Official Women's Division Discussion #25

Yeah, they did a pretty good job with 115, even though many of the top fighters did not apply. Methinks the winner would once again be a place holder.
It would be silly for the UFC to crown a TUF winner as the 105 champ when the best atomweight is already on the roster. Then again, they did exactly that with 125 so you never know.

I'm taking Chiesa's word on this matter with a grain of salt though, but it is interesting to hear such a rumor from him of all people.

It would be silly for the UFC to crown a TUF winner as the 105 champ when the best atomweight is already on the roster. Then again, they did exactly that with 125 so you never know.

I'm taking Chiesa's word on this matter with a grain of salt though, but it is interesting to hear such a rumor from him of all people.

I hope they just do it in some sort of tournament format. This would give the people unfamiliar with the division time to get to know some people plus it adds legitimacy - something the UFC seems to give zero fucks about - it does not waste time with that stupid-ass show and a lot of the old-timers, myself included, like the idea.

I doubt there's a significant weight difference between the two, especially after listening to Mike Brown talking about Joanna's diet and weightcut in the video that I posted above.

Yeah. I mean, JJ is a little taller, Shev appears thicker through the back and shoulders. Probably pretty damn close. Still should be a great fight.

I hope they just do it in some sort of tournament format. This would give the people unfamiliar with the division time to get to know some people plus it adds legitimacy - something the UFC seems to give zero fucks about - it does not waste time with that stupid-ass show and a lot of the old-timers, myself included, like the idea.
A tourni would be pretty cool if done right. 8 fighter spread with, say
Waterson
Hamderlei
JYF
Minna (particularly if she wins next week)
Carla (if she can)
Tecia (ditto)
Hamasaki
Kanna

With alternates like Amber Brown or Jessica Penne. Maybe you could add some of the younger guns in Invicta but I'd probably go with established vets for this tourni.

Of course, this is the UFC so we'd get a TUF season with half of the cast being whodafooks with nice asses instead.

What the what?

No word f4om Invicta yet

Waterson
Hamderlei
JYF
Carla (if she can)
Tecia (ditto)
Hamasaki
Kanna

With alternates like Amber Brown or Jessica Penne. Maybe you could add some of the younger guns in Invicta but I'd probably go with established vets for this tourni.

Of course, this is the UFC so we'd get a TUF season with half of the cast being whodafooks with nice asses instead.

Can Waterson really make 105 again? Her stalker has stated how hard it was, she nearly died, etc.? She has spent the bulk of her career at 115 and lately has added more mass (in a very good way).

Can Waterson really make 105 again? Her stalker has stated how hard it was, she nearly died, etc.? She has spent the bulk of her career at 115 and lately has added more mass (in a very good way).
Yes her last attempt was a very hard cut but that was because it was a late replacement. People always leave the lack of time she had to diet down out when stating how hard the cut was.

https://www.mmamania.com/2014/11/1/...w-headlines-invicta-fc-10-herica-tiburcio-mma

Yes her last attempt was a very hard cut but that was because it was a late replacement. People always leave the lack of time she had to diet down out when stating how hard the cut was.

https://www.mmamania.com/2014/11/1/...w-headlines-invicta-fc-10-herica-tiburcio-mma

He seemed to play more than one cut up as difficult, but, well, I am not sure how accurate that was. I do know she is larger than ever, and probably does not want to cut back down. It is not as if she will dominate the division. She only has one top five win in history. I think she has two top ten wins.

It would be silly for the UFC to crown a TUF winner as the 105 champ when the best atomweight is already on the roster.
Didn't Waterson got finished in her last AW fight?
Interesting that you didn't included the girl responsible by that in your fantasy tourney too..

I also don't see Kanna signing with UFC that soon unless Rizin goes bankrupt. Maybe Hamasaki because it was her dream or something like that, and she's getting up there in age.

Anyway to me Chiesa is a semi irrelevant bum, i wouldn't take his word for it. For anything, really.

He seemed to play more than one cut up as difficult, but, well, I am not sure how accurate that was. I do know she is larger than ever, and probably does not want to cut back down. It is not as if she will dominate the division. She only has one top five win in history. I think she has two top ten wins.
Yea, I am not sure if she can make it anymore. Especially after seeing that picture she put up today on her instagram.

Yea, I am not sure if she can make it anymore. Especially after seeing that picture she put up today on her instagram.
Maybe she couldn't make the cut in the next 2 or so months, fine, but i'm sure she would slowly adapt her body to try it if this division was indeed confirmed.
After Evans-Smith's body transformation, i'm not doubting anyone who really wants it.

Interesting that you didn't included the girl responsible by that in your fantasy tourney too..
I didn’t include her because I thought she was inactive. I suppose a year and a half isn’t that bad though; before checking I thought it was much longer.

The whole tourni is a pipe dream, so I figured why not Kanna? TBH I’d be pretty surprised if the UFC goes after Hamderlei early too just because they don’t seem to be keen on outbidding orgs for their WMMA talent and she already fought for them before

I didn’t include her because I thought she was inactive. I suppose a year and a half isn’t that bad though; before checking I thought it was much longer.

The whole tourni is a pipe dream, so I figured why not Kanna? TBH I’d be pretty surprised if the UFC goes after Hamderlei early too just because they don’t seem to be keen on outbidding orgs for their WMMA talent and she already fought for them before
She had a baby, but i'm pretty sure she will be back next year, not anytime soon though.

I agree with you regarding Ham, specially considering how underwhelming her UFC run was, usually they don't take back fighters with losing Zuffa records that quick.

Waterson
Hamderlei
JYF
Carla (if she can)
Tecia (ditto)
Hamasaki
Kanna

The thing is, just like most seasons of TUF recently, a lot of the best fighters are too big to be in the house. Claudia and Joanna being prime examples.

I have SEVERE doubts Carla and Tecia could make 105 at all, never mind for multiple fights on TUF. Waterson would need a couple months at least before a fight. No way would she be a TUF fighter.

I agree, it would just be a bunch of undersized unknowns who don't deserve to be the "first 105lb UFC champ".

got a question for sherdog veterans: would it be possible to get a women's mma subforum made with an explicit rule about dickhole posters coming in and complaining about wmma? or do ppl like keeping it in the main threads and here

Back