Official Women's Division Discussion #25

I'd say that's promising. ATT has done a pretty good job at teaching fighters the fundamentals and building their skills from the ground up.
Just reading the article on MMA Junkie, it seems like she's already improved since starting there, and has found some more ways to integrate her TKD game (which is not easy to do for mma).

Not just the tattoos... but definitely the tattoos:

You'll have to use google translate, and then still make sense of it (because Korean does not translate well via algorithm), but this is a neat story about Road FC 51 XX fighter Yu-Ri Shim. Apparently after her last fight, she hung around, watching her fight on her phone, analyzing what she did wrong and could do better:
http://roadfc.co.kr/main/news/news_view.php?key=JTI1MjUzRGdET3lJVE0=

Whoever the assailant is that injured Rachael Ostovich I hope it ain't
her husband because that would look incredibly bad on him knowing
that his MMA license can be revoked for legal issues involving a felony.
He's got bigger issues than his license now, damn.

I wish I knew more about how these numbers were arrived at.

I wish I knew more about how these numbers were arrived at.

In my opinion, those stats should always be taken with a grain salt. What is and what is not a significant strike is way too subjective. Plus they are numbers without context. Fighting lower teir opponents means easier chance to get those stats. Fighting against a fighter who just runs the whole fight will kill those stats. Fights a wrestler to tries to push you against the cage the whole fight kills those stats. There are too many things that can happen in MMA for me to take those stats seriously at all.

In my opinion, those stats should always be taken with a grain salt. What is and what is not a significant strike is way too subjective. Plus they are numbers without context. Fighting lower teir opponents means easier chance to get those stats. Fighting against a fighter who just runs the whole fight will kill those stats. Fights a wrestler to tries to push you against the cage the whole fight kills those stats. There are too many things that can happen in MMA for me to take those stats seriously at all.
Good point.

I wonder if the Leslie Smith numbers come from her FOTN fight with Irene Aldana. I seem to recall that it was pretty much non-stop throwing from both, with Leslie throwing at higher pace.

Priscila might actually win this, guess it will come down to cardio and home town judging.

Was I reading it right that Arnold Berdon faces life without parole if
he is found guilty of attempted murder or was that a really educated
guess at best.

Was I reading it right that Arnold Berdon faces life without parole if
he is found guilty of attempted murder or was that a really educated
guess at best.

Classic prosecutorial overcharging. Threaten him with attempted murder so he takes a plea deal for some form of assault. The case likely never sees a court room either (especially if his wife Rachael Ostovich refuses to testify, which seems likely considering her Instagram posts), and they reach a plea beforehand.

So Kayla Harrison's next fight will be against Moriel Charneski at the next PFL event. Charneski is 3-4 in mma. Should be a showcase squash match for Harrison.

Last edited:
Back