Official Women's Division Discussion #25

Wish I could respond. That is one of several Cyborg/broke-dick accounts that have blocked me. I have no idea why.

Ok, perhaps some idea.

:)
Now she's arguing about height regarding weightclasses, lol

Of course, since then her opponents have a combined record of 71 - 26, or a 73% win percentage. Only two of them have more than single digit victories, so less than half her experience winning fights. Of those 8 opponents, only two have not fought lighter than 145, with one of them having fought at 125.(and was 8-6 at the time Cyborg "fought" her and still made it into the second round)

If Stipe beat up a bunch of club level LHW's and one MW, he would get no end of shit.

Feel free to share.

Well Joanna's resume is way more impressive than Cyborgs.. outside of Megumi's, she probably has the second best one.

Plus one is proven drug cheat, one is not.

Aldana was always the girl who lost to Larissa Pacheco. I had moderately high hopes for just cause she is big and athletic, and women's BW sometimes that is enough.

She should beat Bernardo handily though.

Heather Hardy is a great example of a Female boxer who isn't a great striker. She's just really durable and won't go away.

I wonder if it's a regional thing for some! There isn't a lot of good striking to be found up here in Boston.
So true on that Heather Hardy part. I don't like pure boxing so I don't know many of these new boxing girls coming over but when I saw Heather's fight I was expecting her to outclass her 1st opponent(who was clearly a can) in what was mostly a standing fight. I was extremely surprised by how bad her technique and effectiveness in striking was.

Now she's arguing about height regarding weightclasses, lol

The sport is divided by weight classes for a reason. That is the stupidest argument ever. I recall when someone (could have been that evolutionary cul-de-sac) tried that with me when saying Jorina Baars was bigger than Cyborg. I posted a video of Baars mocking the need to water cut.

So true on that Heather Hardy part. I don't like pure boxing so I don't know many of these new boxing girls coming over but when I saw Heather's fight I was expecting her to outclass her 1st opponent(who was clearly a can) in what was mostly a standing fight. I was extremely surprised by how bad her technique and effectiveness in striking was.

Women's boxing tends to be horrible, with a few exceptions. This seems to be true of most striking arts, so this is why a competent striker with enough grappling to fight off or out-maneuver a grappler tends to do well in WMMA. If you compare the numbers, the women in grappling arts far out-weigh the number of women in striking arts, particularly if you compare skill levels. The number of women who do well as Judoka, for example, far outstrips the number of women who can actually throw hands with power and skill. As much as I hate to give the main section any credit, when they are talking about female striking, they are often correct. It is improving, but much slower than grappling. Hopefully as WMMA grows, this too shall change.

Wish I could respond. That is one of several Cyborg/broke-dick accounts that have blocked me. I have no idea why.

Ok, perhaps some idea.

:)
Wear that block as a badge of honor. I got blocked by Cyborg. Her boyfriend who runs her account probably came by something I said by searching her name. No matter how much I might dislike a fighter I never directly link them if I have anything negative to say about them. He must have not liked me talking about her being a drug cheat or gaining weight to fight people a weight class or two smaller than her.

Wear that block as a badge of honor. I got blocked by Cyborg. Her boyfriend who runs her account probably came by something I said by searching her name. No matter how much I might dislike a fighter I never directly link them if I have anything negative to say about them. He must have not liked me talking about her being a drug cheat or gaining weight to fight people a weight class or two smaller than her.

Yeah, both her and her boyfriend blocked me (a simultaneous block with another poster who does something with WMMA). And all I was basically posting was math and statistics. Of course, after he blocked me I may have said something slightly rude. But hey, anyone who spends years being topped by Cyborg because they could not make it on their own should be used to getting it rough.

Last edited:
The sport is divided by weight classes for a reason. That is the stupidest argument ever. I recall when someone (could have been that evolutionary cul-de-sac) tried that with me when saying Jorina Baars was bigger than Cyborg. I posted a video of Baars mocking the need to water cut.
Maybe I can get a block too

Did you ever notice Cyborg fans are all either stupid or completely full of shit? I mean, I am aware that the Nobel Prize committee is not about to call my house with some very welcome news, but damn, even among MMA fans it requires an ability to deny reality that is generally only seen in members of the Flat Earth Society.

Did you ever notice Cyborg fans are all either stupid or completely full of shit? I mean, I am aware that the Nobel Prize committee is not about to call my house with some very welcome news, but damn, even among MMA fans it requires an ability to deny reality that is generally only seen in members of the Flat Earth Society.
If there WAS a Nobel Prize for WMMA, you'd have my vote

I'm interested now. Has any MMA fight had a bigger TV audience? I say that because the biggest UFC fights would be mostly PPVs.

If you mean WMMA then Carano v Cyborg peaked at 856k, Paige v Waterson peaked at 4.8 million

I'd say some of the Rousey PPVs would have a larger number of eyes, an individual ppv buy rarely equates to one person watching.

Last edited:
Also, looking at the rankings, I really feel like Montana de la Rosa is going to have a Rose Namajunas-esque rise to the top, by that I mean she's going to really establish herself as a legit contender over the next few years. She's young and had a lot of time to improve and is already coming off a good win against Marks. I do hope they take it slow with her, though I wouldn't mind seeing her against the winner of Jessy Jess / PVZ. I think she'll be a dark horse for now but will break it soon. Always like to wonder who the ones people move to the side a lot will be breakout stars in the future, I definitely think MDLR and Ariel Beck have potential.

I've also just noticed that Lilia "She Wolf" Kazak (Belarus, 6-4-2) will be fighting on a Fight Nights Global card against Maria Agapova (4-0-0) on the 16th of December. Kazak is currently 1-0 under FNG with a first round TKO over Viktoria Veres. She, like Svetlana Gotsyk, also has some losses to tough competition Zhang Weili, Joanna Jedrzejczyk and Xiong Jingnan, she does however hold a win over current Bellator FLW Lena Ovchynnikova.

Last edited:
Also, looking at the rankings, I really feel like Montana de la Rosa is going to have a Rose Namajunas-esque rise to the top, by that I mean she's going to really establish herself as a legit contender over the next few years. She's young and had a lot of time to improve and is already coming off a good win against Marks. I do hope they take it slow with her, though I wouldn't mind seeing her against the winner of Jessy Jess / PVZ. I think she'll be a dark horse for now but will break it soon. Always like to wonder who the ones people move to the side a lot will be breakout stars in the future, I definitely think MDLR and Ariel Beck have potential.

I've also just noticed that Lilia "She Wolf" Kazak (Belarus, 6-4-2) will be fighting on a Fight Nights Global card against Maria Agapova (4-0-0) on the 16th of December. Kazak is currently 1-0 under FNG with a first round TKO over Viktoria Veres. She, like Svetlana Gotsyk, also has some losses to tough competition Zhang Weili, Joanna Jedrzejczyk and Xiong Jingnan, she does however hold a win over current Bellator FLW Lena Ovchynnikova.

I do hope the UFC brings these women along more slowly. 125 is the deepest class, so there is plenty of time for the younger women to develop both skill and experience. Too much push of someone who is not ready just makes everyone look bad (see PVZ) and not enough support for lower-level talent prevents them from becoming higher-level talent. Say what you will about boxing and its "padded records" but club fights are where you get your education. There are plenty of women who are regional-level at best in MMA who would sign a one-off contract with the UFC simply because they need the money and this would help a developing talent in the UFC in every way. Always seems to be undercard space.

Invicta FC 26 Weigh-in Results
Jennifer Maia (123.3) vs. Aga Niedźwiedź (124.6) – for flyweight title
Kaline Medeiros (115.8) vs. Mackenzie Dern (115.9)
Janaisa Morandin (115.4) vs. Kinberly Novaes (121.8)*
Vanessa Porto (127.6)* vs. Milana Dudieva (125.6)
Amy Montenegro (117.6)* vs. Virna Jandiroba (114.3)
Amber Brown (106.3)* vs. Tessa Simpson (105.4)
Christine Ferea (125.7) vs. Karina Rodríguez (124.7)
Kay Hansen (114.4) vs. Emilee Prince (115.5)

* – Novaes, Porto, Montenegro and Brown were fined 25 percent of their respective fight purses for missing weight

Source: WMMARankings

Invicta FC 26 Weigh-in Results
Jennifer Maia (123.3) vs. Aga Niedźwiedź (124.6) – for flyweight title
Kaline Medeiros (115.8) vs. Mackenzie Dern (115.9)
Janaisa Morandin (115.4) vs. Kinberly Novaes (121.8)*
Vanessa Porto (127.6)* vs. Milana Dudieva (125.6)
Amy Montenegro (117.6)* vs. Virna Jandiroba (114.3)
Amber Brown (106.3)* vs. Tessa Simpson (105.4)
Christine Ferea (125.7) vs. Karina Rodríguez (124.7)
Kay Hansen (114.4) vs. Emilee Prince (115.5)

* – Novaes, Porto, Montenegro and Brown were fined 25 percent of their respective fight purses for missing weight

Source: WMMARankings

Why does Invicta have so many missed weights every event? Is that normal for smaller promotions where more fighters are semi-pro so to speak?

Psyched for the Invicta title fight Friday. This week I watched some Aga N. fights & enjoy her tactical style. I find it electrifying. Can she take the flyweight belt from Jennifer Maia? We'll soon find out. It's free & live on fight pass. Love Invicta cards: the commentary, the fighters, Shannon Knapp et. al.

Back