Official Women's Division Discussion #25

But one way to get some recognition is to beat those cute girls

First you have to get them into the cage. Look at Waterson with her high ranking based on wins over Magana and VanZant ..... ok I forgot the win over Casey where mmadecisions tell us the press saw it 16 to 1 for Casey.

I recall the hate starting as soon as she pulled out, calling her a coward, claiming she was faking and all that, the fight didn't help fix things, but it began before that

I seem to remember Amanda getting a fair amount of hate after the Rousey fight, perhaps as a result of various tweets she made. Certainly Nunes made a public apology a month or so after the fight. Maybe should have stuck to the "Never apologize, never explain" rule.

First you have to get them into the cage. Look at Waterson with her high ranking based on wins over Magana and VanZant ..... ok I forgot the win over Casey where mmadecisions tell us the press saw it 16 to 1 for Casey.

I have said many times that the promoter seems to match cuties together, and they get higher position on fight card.
Michelle W seems to be matched only against cute girls for example.

Given previous two posts:

Zhang by size and general athleticism, Lipski by violence.

I have a feeling the UFC are essentially trying to "clean up" their divisions with fights like these. I had the same vibe coming off the Souza vs. Chambers bout, I think Astro Girl's on her way out sadly. I don't see Moroz or JAG lasting either if they lose. I'm going with Zhang UD and Lipski SUB in the first round.

KK's teammate Anita Bekus won her pro debut, defeating Hanna Gujwan by unanimous decision. If KSW are looking to rebuild their division then fighters with young records like Bekus and Aleksandra Rola would be a great place to start.

Also announced for EFC 74:

Last edited:
randa markos has a fight can't wait for her to lose a clear decision and then say she should have won
randa markos fighting next? time to take a piss break
randa marko's fights are so boring i have more fun watching turds come out of my asshole
personally i'd cut randa she is a can and boring to watch
Randa Markos suucks she does the absolute bare minimum she can do to win and then whines when she loses a close fight.

Calm down

Nope i am tired of her stinking up cards she whines as much as woodley but doesn't have any of the talent. waste of a roster spot.

Nope i am tired of her stinking up cards she whines as much as woodley but doesn't have any of the talent. waste of a roster spot.
you realise homeless infant has put you on his list now? cos you know he still lurks.....

I thought that was a poor performance from Randa. She easily won the first round with a takedown and domination on the mat, then seemed to choose to spend nearly all of the next 2 rounds trading punches in space getting narrowly outstruck? She seemed annoyed at the decision, but you'd think she'd know better by now. She had a clear path to victory and chose not to take it.
Apparently she also said that the UFC told her she had to take the fight or she would be cut. You'd expect her to go for it more given such a circumstance. Might not take to kindly to saying that 'out loud' as it is.

Also I feel I must defend the honor of the humble Head & Arm throw. Ppl in the pbp giving Randa heat for using it, but she won the first round easily (and could have won other rounds) because she did.
Also some remarks about the better grapplers not using it, for instance...

You realise Suarez has used a head and arm throw in the majority of her UFC fights right?

All hail the head and arm!

Yeah the head & arm throw can work effectively depending on when & how it's used. It worked for Markos in round 1. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Surprised to hear she complained about the decision. I think she was lucky to get the draw. I scored it 2-1 Rodriguez, who out-struck her on the feet in rounds 2 & 3.

Edited to add: according to @Askafan she didn't really complain about the draw, it was a clickbait title from mmajunkie. Saw an interview with her where she appeared fine with it.

Last edited:

Holy shit. It's official.

Really glad Lipski's joining the UFC. She was exciting to watch in KSW. She's already performed before big crowds & seems to thrive on pressure so I don't think she'll feel intimidated. Hope she continues going for finishes. Good first match for her. Beyond that, obviously UFC is gonna be a big step up in competition. Wishing her all the best!

Here's a fight to keep an eye on: Karol Rosa (9-2-0) vs. Melissa Gatto (5-0-2) taking place on the Nacao Cyborg 3 card this Saturday. Rosa is replacing Mariana Morais.

Also Marilia Santos (8-2-0) returned to MMA after over a year off (her last fight was a loss to Zhang). She had a fight against Noemi Galarza three days ago however I haven't yet come across a result, anyone know who won?

Also Marilia Santos (8-2-0) returned to MMA after over a year off (her last fight was a loss to Zhang). She had a fight against Noemi Galarza three days ago however I haven't yet come across a result, anyone know who won?
Marilia won by submission on R2 according to her FB.

Been a while since I’ve had sufficient free time to add to my channel. I’ll be going live tonight at ~10pm est to go over the past weekend’s results, recent news, and upcoming fights.

Congrats to Amanda Bobby Cooper on the purchase of a new home

Back