Official Women's Division Discussion #25

Mackenzie Dern has signed to InvictaFC - faces Kaline Medeiros at 115 Dec. 8

Mackenzie Dern has signed to InvictaFC - faces Kaline Medeiros at 115 Dec. 8
115? Twenty three days and counting until Dern misses weight.

Here is an article I was reading about Dern's move to Invicta.

20171013__DSC5307.0.jpg

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/11/13/16644992/top-prospect-mackenzie-dern-signs-with-invicta-fc

From article:

"trio of submission finishes"

Dern has two.

On one hand I'd like to see Mackenzie Dern do
well but the other hand says if she can't get her
weight under control she will end up fairing the
same way Pam Sorenson & Miranda Maverick
did with moving up in weight do to missing weight
1 or more times.

if she misses again i'm done, i hope no other promo gives her a 115, too many chances already

By my reckoning the UFC have about 15 available bantams, I'm excluding those who've moved to fly, want to move, are injured, pregnant etc.

So clearly they need to sign some talent. I'll go for Kaufman, Pa'aluhi and Zaira Dyshekova (I'm kind of interested in small ethnic groups, in her case Circassian). Who else, any suggestions?

Baffling that Dern is having another crack at 115 now that 125 is available. She doesn't have the build or discipline for it.

By my reckoning the UFC have about 15 available bantams, I'm excluding those who've moved to fly, want to move, are injured, pregnant etc.

So clearly they need to sign some talent. I'll go for Kaufman, Pa'aluhi and Zaira Dyshekova (I'm kind of interested in small ethnic groups, in her case Circassian). Who else, any suggestions?
Bring back Baszler, lol

With only a 2-0 record, it is probably premature for Yaya Rincon to leave Invicta FC to go to the UFC. But she is a bantamweight who has caught my interest as a teammate of Aspen Ladd at MMAGOLD, a promising talent, and an interesting character. Hopefully she'll have continued success and be UFC-bound eventually.

I like Zarah Dos Santos & Karol Rosa a lot. Need to see Rosa fight someone better than she's been fighting, but seems like she has a somewhat complete skillset.

I would probably sign Nina Loch & Antonina Shevchenko too (despite their mma records, both have a million fights). Would book Shevchenko against another older crossover like Rizlen Zouak on one of Dana's Tuesday Night Looking for a Fight shows.

Korean fighter Hyo Kyung Song returns after a 3 year absence in Angel's Fighting 5 later this month. Angel's fighting is a rather unique organization that has both mma and kickboxing events in a cage, and it's run as some kind of charity drive. VIP seats sit at tables and get dinner.

Angle's Fighting 5: Hyo Kyung Song (1-5 Korea) vs. Mikiko Hiyama (0-3 Japan)

Neither is any good, but Song is noteworthy for being the best looking female fighter (IMO) out of Korea.

Neither is any good, but Song is noteworthy for being the best looking female fighter (IMO) out of Korea.

I remember Song, probably almost 100%, because of Emi Fujino referring to her as "tits" on social media.

I like Zarah Dos Santos & Karol Rosa a lot. Need to see Rosa fight someone better than she's been fighting, but seems like she has a somewhat complete skillset.

I would probably sign Nina Loch & Antonina Shevchenko too (despite their mma records, both have a million fights). Would book Shevchenko against another older crossover like Rizlen Zouak on one of Dana's Tuesday Night Looking for a Fight shows.

Before the signing of Shevchenko, I want to see her fight Jorina Baars.

Before the signing of Shevchenko, I want to see her fight Jorina Baars.

I'm sure Bellator reached out to her when they signed Baars. I've always had the impression that Antonina is not the big game hunter that Valentina is. She'd been around the circuits where Kitchen/Kelly/Jindrova/Nakamoto/GDR/Baars fought, but always seemed to avoid them (I don't mean she's ducking fights; I wouldn't have fought 2009 GDR for less than 2k and a ribbon either).

Last edited:
I'm sure Bellator reached out to her when they signed Baars. I've always had the impression that Antonina is not the big game hunter that Valentina is. She'd been around the circuits where Kitchen/Kelly/Jindrova/Nakamoto/GDR/Baars fought, but always seemed to avoid them (I don't mean she's ducking fights; I wouldn't have fought 2009 GDR for less than 2k and a ribbon either).

Yeah, she just does not seem as hungry as Val.

Back