Official Women's Division Discussion #25

OMG if they actually make this season it is going to be straight up shit show, even by TUF standards. Time for UFC to let Cyborg go and scrab W145. Let Bellator have it.
My thoughts exactly.

No matter who's on the show, i'm giving it a miss.

Dana White is booking a 2v1 handicap match as we speak.

They also had some chick there who was 4'11, not sure of her name.

You would think the "if you build it they will come" proponents would do some simple math. Dumpster fire of a season and a division.

Is it ever going to be known who tried out for sure since
i know Faith Van Duin & Pam Sorenson from Invicta did
confirm they were trying out.

You would think the "if you build it they will come" proponents would do some simple math. Dumpster fire of a season and a division.
You would think they’d get it in their heads that if they couldn’t even build a halfway division with die hard proponents of the sport, there was no way they were gonna get a bunch of crossover athletes simply in it because there would now be money. Plain as day to see that was never gonna happen.

Is it ever going to be known who tried out for sure since
i know Faith Van Duin & Pam Sorenson from Invicta did
confirm they were trying out.
Last page has a picture of all of them

The whole problem the with build it and they’ll come idea is... there’s no where for them to come from.

It’s not like there’s a lot of depth in talent of women in any combat sports at or above 145 pounds.

The whole problem the with build it and they’ll come idea is... there’s no where for them to come from.

It’s not like there’s a lot of depth in talent of women in any combat sports at or above 145 pounds.
Boxing as some depth at 147 and 154 but those women mostly don't cut weight.

I saw this earlier today. I checked to see if it had been posted but haven't seen it. A meet and greet for all of those inline for the tryout.

Best of luck to those trying out.

Last edited:
Because they had almost 30 people try out I'm assuming they will make it, but I also assume the cast will be basically all bantamweights + Faith Van Duin and probably Zarah Fairn.

Look on the bright side, bantamweight will get a bunch of much needed fighters once this season is over.

It would be super awesome if many natural featherweights got bested by bantamweights and flyweights at tryouts.

You would think they’d get it in their heads that if they couldn’t even build a halfway division with die hard proponents of the sport, there was no way they were gonna get a bunch of crossover athletes simply in it because there would now be money. Plain as day to see that was never gonna happen.

You would think that, yes.

Nope.

It would be super awesome if many natural featherweights got bested by bantamweights and flyweights at tryouts.

It would mirror what happens in actual fights.

I was saying that there wouldn't be many Featherweights
but if the Sherdog fighter profiles are right at least 16 of the
fighters are 145 lbs despite the fact that most of them are
unknown outside of regional shows.

Back