Official Women's Division Discussion #25

JJ is 0-3 rounds so far. Looks like nerves got to her. She's done.

Valentina is one of the few WMMA fighters who have good head movement and Joanna's corner advice to her is "she has no head movement"
At least watch some tape ffs

JJ is 0-3 rounds so far. Looks like nerves got to her. She's done.

Not nerves. Shevchenko controls distance quite possibly better than anyone in the UFC. It is why she gets hit so very rarely. And why she was able to avoid taking a beating against much larger fighters.

It was a good fight.

Valentina didn’t look like a killer, but Joanna is a great striker and Valentina comfortably was beating her on the feet.
I don’t expect many other 125ers to be competitive.
Joanna is the 2nd most skilled woman that can fight at 125 and there isn’t a close 3rd.

Title fight went exactly as I expected. Can’t believe anyone thought it would be a complete destruction/murder.

Valentina is one of the few WMMA fighters who have good head movement and Joanna's corner advice to her is "she has no head movement"
At least watch some tape ffs
The commentary team was saying the same thing, so you’re in the minority.

Title fight went exactly as I expected. Can’t believe anyone thought it would be a complete destruction/murder.
I was wary of Joanna’s chin, but it seems to hold up more at 125.

Me either. While I clearly expected Val to win, she is not exactly a power striker, and JJ is very skilled in her own right. Plus Val, even though she could open up far more than she did against, say, Nunes, was still going to be careful.

Too many idiots judging her by her last fight against someone who should not have been in the cage with her.

Valentina didn’t look like a killer, but Joanna is a great striker and Valentina comfortably was beating her on the feet.
I don’t expect many other 125ers to be competitive.
Joanna is the 2nd most skilled woman that can fight at 125 and there isn’t a close 3rd.

Tides change quickly... Gadelha was seen as the undisputed second best fighter in 115lbs not long ago. Anyways, I'm just glad Valentina was able to get the belt. It's the crowning of a long career, she was still underage when she started taking professional free style fights.

Me either. While I clearly expected Val to win, she is not exactly a power striker, and JJ is very skilled in her own right. Plus Val, even though she could open up far more than she did against, say, Nunes, was still going to be careful.

Too many idiots judging her by her last fight against someone who should not have been in the cage with her.
If Val were less risk averse, she might actually become a fan favorite.

People who say that don't understand fights between high level technicians. With few exceptions they're slower paced with lots of feinting & working for ring/cage positioning to get clean entries for the strike combos. And when you do get action, it's usually quick bursts and then a reset.

I thought it was a great fight, it's going to take a lot of rewatching to digest everything.

People who say that don't understand fights between high level technicians. With few exceptions they're slower paced with lots of feinting & working for ring/cage positioning to get clean entries for the strike combos. And when you do get action, it's usually quick bursts and then a reset.

I thought it was a great fight, it's going to take a lot of rewatching to digest everything.
I’d say it was a good fight, but not great. To me, great fights aren’t as one sided.

The commentary team was saying the same thing, so you’re in the minority.
yH6MlRw.gif

Lol at Tyron on the post fight show, mentioning “Joanna’s a teammate of mine.”

Joanna is full time ATT. Tyron has his head stuck up Roufus’s ass mst of the year.

One gif is evidence now? Lmao

wuHwNF2.gif

nDNxsNI.gif

And if I go through the rest of her fights I'll have enough gifs to choke your internet connection.

The commentators are wrong, period. The guys in the booth and most other folks get all enthused and jizz their pants when you get some bobblehead who constantly moves their head all over the place even when they're way out of range and in no danger of being hit. Both Shevchenko sisters are efficient and move their heads only when they have to, and only just enough to avoid the strike and stay in position to land a clean counter.

Back