Official Women's Division Discussion #25

43724199_2124186324267107_956493614865711104_n.jpg

Team SFS' Kristi Garr's (3-0) fight last weekend got cancelled. She's now facing Elle Wagman (5-2) at KCFA 31 on December 1st. This is an Atomweight fight and is a tough fight for both of these girls before they go pro.

Since Roxy managed to avenge her loss to Barb in convincing fashion, hopefully she can do the same to Eubanks.

Rats, they ended up booking an Eubanks fight I actually have to watch...

Go Roxy!

Does Megan seriously think she has anything for Zigano after getting out-grappled by Holm?
Well, Cat's striking defense is not great, so Megan has a chance. Also, wfw has literally two fighters at the moment, so if she wants to fight, she needs to take every opportunity.

Well, Cat's striking defense is not great, so Megan has a chance. Also, wfw has literally two fighters at the moment, so if she wants to fight, she needs to take every opportunity.

Oh I know there is nobody at 145, but when you keep losing to women a weight class down, it hurts your resume.

Of course, when those are most of the women you beat up, they give you a belt, so there is that.

Given the size difference, I actually like Megan's chances.

but when you keep losing to women a weight class down, it hurts your resume.
Sure, but what are her other options? Go full Alex Gustafsson and just wait long enough until UFC decide to give her title shot? It's not like this division suddenly gonna get deeper, all this girls from TUF will end up in 135 most likely.

And again - Cat didn't look amazing lately, and Megan was able to land some good punches on Holly. It's better than doing nothing.

I guess Megan has nothing to lose by calling out Zingano, there's 2 or 3 genuine 145ers on tuf, a loss to one of them would be more damaging for her.

Looking ahead with Women's Flyweight at UFC there could be as
many as five potential title contenders with fights featuring Eubanks
vs Modaferri,Evans-Smith vs Shevchenko & Lee vs Clark depending
on who wins what fight plus Jessica Eye & Katlyn Chookagian who
already have two wins and are ranked in the top 5 or 10.

Sure, but what are her other options? Go full Alex Gustafsson and just wait long enough until UFC decide to give her title shot? It's not like this division suddenly gonna get deeper, all this girls from TUF will end up in 135 most likely.

And again - Cat didn't look amazing lately, and Megan was able to land some good punches on Holly. It's better than doing nothing.

Well, ok I see your point.

Really her best option would have been to go to Bellator. At least they have something of a division. Still utterly mind-boggling as to how anyone though she would be a threat to Cyborg.

Looking ahead with Women's Flyweight at UFC there could be as
many as five potential title contenders with fights featuring Eubanks
vs Modaferri,Evans-Smith vs Shevchenko & Lee vs Clark depending
on who wins what fight plus Jessica Eye & Katlyn Chookagian who
already have two wins and are ranked in the top 5 or 10.

Same here! Keep it all rolling along.

Same here! Keep it all rolling along.

Yeah, the division has a lot of potential. Sure, it is a goat-fuck right now, so they just need the women to fight as often as possible. In a year, everything should be sorted out.

Watching the Neil vs Maricle fight. While the kick from Neilmcan certainly be seen as dirty, the ref plain as day yelled for them to fight, and even yelled over at Maricle when it was obvious she was oblivious.

I did see the kick in question on Kaytlin Neil’s
Instagram page and what I drew from it is if her
opponent didn’t react it could have gotten scary
real quick because people not paying attention
is what causes injuries and possibly lawsuits.

Since Roxy managed to avenge her loss to Barb in convincing fashion, hopefully she can do the same to Eubanks.

I think it will be a totally different fight now both having actual training camps. Roxy having John Wood in her corner especially.

Can only think if Rose fought Carla now....

Alejandra Lara faces unbeaten Juliana Velasquez at Bellator 212 in Hawaii in December

Didn't the UFC sign Lipski? If so, why isn't this (Lipski vs. Schevchenko) for the Flyweight title fight? I think the UFC just wants to give the belt to Schevchenko (and hope it lasts). They are just trying to pick an opponent she can easily beat (either a straw weight she has already beaten several times or a flyweight with a 3-2 record).
6 months from now, every UFC women's champion could very well be Brazilian...and maybe the UFC doesn't like this?

Jarl

Didn't the UFC sign Lipski? If so, why isn't this (Lipski vs. Schevchenko) for the Flyweight title fight? I think the UFC just wants to give the belt to Schevchenko (and hope it lasts). They are just trying to pick an opponent she can easily beat (either a straw weight she has already beaten several times or a flyweight with a 3-2 record).
6 months from now, every UFC women's champion could very well be Brazilian...and maybe the UFC doesn't like this?

Jarl
I don't think she is quite ready yet. She'll probably get a few easy fights to get up to speed before they give her anyone really dangerous unless she outright starches them in impressive fashion. But if she stays active I don't think it'll take long for her to climb the rankings

And no, the UFC wouldn't have an issue with her being champ. They want their female champs to be 1. reasonably attractive and 2. entertaining as a fighter; she fits both of those, language barrier be damned.

Lipski's really exciting to watch. Enjoys going for the finish. But I wouldn't give her a title shot right away. From her interviews it appears she doesn't want it either.

Back