Official Women's Division Discussion #25

Here's some fights scheduled until end of next month. Interested in comments about the fighters & matchups.

October 27 UFC – Moncton, Canada
Sarah Moras vs. Talita Bernardo (135)

November 10 UFC – Denver, Colorado
Germaine de Randamie vs. Raquel Pennington (135)
Amanda Bobby Cooper vs. Ashley Yoder (115)
Maycee Barber vs. Maia Stevensen (115)

November 15 Bellator – Tel Aviv, Israel
Cindy Dandois vs. Olga Rubin (145)

November 16 Invicta FC 32
Featherweight Felicia Spencer vs. Pam Sorenson (featherweight championship)
Strawweight Mizuki Inoue vs. Viviane Pereira
Atomweight Ashley Cummins vs. Jessica Delboni
Featherweight Kaitlin Young vs. Zarah Fairn Dos Santos
Bantamweight Alexa Conners vs. Julia Avila
Flyweight Erin Blanchfield vs. Kay Hansen
Flyweight Stephanie Geltmacher vs. Liz Tracy
Strawweight Isis Verbeek vs. TBA
Bantamweight Chelsea Chandler vs. Mitzi Merry

November 17 UFC – Buenos Aires, Argentina
Poliana Botelho vs. Cynthia Calvillo (115)

November 24 UFC – Beijing, China
Xiaonan Yan vs. Syuri Kondo (115)

Pancrase – Tokyo, Japan
Ayaka Miura vs. Mallory Martin (115)

November 30 UFC TUF Finale – Las Vegas, Nevada
tba vs. tba (145)
Ashlee Evans-Smith vs. Antonina Shevchenko (125)

TBA has been looking strong while keeping a low profile. In December we'll get Claudia v. Nina Ansaroff, JJ v. Shev and a slew of other great matches. Always check https://wombatsports.wordpress.com/upcoming-fights/ for the latest upcoming fights and results.

Make it a "Loser shuts the fuck up" match and I'm down.

Or embrace the chaos. Be 1-0 and proclaim 'I run the division.' Miss weight and say 'Everyone's scared to fight me.' Demand an injured opponent at next week's card. Insist on title fights only. If it's not real make one up. Like 'The Fight for Fourth Place!'

Sarah Moras vs. Talita Bernardo (135) - if Bernardo loses you'd think she'd be cut but the division is so thin maybe not. Some of the tuf girls will probably move down though.

Germaine de Randamie vs. Raquel Pennington (135) Looking forward to this, hard-core.
Amanda Bobby Cooper vs. Ashley Yoder (115) Loser goes to Invicta, rooting for Yoder.
Maycee Barber vs. Maia Stevensen (115) A gimme fight to boost Barber.

Invicta FC 32 deserves a thread of its own.

Poliana Botelho vs. Cynthia Calvillo (115) - No idea why folk dislike Cynthia, she's obviously not Dana's girl anymore either. On the long haul flight but I think she gets back on track

Ayaka Miura vs. Mallory Martin (115) - The UFC could do worse than sign a crowd pleaser like Martin, she lost to a Barber who outDerned Dern too, remember that

Ashlee Evans-Smith vs. Antonina Shevchenko (125) - start of a bad week for the sisters!

From @PurpleStorm 's list, the things I feel like warrant a slice of my random commentary at the moment:

I keep forgetting Moras is still around in the UFC :( But I'll be rooting for her.

Randamie I could not give a toss about, so even if I wasn't in Team Rocky i'd be in Team Rocky :)

Yoder over ABC (but probably the Spidermonkey is wronged by the judges again, like she was against Kish, Hill and Dern - that just seems like her lot in life)

On Invicta the big things for me are MIZUKI and return of Kaitlin Young to the fighter roster. Seems like a cool card but those two are the standouts for me.

Sadly Cooper vs Yoder won't have a winner because whoever picks
up the loss gets the Invicta contract up front while the winner still may
pick up a Invicta contract because of having a not so great record.

Alesha Zappitella is scheduled to fight Amber Brown at the December 15th Invicta card. This was just announced by Alesha's coach. This has to be a number 1 contender fight. Jinh Yu Frey doesn't have a fight scheduled yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if she had a rematch against Herica Tiburcio at this card. The winners of both fights can fight in early/mid 2019.
Any idea the location of the Dec event?

Invicta FC 33 takes place at The Scottish Rite Of Kansas City
in Kansas City Missouri December 14th.

I got $20 for whoever slashes Mike England's tires on the morning of December 14th.
LOL. He's far from the best referee, but he's no Cecil Peoples, either.

I wouldn't do that to him. He's too nice of a guy.

I am gonna try to go to this one though, if I can get off of work. December's a bitch when you work for the postal service.

Also, live streaming on YT tonight.
discussion topics: 1. Joanna/Shev/Eubanks fight triangle
2.Katlynn Neil's "sucker punch," and
3.ONE Championship: is it doing right by the ladies?

in addition to weekend fight results and upcoming fights.

Does Megan seriously think she has anything for Zigano after getting out-grappled by Holm?

Quick summary for the weekend, which is actually busy in the women's divisions...
-----
Bellator has four bouts total. All prelims/postlims with only Sinead Kavanagh vs. Janay Harding guarenteed to stream :

Friday
  • Sinead Kavanagh vs. Janay Harding (145)
  • Alexandra Ballou vs. Lisa Blaine (125)
  • Kristi Lopez vs. Sarah Click (125)
Saturday
  • Jennifer Chieng vs. Jessica Ruiz (115)
-----
Combates is doing a rare Saturday card, which will stream in DAZN or for free on Univision Deportes. Co-main is Amanda Serrano vs. Ere Ordoñez
----
In amateur action Saturday the WCFL will crown its 115 pound tournament champ. Cara Greenwell and Kayla Hracho will face each other in a rematch of their epic battle earlier in the tournament with the winner getting an InvictaFC contract.

Also on the card IMMAF champ and English fighter Joanne Doyle faces Chi Sheibley. The third match features Faith Davis vs Lauren Bensinger.

This will be streaming on Fite.tv ppv
----
A lot of international action as well. Have the updated fights for this weekend here.

https://wombatsports.wordpress.com/upcoming-fights/

Back