Official Women's Division Discussion #25

41944188_690700587965859_3315411648079986688_n.jpg

In a mild upset, Miranda Granger (4-0) defeated Amy Montenegro (8-4) with a 1st round Guillotine. Miranda has yet to lose as either an amateur and pro but hasn't fought out of the PNW. I expect Invicta will be giving her a call after this. She's definitely a Strawweight to watch out for.

41944188_690700587965859_3315411648079986688_n.jpg

In a mild upset, Miranda Granger (4-0) defeated Amy Montenegro (8-4) with a 1st round Guillotine. Miranda has yet to lose as either an amateur and pro but hasn't fought out of the PNW. I expect Invicta will be giving her a call after this. She's definitely a Strawweight to watch out for.

She looks big for a SW. Perhaps it's just the camera angle. Was it a good scrap up until the sub? Did Montenegro tap or go to sleep (again)?

She looks big for a SW. Perhaps it's just the camera angle. Was it a good scrap up until the sub? Did Montenegro tap or go to sleep (again)?

41851569_10216548671646777_6995030136244404224_n.jpg

I haven't seen video, but it looks like they end up on the cage pretty quick and Granger sunk in a Guillotine that Amy wasn't able to get out of. I posted a picture of the choke. Not sure if she tapped or went to sleep. She's fought her whole career at Strawweight. She's 5'7" so yeah she's probably pretty big for the weight class.

Looks like Karla, sorry Kayla, won't be coming to the UFC as soon as some of us expected - PFL planning a 12 strong lightweight roster. Off to hunt some potential names, may be some time.

Looks like Karla, sorry Kayla, won't be coming to the UFC as soon as some of us expected - PFL planning a 12 strong lightweight roster. Off to hunt some potential names, may be some time.
Surprised they're doing this at 155 pounds rather than 145 pounds. I know that Kayla doesn't like cutting that much weight, but who are they going to get to fight at that weight class? Probably going to have to get some blown up 145ers and even 135ers interested in that potential million plus dollar payday.

Good. She needs time to develop. At least she is honest about how much work her striking needs. It will be nice to see what she grows into.

I'm gonna laugh my dick off when PFL builds a better 155lb division then the UFC's 145 division.

Seo is stepping in on short notice to replace the injured Yu-Jin Jung. Seo has fiught at flyweight twice before, once against the grandma who beats up on kids, Emilio Raika, and once against a late replacement opponent who couldn’t make straw weight in time. Most of her fights have come at ~110 lbs, and Seo says she would like to fight Ham one day.
https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/fighters/139191-ji-yeon-seo

Source article: https://m.sports.naver.com/general/news/read.nhn?oid=575&aid=0000000334

Montana De La Rosa's an underrated cutie. What do you think of her potential trajectory and ceiling?

5'7" women shouldn't be strawweights, imo. She's quite thin.
Cortney Casey is 5’7” and makes the weight fine. Irene Cabello has made weight for atomweight (105.9) and is that height. Height =/= weight.

Cortney Casey is 5’7” and makes the weight fine. Irene Cabello has made weight for atomweight (105.9) and is that height. Height =/= weight.
Yeah, I don't approve how they look on the scale, either.

Some insight....

The beginning of the year saw 15 amateur and 2 pro bouts at 155. There were 11 bouts over that weight.

Featherweight had 28 amateur and 12 pro bouts.

Seeing that Kayla is 2-0 now, I see a lot of those amateurs turning pro and filling some spots. I would like to see see King Reina a part of this.

In case you missed it upset at TUF this week

Lobo gym fighter Paulina Vargas has a fight coming up on Oct 5 in Mexico City. Surprised Invicta hasn’t signed her yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back