too, they need both casuals and hardcores to buy a card to be sucessfull. "Mid-tier" fans know Zingano, they absolutely don't know Vieira. That's my point and i couldn't be more clear than that.

No, you are totally wrong if you think there's no difference between how much a fight between let's say Holm X Zingano would sell and how much Holm X Vieira would sell. Zingano is a big name to guys who don't watch every card and don't watch prelims but were fans back then when she fought Nunes, Rousey and Tate. Vieira is totally new to WBW and fought at prelims, most fans don't know her, even hardcores. And yes UFC care about hardcores too, they need both casuals and hardcores to buy a card to be sucessfull. "Mid-tier" fans know Zingano, they absolutely don't know Vieira. That's my point and i couldn't be more clear than that.

You are totally wrong if you think Zingano has any selling power at this point. In your hypothetical, whether Holm fights Vieira or Holm fights Zingano, only one name matters: Holly Holm. The other names don't matter, because Holm is enough on her own. The only thing people remember about Zingano was her going full Derp against Ronda, and further humiliating herself afterwards with the microphone.

Seriously, get over Zingano. In the Autumn 2017 landscape of the women's bantamweight division, she couldn't be any less relevant.

You are totally wrong if you think Zingano has any selling power at this point. In your hypothetical, whether Holm fights Vieira or Holm fights Zingano, only one name matters: Holly Holm. The other names don't matter, because Holm is enough on her own. The only thing people remember about Zingano was her going full Derp against Ronda, and further humiliating herself afterwards with the microphone.

Seriously, get over Zingano. In the Autumn 2017 landscape of the women's bantamweight division, she couldn't be any less relevant.
Mate, i'm not a fan of Cat, actually i'm more of a fan of Vieira but i know she's not getting that titleshot yet, a win over Zingano who, to my standards, is a big name, would help her to get there.

So, look that poll i made in a MMA group some days ago about who should fight Nunes. Take note that's a group with a bunch of casuals and some real hardcores.

6feaa1710e418a0f6c79cd068d24b4ea.png

I know that people only want to see that fight again so Nunes can erase that loss but still, people remember her by that one too, not only the Rousey fight. There's also the Tate fight, at least. If you still don't think people know who Zingano is, then i can't do anything else, agree to disagree. Zingano is still relevant.

Getting off of endless speculation and onto actual relevant business, the rematch between Ilima-Lei Macfarlane and Emily Ducote for the inaugural Bellator MMA women's flyweight title is this Friday.

Here is Jimmy Smith discussing what to watch:

For anyone who hasn't watched the first fight:

No, I am asking you to support your argument. You still have not done so.

The Cyborg fight should be obvious. So support your argument with something resembling credibility. "big name" despite not having a win in years is pretty lame.

And, of course, more name calling. Your posts simply remind me of why I never had children. Have fun on ignore with the rest of the trolls.

No, I am asking you to support your argument. You still have not done so.

The Cyborg fight should be obvious. So support your argument with something resembling credibility. "big name" despite not having a win in years is pretty lame.

And, of course, more name calling. Your posts simply remind me of why I never had children. Have fun on ignore with the rest of the trolls.
Nick Diaz is a big name, would sell more than 99% of MMA fighters and hasn't won in years too. That's a fact, agree you or not and the same works for Zingano.

Btw:
9a3a84f3356c9cd99e43c415ec451548.png

Like i've said before my point it's simple and you're the one making things complicated here, so i couldn't care less about you ignoring me now.

Back