Official Women's Division Discussion #25

OMG the size difference is crazy in this Lee fight. I seen it during the faceoffs but I attributed it to Lee wearing heels. She still looks huge compared to the other girl in the ring.

OMG the size difference is crazy in this Lee fight. I seen it during the faceoffs but I attributed it to Lee wearing heels. She still looks huge compared to the other girl in the ring.
That's half of Lee's fights.

Well I'd say Lee won, I think the third round sealed the deal for her, she showed some improved striking and lots of good grappling from both. I'd give Yamaguchi the final two rounds.

ETA: Give her someone her actual size next please because the size difference was ridiculous.

Well I'd say Lee won, I think the third round sealed the deal for her, she showed some improved striking and lots of good grappling from both. I'd give Yamaguchi the final two rounds.

ETA: Give her someone her actual size next please because the size difference was ridiculous.
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that to happen, if I were you.

Anyone more deep in the know about Yamaguchi's career care to give us some jewels from her CV? Only seen the two Lee fights myself.

mark-hunt-stefan-struve.jpg

Yamaguchi had the experience and power advantage there, so it was a fair fight. Truth is Yamaguchi at 5'0 is one of the smallest atomweights out there, so yeah ofc Lee looks huge next to her, against Istela Nunes there was no substantial difference in that regard and Lee still finished Nunes, who was undefeated btw and isn't a can by any means.

#AndStill #Undefeated

9d72bcb04f46ad41735ccd6a0ece8f50.png

Beat me to it. I dont think lee is that much bigger than mei, just she's a lot taller. That said, good grief Lee needs to work on her striking defense. And she kept throwing those crappy kicks and getting caught off balance. Wonder how much of that was ring rust or still not being 100% there mentally after her accident.

The good news for Lee is there is nobody in One who beats her, and One sure as heck won't be in a hurry to go out and find someone who can.

Beat me to it. I dont think lee is that much bigger than mei, just she's a lot taller. That said, good grief Lee needs to work on her striking defense. And she kept throwing those crappy kicks and getting caught off balance. Wonder how much of that was ring rust or still not being 100% there mentally after her accident.

The good news for Lee is there is nobody in One who beats her, and One sure as heck won't be in a hurry to go out and find someone who can.
I understand height is not the same as size but no one can really say that they are comparable in size. Mei Yamaguchi fought at 105 before OneFC. Lee will never make 105 and cuts to barely make 115.

every interviewer needs to start asking Lee when she’s gonna step up and face real challengers, where there isn’t such an obvious size or skill advantage, if not both.

Knowing how interviewers approach this sport though, I doubt it happens.

Mei 1: big size advantage.
Huang: big size advantage, and obvious disparity in striking skill.
Nunes: no size advantage this time, but it was obvious that all Angela had to do was get it to the ground to win.
Mei 2: same as Mei 1.

Most hilarious thing? That doofus on YouTube thatk#always riding Cyborg’s dick said a C-level fighter like Yamaguchi had no business fighting an A-level fighter like Lee.

I understand height is not the same as size but no one can really say that they are comparable in size. Mei Yamaguchi fought at 105 before OneFC. Lee will never make 105 and cuts to barely make 115.

Even in the picture you posted Mei's arms are clearly larger/more muscled than Lee's. Even so, I dont mind a size difference when both competitors are the same weight. Which i suppose could be debated what with One's shady closed door weigh ins, but I have no proof so...

Mei 1: big size advantage.
Huang: big size advantage, and obvious disparity in striking skill.
Nunes: no size advantage this time, but it was obvious that all Angela had to do was get it to the ground to win.
Mei 2: same as Mei 1.

I feel like this is just arguing against mma. For instance, you could replace Nunes with Barboza and Lee with Khabib and that point wouldn't change.

Even in the picture you posted Mei's arms are clearly larger/more muscled than Lee's. Even so, I dont mind a size difference when both competitors are the same weight. Which i suppose could be debated what with One's shady closed door weigh ins, but I have no proof so...

I feel like this is just arguing against mma. For instance, you could replace Nunes with Barboza and Lee with Khabib and that point wouldn't change.
More of a knockout threat from 155 lb dudes than 115 lb women, at least.

could Lee make 105 without losing a limb like Mei has her entire career?

I doubt it

Most hilarious thing? That doofus on YouTube thatk#always riding Cyborg’s dick said a C-level fighter like Yamaguchi had no business fighting an A-level fighter like Lee.

Man, just stuff that clown so far down the ignore list that he ceases to exist. His videos don't even show up on the recommended videos list that Youtube has for me. The guy's bought his own hype so bad that his entire channel's a clown fiesta.

I don't mind ONE trying to protect Lee. She's a big star, but also only three years into a fight career (and she doesn't have some long kickboxing/grappling career previously). Some confident puncher with good takedown defense might dust her; she should be brought along slowly.

Still, ONE could protect her at 115. Shady weight situation is garbage for the actual atomweights in the promotion.

Last edited:
Back