Official Women's Division Discussion #25

Talk to Shannon yup this amateur bout will be the first under the Invicta banner. It was a last minute add to give back to the community & the commission. It is possible they will do in the future.

Oh and Jen Howe will be here

Is it just me or does Larissa Pacheco look a bit sunken in at 145?

Larissa's at 145 now?
That's...unexpected, she wasn't even a big 135 but I guess she's still young enough that she might've grown a bit since she was in the UFC.

Going to be interviewing the champ Ilima-Lei tonight or tomorrow if you have any questions

Fyi Laura Sanko is back doing to in cage interviews tomorrow

I just realized Bennett is fighting in her hometown. I guess that's why she was chubby at the weigh ins. She "should" have 0 problems making 115.

i see invicta finally has an online store, about 2 or 3 years after fans were asking for one, great business timing there., how hard is it to print up some t shirts and get a webpage setup.

My Invicta Phoenix logo T-shirt had gotten somewhat the worse for wear over the years, so I was glad to finally be able to order another one.

I just realized Bennett is fighting in her hometown. I guess that's why she was chubby at the weigh ins. She "should" have 0 problems making 115.

She's with Mark Henry. They seem to have a girls team going there now. Should be more professional.

Interesting. I was afraid they weren't going to give her a chance that soon but i guess they realized Lipski is much better than most of the UFC top 10, no shame in losing a close fight to her.

942c4908a6ae9a004200af30c85cfade.png

<1>

<Prem973>

Last edited:
i see invicta finally has an online store, about 2 or 3 years after fans were asking for one, great business timing there., how hard is it to print up some t shirts and get a webpage setup.

They had one in their first year or two. I bought a t-shirt from them.

The biggest surprise from Invicta weigh ins this morning
was the fact that Kali Robbins made weight at 115.4 lbs
when she only needed 116 lbs.

The biggest surprise to me watching the video was that there is a "card boy" on the "card team".

Interesting that Pearl won fight of a night after she liked to push people against the cage a majority of her tenure in the UFC. I did not expect to but I really enjoyed her fight. It is amazing how she looks like a much better fighter when she employs a better strategy than stalling a fight or continually fighting for a takedown she has no chance of getting.

Pearl had a lot of really nice reversals. There was one where she baited her opponent to step over for what seemed like an easy full mount. She then caught and lifted her opponents leg mid step and flipped her over. I REALLY liked that specific reversal a lot. It was a nice contrast from her tenure in the UFC. In the UFC she seemed too risk averse and it ended up getting her cut. This fight she took risks that mostly ended up working out in her favor.

Larissa Pacheco comes back after 3 years, last fight was UFC 185 and she's still only 23

Interesting that Pearl won fight of a night after she liked to push people against the cage a majority of her tenure in the UFC. I did not expect to but I really enjoyed her fight. It is amazing how she looks like a much better fighter when she employs a better strategy than stalling a fight or continually fighting for a takedown she has no chance of getting.

Pearl had a lot of really nice reversals. There was one where she baited her opponent to step over for what seemed like an easy full mount. She then caught and lifted her opponents leg mid step and flipped her over. I REALLY liked that specific reversal a lot. It was a nice contrast from her tenure in the UFC. In the UFC she seemed too risk averse and it ended up getting her cut. This fight she took risks that mostly ended up working out in her favor.

I was rooting for Kali, so I was a bit disappointed (theme of the night apparently) but Pearl fought really well. Just proves that UFC fights are shit.... haha.

Seriously though, hopefully she continues to improve, and UFC will start sending more fighters to Invicta for seasoning and improvement like Angela Hill. It helps everybody involved, as we've seen on multiple occasions.

I'd like to fast forward to Invicta 29 now.

Back