Would Invicta be stronger if not for UFC most likely
but what is offered is a fair product that features
solid fight cards and the much needed new blood
that UFC will not take a chance on do to the fighters
in some cases being debuting pros or not having
many pro fights.

Yeah, this is depressing:

Michelle Waterson
: $17,500 ($15,000 to show, $2,500 Reebok sponsorship)
Angela Magana: $12,500 ($10,000 to show, $2,500 Reebok sponsorship)

Only making $5000 more than Magana. I think that was Michelle's last fight on that contract also. Not gonna get much leverage for negotiations with a loss. Can't believe she wasn't able to renegotiate after the win over Paige. She shouldn't have her husband as her manager. Terrible.

Would Invicta be stronger if not for UFC most likely
but what is offered is a fair product that features
solid fight cards and the much needed new blood
that UFC will not take a chance on do to the fighters
in some cases being debuting pros or not having
many pro fights.

Well, there were the huge financial issues with the former partner. Not really in the loop on that issue, so others can probably offer more insight, but from what I understand, they wound up bleeding money and the deal with the Evil Empire allowed them to stay afloat.

I think it was more a function of Michelle being gassed already and/or Tecia simply being too damn strong. Strength can really mask poor technique. The way Tecia spun Michelle around and pressed her up against the cage was seriously disheartening.

I think the wheels started to come off in the first round. Michelle was fresh and did a great job getting Tecia's back. That's a position Michelle is absolutely *deadly* in. The RNC is one of her go-to moves. But Tecia simply muscled through it like nothing, even standing up with Michelle on her back.

She doing this against a version of Waterson who has the most muscle ever in her career and walks around 10 lbs heavier than Torrres.

The only disappointing technique I saw from Michelle was in the standup. She said she had really improved her boxing, yet Tecia was landing Diaz-style 1-2 combos straight to the face without a hint of head movement. On top of that, she was reverting to her terrible "back straight up when underpressure" style.... and not throwing enough front kicks. She said she was working on her hesitation from the Rose fight.....but she was still hesitating.

Not a good night for Michelle. I don't think she was close to 100 percent, for whatever reason. If she was, she needs to rethink her career path.
oohh..............is the love affair over?

Michelle Waterson

Only making $5000 more than Magana. I think that was Michelle's last fight on that contract also. Not gonna get much leverage for negotiations with a loss. Can't believe she wasn't able to renegotiate after the win over Paige. She shouldn't have her husband as her manager. Terrible.

So where did those figures come from, Michegan don't publish purses and there's nothing on tapology? If they came from that website which was being bandied about the other day then it's pure illinformed guesswork based on her last published purse, the Sacramento fight with PVZ.

I think it was more a function of Michelle being gassed already and/or Tecia simply being too damn strong. Strength can really mask poor technique. The way Tecia spun Michelle around and pressed her up against the cage was seriously disheartening.

I think the wheels started to come off in the first round. Michelle was fresh and did a great job getting Tecia's back. That's a position Michelle is absolutely *deadly* in. The RNC is one of her go-to moves. But Tecia simply muscled through it like nothing, even standing up with Michelle on her back.

She doing this against a version of Waterson who has the most muscle ever in her career and walks around 10 lbs heavier than Torrres.

The only disappointing technique I saw from Michelle was in the standup. She said she had really improved her boxing, yet Tecia was landing Diaz-style 1-2 combos straight to the face without a hint of head movement. On top of that, she was reverting to her terrible "back straight up when underpressure" style.... and not throwing enough front kicks. She said she was working on her hesitation from the Rose fight.....but she was still hesitating.

Not a good night for Michelle. I don't think she was close to 100 percent, for whatever reason. If she was, she needs to rethink her career path.

Okay, there must be something in the water here in New Mexico. Not only was Waterson well off her usual game, but @SeverianB just openly admitted to not being imprezzed by her performanz (even going so far as to bringing her career into question.) Never thought I'd see the day! Perhaps the real @SeverianB has been abducted by aliens.

Michelle Waterson

The posted purses are rather grim. If that's all fighters are getting paid, I certainly don't feel like UFC is any better than other organizations. Bigger, yes. Better? Sure doesn't sound like it. Fight once or twice per year for chump change? There's no way fighters can make a living with that. Perhaps Waterson is tired from working the drive-thru at Golden Pride to make ends meet. *Kidding. I haven't actually seen her there.* It makes me wish I could still buy Invicta fight cards directly from Invicta. I'd rather more of my funds go directly to that organization (as opposed to one or two kernels from a Fight Pass sub.) Even if it would make no difference whatsoever, I could at least let myself believe that it would benefit fighters who put so much on the line.

Okay, there must be something in the water here in New Mexico. Not only was Waterson well off her usual game, but @SeverianB just openly admitted to not being imprezzed by her performanz (even going so far as to bringing her career into question.) Never thought I'd see the day! Perhaps the real @SeverianB has been abducted by aliens.

The posted purses are rather grim. If that's all fighters are getting paid, I certainly don't feel like UFC is any better than other organizations. Bigger, yes. Better? Sure doesn't sound like it. Fight once or twice per year for chump change? There's no way fighters can make a living with that. Perhaps Waterson is tired from working the drive-thru at Golden Pride to make ends meet. *Kidding. I haven't actually seen her there.* It makes me wish I could still buy Invicta fight cards directly from Invicta. I'd rather more of my funds go directly to that organization (as opposed to one or two kernels from a Fight Pass sub.) Even if it would make no difference whatsoever, I could at least let myself believe that it would benefit fighters who put so much on the line.
{<redford}

No, not really. Waterson makes the same mistakes she has always made. That is why I keep expecting her to improve. Never quite seems to get her shit together.

The long story short version of events with Invicta
having financial issues was Janet Martin didn't add
up so after Invicta FC 10 she got kicked to the curve
and Shannon Knapp took over ownership after she
had to pull a mortgage on her house to keep Invicta
a float.

The long story short version of events with Invicta
having financial issues was Janet Martin didn't add
up so after Invicta FC 10 she got kicked to the curve
and Shannon Knapp took over ownership after she
had to pull a mortgage on her house to keep Invicta
a float.

Why are all your posts
Structured so? Is it a fucked
Up Haiku setting?

:)

Are the UFC such bad payers when it comes to WMMA? Let's look at some recent purses: Suarez who got 50k for beating Pereira, Ansaroff 30k for beating Hill, Tecia who got 60k plus a 50k bonus for beating Lima, Herrig 50k for the win over Kish

Sure if you lose the rewards aren't so great but this is prizefighting after all, so Hill 21k for losing to Ansaroff, Lima 17k, Pereira 14k, Yoder 12k.

Esparza got 66k for outpointing Moroz - which is 1k more than was earned by the entire 18 girl card at Invicta's last show. And is Moroz really being underpaid at 23k for her losing effort?

There are close to a 100 women on the UFC roster, if they take fights and win they can earn decent money - especially if they pick up a bonus (around 60 awarded so far). If they dodge fights and lose not so much. Unfortunately mma isn't tennis or golf and only a handful are going to get rich.

Edit ... actually the total wage bill for that Invicta card was 67k, so 1k more than Carla's purse for beating Maryna

Last edited:
Is not that UFC doesn't pay well, the problem is that doesn't exist enough money in MMA as a whole. UFC is the major organization where big players get paid the most, this include WMMA, look to Ronda and PVZ lol, Waterson probably should negotiate a better contract tho.

Are the UFC such bad payers when it comes to WMMA? Let's look at some recent purses: Suarez who got 50k for beating Pereira, Ansaroff 30k for beating Hill, Tecia who got 60k plus a 50k bonus for beating Lima, Herrig 50k for the win over Kish

Sure if you lose the rewards aren't so great but this is prizefighting after all, so Hill 21k for losing to Ansaroff, Lima 17k, Pereira 14k, Yoder 12k.

Esparza got 66k for outpointing Moroz - which is 1k more than was earned by the entire 18 girl card at Invicta's last show. And is Moroz really being underpaid at 23k for her losing effort?

There are close to a 100 women on the UFC roster, if they take fights and win they can earn decent money - especially if they pick up a bonus (around 60 awarded so far). If they dodge fights and lose not so much. Unfortunately mma isn't tennis or golf and only a handful are going to get rich.

That really puts things into perspective. Especially Esparza earning more than everyone on an Invicta card:eek:. Is the pay negotiated when the initial contract is signed? Or, is it negotiated before each fight? I don't know how that stuff works. At least some of the fighters are doing alright. Fighting twice per year and making $50K each time wouldn't be too bad.

That really puts things into perspective. Especially Esparza earning more than everyone on an Invicta card:eek:. Is the pay negotiated when the initial contract is signed? Or, is it negotiated before each fight? I don't know how that stuff works. At least some of the fighters are doing alright. Fighting twice per year and making $50K each time wouldn't be too bad.

I expect that Esparza's pay rate jumped up for having been a champion.

I expect that Esparza's pay rate jumped up for having been a champion.

Maybe but Herrig was on the same card and was on 25/25 and Tecia a fortnight later on 30/30 ... so Carla's 33/33 wasn't that much of a leap.

Maybe but Herrig was on the same card and was on 25/25 and Tecia a fortnight later on 30/30 ... so Carla's 33/33 wasn't that much of a leap.

Doesn't the formula also call for increases according to the number of fights fought? Carla hasn't been very busy.

Doesn't the formula also call for increases according to the number of fights fought? Carla hasn't been very busy.

It looks that way .... being a tuf winner must count for something as well with Suarez on 25/25 in only her second fight.

Back