Official Women's Division Discussion #25

Veronika Rodova is evidently taking “come forward aggressively” lessons from her countrywoman Lucie Pudilova. Fun fight from her, and she moves to 3-1, with her only loss being to Morgabe Ribout.

Veronika Rodova is evidently taking “come forward aggressively” lessons from her countrywoman Lucie Pudilova. Fun fight from her, and she moves to 3-1, with her only loss being to Morgabe Ribout.

That was a good scrap to watch. Thanks for posting.

Maybe someone can explain the criteria to get ranked at UFC
because Montana De La Rosa & Gillian Robertson are 2-0 in
the Women's Flyweight division with both of there wins coming
by finish but yet no ranking.

No one knows.

Both Rose Namajunas & Cat Zingano have fought at Invicta
prior to fighting at UFC.

Nobody can figure it out. KGB started at 12 after a decision.

I was just randomly thinking that Tatiana Suarez might end up being what we thought Sara McMann had potential to become. She still has some areas to work on but she has all the potential in the world. I also like how before the Grasso fight she wanted to go slowly up the ranks, but after she destroyed Grasso she wanted a high rank fighter. This shows a sudden boost in confidence that her current skills are enough to beat the best in the division.

I noticed that the UFC has started to get behind and promote Tatiana subtly. Carla was chosen as an opponent for a reason. She was the easiest fight for Suarez near the top 5. While some other girls are going on a few months without a fight Carla was booked for this one almost instantly after her last one. Smart matchmaking. The seeds were also planted by the UFC for the comparison between Suarez and Khabib before the fight even took place. It seems like this is going to be their strategy on how to promote her. I am interested to see just how far she can go in this division.

Nobody can figure it out. KGB started at 12 after a decision.
The rankings are just the opinions of a bunch of media members jumbled into 1 list . If you are looking for something cohesive about the rankings you are never going to find it.

Robertson should be #15 minimum, but UFC rankings are the same rankings that have Holm ranked at #1 at bantamweight with her last win at that weight class being against Bethe over a year ago so really there's not much hope.

Back