Official Women's Division Discussion #25

Why is Alpar trying out at 145 when she's 5'4" short and has fought predominately as a 125er?

Well, those are pretty much the exact attributes for a fast track to a shot vs. Cyborg :)

Seems like Loma's next fight(s) is mma. Probably Invicta? Her Invicta fight almost has one million views on youtube (sitting at 920,000 right now), so it wouldn't surprise me if Full Metal Dojo tried to get her some fights. They've got some TV deal now with Fox Sports Asia, and their most popular fighter is a Cambodian atomweight...

Stamp Fairtex posted on her facebook, that her new #mma #roommate is one of the girls from the Thai national youth team. I don't know her name, her facebook is all Thai, but a teenager in Thailand who fights in a red or blue kit has been fighting in competitive fights, and is probably very experienced already.

Also if Natchakamon wins her mma fight this weekend she's invited to the IMMAF Asian Open tournament in China this September. Not much footage on Natchakamon, but here she is stopping French fighter Yolande Alonso who there is a lot of footage of.

Larissa Pacheco is also at the tryouts.
So is Kaitlin Young but I'm assuming she's with someone else??
Bea Malecki is there as well
Macy Chiasson and Allison Schmidt are there
So are some that are obviously just trying to get in the UFC no matter the weight class, like Zoila Frausto

Also, it seems as if Kaitlin Young is actually trying out. That's confusing given her relationship with invicta

Also, it seems as if Kaitlin Young is actually trying out. That's confusing given her relationship with invicta

That's fun. Would have guessed she was just there scouting for Invicta. If they don't sign her to fight, wish they would sign her to lighten the load on Shelby/Maynard.

Also almost feel bad for Zoila.

Even if her record is uneven, Kaitlin should get on the show hopefully.

Yeah, from what I understand Zoila was cast on the flyweight tuf then got injured.

If I'm not mistaken Macy Chiasson & Allison Schmidt won't
be eligible do to only having 2 pro fights and the requirements
to qualify were 3 pro fights minimum with a winning record.

I am hoping that when the Women's Featherweights are
announced for TUF 28 the only thing i hope that is selected
is true Featherweights since Bantamweights coming up in
weight will not fare very well against Featherweights that
walk north of 175 lbs.

Larissa Pacheco is also at the tryouts.
So is Kaitlin Young but I'm assuming she's with someone else??
Bea Malecki is there as well
Macy Chiasson and Allison Schmidt are there
So are some that are obviously just trying to get in the UFC no matter the weight class, like Zoila Frausto
I seen Zoila flying to Vegas but I thought maybe she was there to help a friend(Total assumption). She is only 6 months post op for an ACL injury. Will she even be ready when taping starts?

Well Amanda Nunes also works for Invicta so it should not be a problem. The talent for 145 is so thin I would not be surprised if Kaitlin actually made it on the show. Only 28 "145ers" showed up. If you minus the people who are not actually 145ers it might be closer to 15 to 18 maybe.

I seen Zoila flying to Vegas but I thought maybe she was there to help a friend(Total assumption). She is only 6 months post op for an ACL injury. Will she even be ready when taping starts?
I mean, I don't think she makes it on regardless of her record, but that's my opinion and it could be terribly wrong lol

Well Amanda Nunes also works for Invicta so it should not be a problem. The talent for 145 is so thin I would not be surprised if Kaitlin actually made it on the show. Only 28 "145ers" showed up. If you minus the people who are not actually 145ers it might be closer to 15 to 18 maybe.
At least two showed up that have made 115 before, Zoila Frausto and Calie Cutler.

If I'm not mistaken Macy Chiasson & Allison Schmidt won't
be eligible do to only having 2 pro fights and the requirements
to qualify were 3 pro fights minimum with a winning record.

I am hoping that when the Women's Featherweights are
announced for TUF 28 the only thing i hope that is selected
is true Featherweights since Bantamweights coming up in
weight will not fare very well against Featherweights that
walk north of 175 lbs.

At least two showed up that have made 115 before, Zoila Frausto and Calie Cutler.

OMG if they actually make this season it is going to be straight up shit show, even by TUF standards. Time for UFC to let Cyborg go and scrab W145. Let Bellator have it.

OMG if they actually make this season it is going to be straight up shit show, even by TUF standards. Time for UFC to let Cyborg go and scrab W145. Let Bellator have it.
Because they had almost 30 people try out I'm assuming they will make it, but I also assume the cast will be basically all bantamweights + Faith Van Duin and probably Zarah Fairn.

Oh shit is that Carina Damm?!

ETA: Yeah I think it's Damm at the far left kneeling. Nice to see Gomes and Pacheco there too!

I think she is just there with Ediane Gomes. I really hope she is just there with Ediane Gomes
Yeah lol it seems like it. She's got her hair down and isn't in gear so I don't think she's trying out.

Also about Zoila: I hope she makes it. She's gonna be tiny fighting some of the bigger fighters but honestly I just hope she makes solely it so she can finally make it to the UFC.

Because they had almost 30 people try out I'm assuming they will make it, but I also assume the cast will be basically all bantamweights + Faith Van Duin and probably Zarah Fairn.
Even with almost 30 people, it’s bottom of the barrel. Likely at least half the cast, if they make it into the UFC at all, will move down to BW.

Interesting that Pannie showed up. I knew she was in Las Vegas but I never put the 2 together.

Back