Official Women's Division Discussion #25

I was impressed with Anderson and the two wrestlers, the little one and the big one. Maverick should sue Invicta for that make over, worst make-up I've ever seen outside a circus and why is Megan Anderson turning blue? The main event? Well if Invicta want to claim that their belt - their promotion even - has legitimacy, then they need to get out of Missouri, embarrassing.

Last edited:
Ignoring the ridiculous robbery, and maybe this is recency bias talking, but does anyone else feel like invicta has had a problem with dud main events lately?

In the Invicta title fight, Grusander burrowed Frey against the fence but didn't do much from there. In some cases it could have been broken up earlier because she wasn't advancing position or remaining active. Frey got out of every clinch with a good circle and hook or if a takedown she popped back up. Not to take anything away from Grusander. She's a strong tough fighter with a nice personality. I felt Frey showed better striking, a more mixed arsenal and came closer to finishing the fight. Despite the announcers I gave Frey 1, 3 & 5.

Last edited:
Ignoring the ridiculous robbery, and maybe this is recency bias talking, but does anyone else feel like invicta has had a problem with dud main events lately?

Yeah, the undercard was more exciting tonight. Sometimes in main events it seems one or both fighters is trying not to lose more than going for the win.

The main event was an absolute stinker, I didn't even keep score because I was absolutely bored and due to the 'robbery' there may be a rematch ugh!

Hamaski please come back.

I agree. Back in the days Invicta used to be guaranteed exciting fights the whole card. Then it started getting the feel of UFC WMMA. Where people are too afraid to lose so they employ boring fight styles. I did get a small glimpse of that feeling from Andersons flying triangle. It reminded me of the Thug Rose flying armbar.

If any of you WMMA fans were not here for the early Invicta days make sure you watch a few of these old fights. You will not be disappointed. This is from the top of my head so I am probably missing a ton of amazing fights. If anyone got anymore to add please do. I will probably go back and watch them.

Penne vs Waterson
Tecia vs Rose 1
Felice vs Tecia
Katja vs Stephanie Eggink
Karolina VS Mizuki
The rise of Alexa Grasso - When she was thought to be the future
The rise of Joanne Calderwood - She was very fun to watch before the UFC.
Miriam Nakamoto vs Jessamyn Duke - Pure Destruction. Miriams knee injury cut short her promising career.

Karolina VS Mizuki

0G5EyFY.gif

Fuckawesome :)

Well, there you have it. Minna Grussander smells, my suspicions were valid.
I actually overheard them talking about it backstage. I never got close enough to confirm it, but Jinh’s entire team acknowledged it.

Another interesting tidbit: when walking out of the cage, one of Jinh’s cornerman was telling Montana De La Rosa, also in Jinh’s corner, that she was next to bring home a belt.

Ashley Cummins announced she is moving to San Diego to work. No word yet on where she will be training

In the Invicta title fight, Grusander burrowed Frey against the fence but didn't do much from there. In some cases it could have been broken up earlier because she wasn't advancing position or remaining active. Frey got out of every clinch with a good circle and hook or if a takedown she popped back up. Not to take anything away from Grusander. She's a strong tough fighter with a nice personality. I felt Frey showed better striking, a more mixed arsenal and came closer to finishing the fight. Despite the announcers I gave Frey 1, 3 & 5.

Agreed with your scoring. Regarding the bold, even Mike Englund, who was sitting right next to me, was saying to himself “c’mon ref, make them work.”

Really nice guy, by the way. Middle of the title fight, and we’re talking about investment properties between rounds.

Ashley Cummins announced she is moving to San Diego to work. No word yet on where she will be training

Update - Ashley just confirmed to me she will be training at the SDCA/!0th Planet Freak with Liz, Pearl, and Ilima-Lei

Update - Ashley just confirmed to me she will be training at the SDCA/!0th Planet Freak with Liz, Pearl, and Ilima-Lei
That's the Poway location which is in central SD county. It's a cool little town with a lot to offer.

Invicta is getting progressively worse ,more and more amateurs who shouldn't be in there, does anyone seriously think its as good as the first dozen cards? I've watched every card, and no longer get excited by the lineups

Lol this postscript is more entertaining than the fight itself (or the prospect of a rematch).

Dandois gave congratulations to Jinh on instagram, so Cindy is House Frey, Pudilova House Grusander... maybe they should fight. Would be a fun scrap.
Plus the whole BO thing... how can Jinh be so culturally insensitive, it's just that they don't have showers in Finland yet.

And we have Queen Knapp manuevering to 'plant' Kedzie as a judge to obtain the 'correct' outcome...
All this to be resolved (or thickened) in the next episode of Invicta FC (if George finishes the book).

Man, it sucks, but I think I'm done with Invicta at this point.

I just can't remember the last card I enjoyed. I feel like the last 4 at least have been boring.

Frey didn't deserve to get the win. No way at all. Feel pretty sorry for that other girl.

Best fight might've been the one with that Alesha Zappitella girl. She was pretty exciting and pretty hot to go along with it.

Back