Official Women's Division Discussion #25

Agreed. The UFC has not given her many winnable fights. Even when skill levels are comparable, she is fighting much bigger women. Too bad, as she seems really cool.
Well she's the slightly bigger woman this time vs former atomweight Souza. Still going to be a very hard fight for her. She looks great for almost 40 years old though.

No one mentioned Denise Kielholtz vs Veta Arteaga at Bellator 205 tonight, but I'm also backing current Bellator kickboxing champion Denise to move one step closer to earning a title shot in the Bellator flyweight division with a win over scrappy Veta Arteaga.

Thanks for bringing this one up, I'd totally forgotten that this fight is going down tonight. Denise is definitely one to keep an eye on, her last fight was a bit frustrating to watch since she kept making things hard on herself, but she has the skills to make life hard for many of the fighters in her division. I hope she can put together a smart game plan and really start dominating her opponents.

Well she's the slightly bigger woman this time vs former atomweight Souza. Still going to be a very hard fight for her. She looks great for almost 40 years old though.

Is she bigger, though? I always thought she could easily make 105. I could be wrong, though.

Former atomweight? Souza has fought at flyweight, but never atomweight. Chambers is the one time atom weight.

Also, Souza 5’5” to Chambers 5’3”

For Chambers, I think it's a heck of an accomplishment to have made it into the UFC... and then made it this far. She has both size and age as disadvantages. Unless Souza makes some sort of mistake and gets caught in a sub, I think this might be Chambers' swan song. Certainly nothing to be ashamed of. Making it onto TUF and fighting for the UFC is very impressive. An astrophysicist competing in MMA is pretty wild in and of itself. I'm now feeling a bit sentimental as I remember back to when I used to exchange messages with her when she was fighting for Invicta. The good ol' days!

Former atomweight? Souza has fought at flyweight, but never atomweight. Chambers is the one time atom weight.

Also, Souza 5’5” to Chambers 5’3”
Ah, I was thinking of the Hamasaki fight, I forgot that was strawweight. Livinha going to win anyway.

Disappointing end for Kielholtz. She was doing really well until she forgot rule number 1: protect ya neck.
Disappointing for sure. Denise makes a lot of mistakes still including almost getting her back taken as a result of her attempted ubiquitous WMMA head & arm throw and not protecting her neck.

Denise w that Lobov type record 2-2

your record has to be in double figures before you can start to be compared to Flowbov. 2-2 is pretty common in starting out fighters

If the Randa that pwnd Juliana Lima shows up she should easily win vs the grappleless Rodriguez. We might even see the return of Randa the Submission Panda.
No point talking too much about it anyway since according to the greatest constant known to science, Randa lost her last fight so will tonight come what may.

I don't know about Robertson/That Other Brazilian Girl, Robertson has put together nice finishes in the UFC but they were against bums, Other Brazilian Girl also had a nice win but it was impossible to read anything into it. I guess Robertson is a bit more proven at this point and training out of a better place so, Robertson?

I think there must be some prettygirl hater in the UFC matchmaking staff, first Karolina, now of all people, cute loveable astrophysicist Chambers is booked in the first ever UFC snuff match, it ain't right I tells ya
<2>

Agreed. The UFC has not given her many winnable fights.

Sadly I think there just weren't many winnable fights for her anyway, the UFC gave her Curran (who was probably the divisions worst fighter) and although she got her one and only UFC win in the fight, it came after 2½ rounds of getting beaten to a pulp and required a massive derp from Curran to pull off.

Sadly I think there just weren't many winnable fights for her anyway, the UFC gave her Curran (who was probably the divisions worst fighter) and although she got her one and only UFC win in the fight, it came after 2½ rounds of getting beaten to a pulp and required a massive derp from Curran to pull off.

I agree. Too bad as she is just really cool.

The thing that didn't help Denise Kielholtz either was
Veta Arteaga having the frame of a Bantamweight and
a weight advantage that had to be close to 15 pounds.

Yinz all a bunch of faithless little bitches! WAR Astro Girl!

upload_2018-9-22_17-57-12.jpeg

At least Astro didn't dieded, like Ayaka
<mma1>

Hopefully she will be reborn in the Atomweight division as Astro GOAT

Back