Official Women's Division Discussion #25

I questioned your striking credentials, same as you questioned those of @aerius and @Eater of Souls . Apparently, you can question other people just fine, but like many politicians, can’t take it in return, as you made it personal by attacking my appearance. That’s childish., and makes you a dogshit poster.

Considering you’ve never seen anything below my neck, you know nothing of my physical state, making your insults just that much more childish. I bet you just straight up own all the other kids on Xbox live with your trash talk.

So again with the childish, personal insults?

My channel might be slow growing, as is to be expected when dedicating it to a niche segment in a niche sport, but a failure? According to YouTube analytics, my channel has grown by over 10% in the past month, and I’m credentialed media at Invicta this weekend for the second time, further expanding my resume and reach. But hey, don’t let those facts get in the way of your narrative of hate.

What it all boils down to is you just like to come in here and attack others, belittle everyone’s opinions, act superior, and insult anyone who disagrees with you, all while hiding behind complete anonymity and bringing very little to no value to this thread.

Enjoy your 500th consecutive weekend in Mom’s basement. I’ll be cageside at Invicta.

Didn't you make a big deal out of blocking me? And now here you are, justifying yourself with "Youtube analytics" and making cracks about "Mom's basement"? What a clown. Turns out I had you judged accurately.

I would have ignored this embarrassing post, except I feel the need to clear up one particular lie. While I did ask whether Eater of Souls trained striking, I never questioned @aerius in that regard.

The long awaited return of the best legs in the game. Hopefully we see some vintage Penne grappling, ala her fighter vs Sugi Rock.

If she wins, it’d be a perfect moment to get on the mic and ask for #ufcatomweight
The funny thing is since both fighters are natural 105ers this is essentially a no weight cut 105 fight.

PastaGirl

JJmvIvx.gif

I'm kinda over beating on Penne, I've had my fun in that area. I think there is a good chance she is done. Jodie isn't a great fighter, but I think she has a good chance of beating the shit out of Penne, who will be 36 years old and hasn't won a fight in 4 years.

I very much doubt this will be a fight that inspires Dana to create an Atomweight division.

What highly anticipated fights are on the horizon for you all?

For me:
Cyborg vs Nunes.
Zingano vs Anderson.
Calderwood vs Lipski.
Albu vs Whitmire.

Yes all those interest me. Invicta look forward to Frey Bread v Greaselander rematch. And that full card. Bellator A Wheem a Way v Letournaquet. (I’m on phone where it’s easier making funny names than looking up proper spelling lol) Ladd v whoever. All of Rizin.

Calderwood/Lipski takes the #1 spot for me, easily. Don't want to see either one losing, but I'll default on cheering for JoJo.

If Cat is in any sort of fighting shape, she should be able to handle Anderson. Whitemire over Albu.

Skipping Nunes/Cyborg.

JJmvIvx.gif

I'm kinda over beating on Penne, I've had my fun in that area. I think there is a good chance she is done. Jodie isn't a great fighter, but I think she has a good chance of beating the shit out of Penne, who will be 36 years old and hasn't won a fight in 4 years.

I very much doubt this will be a fight that inspires Dana to create an Atomweight division.
Agreed in everything.
Tbh, i thought she was cut after her last loss... Got surprised with this bout announcement.

Esquibel is probably the easiest bout she got these days, but i believe she will manage to handle her grappling game in route to a decision.

I also believe that an atomweight division is still some years from creation unfortunately...

What highly anticipated fights are on the horizon for you all?

For me:
Cyborg vs Nunes.
Zingano vs Anderson.
Calderwood vs Lipski.
Albu vs Whitmire.

Those.

Really watching the career of Aspen Ladd. She called out Betche, which should be a beatdown for her. (I hope Betche has no more vision issues).
Ilima-Lei Macfarlane vs. Valérie Létourneau
Jinh Yu Frey vs. Minna Grusander

Hell, both of them are ex-Atomweights and are probably better suited at 105.

I'd love to see PastaGirl go on a run and somehow set up a Waterson-Penne 2, either at 105 or 115. KH would win again of course, but the ana leading up to the fight would be too good!

Yeah, I would like to see the rematch at 105. Penne was clamoring for it, but Kedzie set her little friend up with a woman nearly my age instead.

Penne seems pretty um, thick, to be making 105 these days. Idk.

I'm looking forward to whoever they give Pudilova at UFC Prague - I'm assuming that the UFC matchmakers know that Lucie is Czech, although that's not a given.

I'm looking forward to whoever they give Pudilova at UFC Prague - I'm assuming that the UFC matchmakers know that Lucie is Czech, although that's not a given.

"That's like, near Australia, right?"
- UFC match makers

Huh.. i don't know about this decision. I always thought Pudilova was fairly big (5'8" with 67in reach) to be competitive at BW.
She's just 24 so maybe for now she will be fine, but i assume these weight cuts will be harder with time.

Anyway, i just checked and W125 has over 30 fighters currently signed with UFC. I don't know about you guys, but i was surprised with that.
Not counting ms. McMann and Peña due to post-pregnancy time, W135 has only 17 fighters, and that's counting Holly (last fought at 145), Zingano (fighting next at 145), Pudilova (going down to 125) and Luana Souza (yet to debut, coming out of DWTNCSBR).
They do, she was a lock since UFC announced the event :)

Just watching the fight (yet) again and her instincts & reaction time when stopping takedown attempts is ridiculous.
Even though Joanna failed on this sequence it's still unreal, Valentina had to chain together techniques with perfect timing & execution to get her down.

giphy.gif

Valentina catches the kick and goes to sweep out the leg, but Joanna's already fighting Val's free hand so she can't post against the body to push JJ backwards on the sweep.
JJ defends the sweep and Valentina changes her grip to the back of JJ's neck and drives forward to setup the next sequence
Joanna hops back to try & sprawl while moving her right hand down to start stripping off Val's grip on her leg so she can get it back & complete the sprawl.
Valentina starts pulling down and to her left on JJ's neck and uses her head to pin Joanna's head in place against her grip
She lifts & rotates Joanna's caught leg around and continues pulling the head to complete the throw.

Everyone else that Valentina's fought went down on the initial sweep, she put Nunes down with it in their first fight and same thing with Holm. Here, Joanna survives the sweep, stops the attempt to drive through and plow her over, and only goes down after it's abruptly reversed into a throw. That's 3 techniques chained together in under 3 seconds with violent direction reversals, that's what it takes to get Joanna down. Every striker needs to get with Joanna & her coaches and learn how to stop takedowns.

Also, I want to see Joanna vs. Suarez at 125.

I also like on her spinning back kicks how she spun in as she was turning to get more distance instead of stepping out or across. No wasted movement.

And yeah, JJ's takedown defense is amazing. She is far smaller than Holm, for example, yet Val only had one more takedown against JJ than she did against Holm.

I think I'm most looking forward to Calderwood vs. Lipski as it's likely to be a very violent affair.

Everyone wants to see Ladd vs. Bethe; half of those people are interested in Ladd's career and development and the other half just want to watch Bethe get beat down.

It would be even more of a statement if both Penne and Esquibel showed up at the weigh-ins both at 105.5.

My thinking in trading for Cyborg for MacFarlane was: the UFC just doesn't seem to want to develop a 145 division (and one day, Cyborg will retire)...and at the same time the UFC needs credible challengers for Schevchenko and Ilima would be right in the mix. Bellator gains by getting a "bigger name" and supposedly bigger draw and they actually have 145ers to "challenge# Cyborg. Everybody wins.

Jarl

Everybody wins.
UFC doesn't. Cyborg is a big name, who brings the numbers, and for UFC-only fans Macfarlane is fairly unknown. Not enough of a name, at the very least.

The "A side" of any 125 title fight will be Shevchenko, UFC can keep having her fighting "whoever" for a while, because for most it wouldn't be much different if she's fighting Jessica Eye or Macfarlane, who admitted that she needs more experience before fighting Shevchenko.

I think UFC will try to keep Cyborg around until Kayla Harrison gets enough fights under her belt to make it happen, and i think that's possible, if they're ok with cannibalizing the bantamweight division. The winner of Zingano-Anderson can be Cyborg's next contender (specially if it's Cat), Chiasson is there down the road, and i think Spencer will be signed to UFC soon enough.

They should’ve signed all of the tuf 28 casts and just let most of them drop down.
Not sure why girls are still dropping down, because at this point it’s easier to get a title shot at 135 than it is at 125.

They should’ve signed all of the tuf 28 casts and just let most of them drop down.
Not sure why girls are still dropping down, because at this point it’s easier to get a title shot at 135 than it is at 125.
The level was so low that i'm glad they didn't.
I liked Julija but i don't wanna see in UFC a grappler who can only get the fight to the ground by pulling guard in 2018.
Allen has the athletic gifts but she seems mentally weak, she got caught in the only thing Julija knows how to do well and immediately went on to quit.
Pacheco and Bea are featherweights, both should be signed by Invicta.
Then you have Lehner, who was submitted by a striker in Sarah Kaufman (her only sub), and whose grappling couldn't be any more suspect. Also, her striking didn't impressed me at all against Sarah, or Pannie.

They all don't belong in UFC. More seasoning, on Invicta, it's what they need.

To stop this "Cyborg cuts from 185 lbs" stupid narrative, here is Cyborg 3 weeks out of her fight and she's walking around at 170 lbs:

Back