Official Women's Division Discussion #25

Finally a fighter who understands the game. Chook really gets it. Good for her, she always looked smart to me.

Joanna looks slightly better at 125. Not great but better. I know it won't happen but I'd love to see her at 135 even for just a fight or two. She'd likely experience success there just like Valentina and can easily add weight to her thin frame.
She's too small for bantamweight, would struggle with the top 15.

Finally a fighter who understands the game. Chook really gets it. Good for her, she always looked smart to me.
She just gained a fan in me.

Hopefully she wins, gets her shot for a title soon, and cuts Eye from UFC<28>

She just gained a fan in me.

Hopefully she wins, gets her shot for a title soon, and cuts Eye from UFC<28>
She always sounds pretty down to earth and honest to me, so while i don't really like her point fighting style, i have became a fan and will be rooting for her as well.
I'm tired of entitled unprofessional girls bitching and whining, like Eubanks and Montano..

I like Eye too though :oops:

I want Eye to win. I want her to finally get her shot at glory. She always falls flat on the finish line. She got robbed in a fight she won vs Alexis Davis that would have given her a title shot. She then failed in a fight that would have given her a title shot in her fight vs Miesha Tate. How the heck did she, who considers herself a striker, get outstriked by Tate. The winner of this fight is clearly going to get a title shot. I hope she finally gets her chance. I like Katlyns mentally on the fight game because what she said mirrored what I had been saying but my goodness is she boring.

I want Eye to win. I want her to finally get her shot at glory. She always falls flat on the finish line. She got robbed in a fight she won vs Alexis Davis that would have given her a title shot. She then failed in a fight that would have given her a title shot in her fight vs Miesha Tate. How the heck did she, who considers herself a striker, get outstriked by Tate. The winner of this fight is clearly going to get a title shot. I hope she finally gets her chance. I like Katlyns mentally on the fight game because what she said mirrored what I had been saying but my goodness is she boring.

She may consider herself a striker, but her footwork, head movement and striking defense in general, well, need more than a little work. She is great when hitting the mitts.

I forgot to give my opinion on the other fights. I don't give Nina much of a chance vs Claudia. This fight is so out of place that I think Amanda Nunes negotiated her girlfriend to get a top 5 opponent during the negotiations for her fight with Cyborg. If Nina does get a win she will be right in the mix at 115 though.

For the Joanna vs Valentina fight. Joanna has been my favorite fighter to watch since Ronda's personality turned to crap due to her success. However, I would rather Valentina win tonight in an amazing fight that gives the 125 division the push it needs to reach its potential. Joanna is already a millionaire and had her time in the bright lights. I want Valentina to get the same now.

For Chookagian vs Eye I want Chook to win purely because I just can't stand Eye. Too bad 125 was made and she got to stay in the UFC...

For Ansaroff vs Gadelha I'll root for Nina. Partly because of underdog and partly because her and Amanda are really cute together.

For Jrxgcxlzik vs Shevchenko I'm feeling quite undecided. Tbh I don't exactly like either much. For curiousity's sake I might be rooting for Joanna, just to see if and how salty Val will react to the loss.

Eye showed good improvement on offense foot work. The blonde fighter should have tried more grappling offense, it's clear that she's the better grappler.

I am so happy for Jessica Eye. She has been an underdog her whole UFC career. She went from a Kailin Curran like UFC record to 3 wins in a row. Even if you don't like her as a fighter you have to respect that.

Eye showed good improvement on offense foot work. The blonde fighter should have tried more grappling offense, it's clear that she's the better grappler.

Better defense for Eye overall as well. Tighter guard and better head movement. Still drops her hands and windmills a bit but has tightened up some fundamentals, which I like.

For Chookagian vs Eye I want Chook to win purely because I just can't stand Eye. Too bad 125 was made and she got to stay in the UFC...

For Ansaroff vs Gadelha I'll root for Nina. Partly because of underdog and partly because her and Amanda are really cute together.

For Jrxgcxlzik vs Shevchenko I'm feeling quite undecided. Tbh I don't exactly like either much. For curiousity's sake I might be rooting for Joanna, just to see if and how salty Val will react to the loss.

Curious as to why you cannot stand Eye? (no dog in any potential fight here, just curiosity)

Great job for Nina. I am not sure she deserved to fight Claudia but she won and now she is in the mix for the top of 115. 115 just keeps getting more and more interesting.

Got one right so far.
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/claudia-gadelha-vs-nina-ansaroff.3876107/#post-147256523

When the fight was first made, I thought Katlyn would have a fairly easy time doing her usual thing and winning/stealing a decision. Then today I remembered how many times Davis managed to whack her with punches and started having 2nd thoughts. Still thought Katlyn could edge it out but Jessica was good at extending her combos to get the extra hits in. Nice work by Jessica on figuring out how to pull off the win.

Eye surprised me. She finally fought like she wanted to win.

Not sure if Claudia has declined that badly, or if we just always overrated her.

No way she makes AW, btw, which we all knew.

Eye surprised me. She finally fought like she wanted to win.

Not sure if Claudia has declined that badly, or if we just always overrated her.

No way she makes AW, btw, which we all knew.

Declined. Her shot is not as explosive as it used to be, and her cardio is even worse. This combined with her previous serious issue of too much weight on her front foot, well, I thought she would have made some corrections after her last fight. I was very wrong.

She also looks like she has an imbalance issue (more noticeable when she is backing up). Never a good thing.

She's declined a lot, she's down to maybe a 2-3 minute gas tank and after that she's in zombie mode. She was doing well until Nina got up from the 1st takedown, she was using her speed & power advantage to beat Nina in the standup exchanges force her backwards. After Nina got back up, the dynamic completely reversed and it was Nina that was walking down Claudia and abusing her with the jab. And once she got tired, her footwork, shot setups, and everything else went out the window.

It's nice for Eye that she will get her long-awaited UFC title shot now (...or will she?) but Chook vs whoever wins the belt would have been more interesting IMO, Eye vs Val or Joanna seems so predictable in the mind's eye there's almost no need to watch.

Is Nina a title contender now? Wow, that’s weird to think about.

Back