Official Women's Division Discussion #25

MMA camps seem to resemble pick up basketball at a local park. I question the credentials of most coaches.

Are there certain camps/gyms which seem to have all of their ducks in a row? Or, is it often left up to the individual fighter and who they choose to work with? I'm always surprised when I hear about fighters travelling all over to work with specific coaches on certain skills. Seems like it might compromise the consistency and make it harder to "tie it all together." That is purely speculation as I know nothing about training as a fighter.

Are there certain camps/gyms which seem to have all of their ducks in a row? Or, is it often left up to the individual fighter and who they choose to work with? I'm always surprised when I hear about fighters travelling all over to work with specific coaches on certain skills. Seems like it might compromise the consistency and make it harder to "tie it all together." That is purely speculation as I know nothing about training as a fighter.

No, not really. In terms of coach athlete relationship/development it is hard to beat Hume/MM as Johnson continues to progress in skill despite being the champ. But most camps seem to have issues in certain areas, such as AKA and KingsMMA turning out fighters with good offense but shit striking defense, etc.

Thought I read she has a fight in May lined up. I always wanted to see her and Montenegro in a rematch. Maybe settle the madness from their first outing.

I thought she beat Montenegro at a grappling event. someone with a better memory help me out. ;)

Would like to see Haga again.

Thought I read she has a fight in May lined up. I always wanted to see her and Montenegro in a rematch. Maybe settle the madness from their first outing.

I thought she beat Montenegro at a grappling event. someone with a better memory help me out. ;)

Would like to see Haga again.

Well I just saw that JacksonWink was looking for an opponent for a 10-14 Strawweight for their upcoming JacksonWink Fight Night 3 card on June 2nd so expect to see her on that if they can find her an opponent.

I believe the biggest challenge for MMA gyms is getting top coaches from the various individual disciplines. In the US, collegiate wrestlers are finding jobs in MMA gyms or they fight. But not as many quality coaches from other sports may not be leaving their respective gyms for MMA just yet.

I've never seen a boring Fujino scrap. Jacobson isn't always full of action, though.

Neat fact: to my knowledge, Fujino is the only MMA fighter to have a entrance song custom written for her.

Hitomi Akano sung her own entrance song (actually have a copy of it somewhere). Believe there are several Japanese fighters that have their own themes. Not sure if King Reina got an original song from the live band she had at Rizin.

Although not written for her, Joanna Not Champion starred in the video for her entrance song.

Past weekend results are posted.

https://wombatsports.wordpress.com/upcoming-fights/

Of note:
  • Brazilian Strawweight Luana Pinheiro (6-1) has not lost since her debut. Picks up her 6th straight win over the weekend - all wins by submission
  • Kazakhstani Featherweight Zamzagul Fayzallanova (5-1) picks up her 5th professional win over the weekend.
  • Amateur strawweight prospect Valerie Wong (5-1-1) picks up her 5th victory this week.

Cindy is a very nice person but does she really not understand why she was cut? All she has to do is work on her striking enough so she is not embarrassingly bad at it. I would tell her this but I can already see myself getting blocked because she will say I am a hater or something. What are her handlers telling her? are they not mentioning how poor her striking is? This just reinforces that you guys were correct when yall said some MMA coaches and handlers are extremely bad.

I am a Miesha Tate fan but how has she not explained this to Cindy? Miesha was never as bad as Cindy is now but she even knew she had to improve and it helped her enough to survive striking with Holm until the opportunity for the choke presented itself. Look at Roxy she was in a similar enough situation. Her striking still looks awkward at times but she improved it a great deal and now she is out striking a good number of her opponents. She looked at her faults and fixed them instead of making these kind of posts on social media.

Her stand up was awful. But was good enough to continually get Davis to the ground. It was a unanimous 29-28. She wasn't dominated as some fighters have been.
Davis is a decent fighter IMO. The crowd was for Cindy though I suppose she didn't do enough with her top position.

Roxy was on a 6 fight skid when she was cut.

Seriously. They are giving CM Punk another fight. CM ******* Punk! And to make that work they are having to hire another 0-1 guy so as not to embarrass him too much.
I'd rather watch Cindy than that.

Her stand up was awful. But was good enough to continually get Davis to the ground. It was a unanimous 29-28. She wasn't dominated as some fighters have been.
Davis is a decent fighter IMO. The crowd was for Cindy though I suppose she didn't do enough with her top position.

Roxy was on a 6 fight skid when she was cut.

Seriously. They are giving CM Punk another fight. CM ******* Punk! And to make that work they are having to hire another 0-1 guy so as not to embarrass him too much.
I'd rather watch Cindy than that.
When Cindy can sell almost a half a million PPV buys then we can compare her to CM Punk. I know CM Punk is trash but he brings in the money so he is held to a different standard by the UFC. I am sorry but there is no defending this level of striking. Again, I actually like her but her post is making it seem like she has no idea why she is not getting the opportunities that other girls are getting despite having some good wins on her record. I thought it was pretty obvious why.

When Cindy can sell almost a half a million PPV buys then we can compare her to CM Punk. I know CM Punk is trash but he brings in the money so he is held to a different standard by the UFC. I am sorry but there is no defending this level of striking. Again, I actually like her but her post is making it seem like she has no idea why she is not getting the opportunities that other girls are getting despite having some good wins on her record. I thought it was pretty obvious why.

I am sure that the Rock would do more PPV buys than CM Punk. Though I suppose they couldn't afford him. He could fight Brock Lesnar. Cindy could fight CM Punk the same night.

Terrible stand up for sure. If Davis had been able to stuff the takedowns I'd take your point. But she couldn't. Cindy only needs stand up to set up the takedowns and she took Davis down over and over.

Your video conveniently hides the fact that it only took 14 seconds to get Davis on her back.
LOL. Cut at 13 seconds.

Last edited:
Hitomi Akano sung her own entrance song (actually have a copy of it somewhere). Believe there are several Japanese fighters that have their own themes. Not sure if King Reina got an original song from the live band she had at Rizin.

Although not written for her, Joanna Not Champion starred in the video for her entrance song.

Ex-Entrance song.

This past fight was the first time she hasn't walked out to it. I'm not happy about that. Oh well.

I kinda like Cindy's dogshit striking.... it reminds me of the early days.

But Rizz hit the nail on the head that SOMEONE needed to get into her head and let her know. I know she dosen't like to strike, and thats fine. It doesn't even have to be good, it just needs to be presentable.

I kinda like Cindy's dogshit striking.... it reminds me of the early days.

But Rizz hit the nail on the head that SOMEONE needed to get into her head and let her know. I know she dosen't like to strike, and thats fine. It doesn't even have to be good, it just needs to be presentable.
Exactly! 145 is the easiest division for a quick 130 thousand dollar payday when they would normally be on a 10k/10k. If you can't even improve your striking enough to make it presentable so you can make the easy money then there is no one else to blame but yourself.

Combats Americas is supposed to have two fights this weekend.

Melissa Martinez (3-0) takes on Frnacis Hernandez (2-2) at Strawweight, while Irene Rivera is supposed to fight as well, although no opponent has been named.

Combate was fun to watch back when it was on Fight Pass, but when they chose a tv deal on Univision and other Spanish networks instead, I can't be bothered to keep up with them anymore. I'm not paying extra for a network for one show.

Also, their blatant favoritism of Kyra Batara no matter how many times she misses weight doesn't make them look good, either.

Cindy is a very nice person but does she really not understand why she was cut? All she has to do is work on her striking enough so she is not embarrassingly bad at it. I would tell her this but I can already see myself getting blocked because she will say I am a hater or something. What are her handlers telling her? are they not mentioning how poor her striking is? This just reinforces that you guys were correct when yall said some MMA coaches and handlers are extremely bad.

I am a Miesha Tate fan but how has she not explained this to Cindy? Miesha was never as bad as Cindy is now but she even knew she had to improve and it helped her enough to survive striking with Holm until the opportunity for the choke presented itself. Look at Roxy she was in a similar enough situation. Her striking still looks awkward at times but she improved it a great deal and now she is out striking a good number of her opponents. She looked at her faults and fixed them instead of making these kind of posts on social media.

Thing is that I'm sure she's told she's the best, that team has that way of working, pure hype. When they face superior fighters, they got completely exposed.

That's how she got a UFC contract, as a favor to Tate, and Dana got exposed pretty bad for that. Cindy's fight was laughable and atrocious.
Let's remember Tate sucks as a coach, 'just coast' is still in memory of many, lmao!

We have to admit some people would never be good enough to be UFC level. Roxy improved a lot, but she's far from good. Kudos to her on her improvement, but I don't see Cindy improving at all, she's on a downhill since her failed UFC fight. And her and her team are now believing they're some kind of majestic gods and goddess that won't ever admit their failures, and there's no growing with that attitude .

Combats Americas is supposed to have two fights this weekend.

Melissa Martinez (3-0) takes on Frnacis Hernandez (2-2) at Strawweight, while Irene Rivera is supposed to fight as well, although no opponent has been named.

Combate was fun to watch back when it was on Fight Pass, but when they chose a tv deal on Univision and other Spanish networks instead, I can't be bothered to keep up with them anymore. I'm not paying extra for a network for one show.

Also, their blatant favoritism of Kyra Batara no matter how many times she misses weight doesn't make them look good, either.

I gotta admit Combate is my guilty pleasure. Their fights don't have much technique but man they are CRAZY. I don't understand Spanish so I can actually leave the volume up on the TV also. I do agree with you on Kyra though. If she misses weight more than she makes it why not just go up to 115.

A small part of a crazy fight they had their last show.

Back