Official Women's Division Discussion #25

i see invicta finally has an online store, about 2 or 3 years after fans were asking for one, great business timing there., how hard is it to print up some t shirts and get a webpage setup.

The article boils down to "without historical lineage title belts are only ever promotional tools." I'd say the reality is - given half a pound here and a 3 round fight there - the lineal Invicta champ is the current UFC beltholder ....... with the exception of atom of course:

Cyborg
Murphy - McMann - Tate - Nunes
Honchak - Nicco
Esparza - Joanna - Rose

So lineal Invicta champs has never been a thing and being a promotional tool is just fine. Sure the belt is just going to be a passport to the UFC except now we're seeing two way traffic with girls who haven't cut it being relegated back to Invicta. Who knows, we might get a situation where Dudieva or Bennett end up Invicta champ and the UFC say no thanks and we get a little continuity.

I feel like the biggest part of the talent purge should be behind us now.... Now its time to let the UFC and Bellator divisions play themselves out, and use their own fighters when they need a replacement rather then just invading Invicta for their next up and coming fighter.

If they just let things play out naturally a little bit things will be fine. UFC needs to let Invicta restock itself and build fighters up now. The UFC should even cut (or just talent-share) some of the borderline fighters and let them regroup and improve in Invicta (like Roxy and Angela Hill)

If fat fucking face Dana keeps raiding the shelves for every Grasso, Dern, and Kunitskaya that comes along without letting the talent develop it hurts everybody.

i see invicta finally has an online store, about 2 or 3 years after fans were asking for one, great business timing there., how hard is it to print up some t shirts and get a webpage setup.
They had merchandise when they first came on the scene, then ended it abruptly, with no reason given.

There's at least one fighter I feel was called up too early, and definitely should have been allowed to take a fight or two at Invicta before being brought up. Instead, UFC called her up as a late replacement as soon as she signed with them:

chanmi-jeon-of-south-korea-poses-for-a-portrait-during-a-ufc-photo-picture-id693555248

UFC Needing a late replacement will always have an affect on Invicta's roster, because anytime they need a female fighter on short notice, they can just make a call to Knapp or Young, who has no shortage of ladies who won't turn down a shot at the big show and a guaranteed $12k minimum payday.

There's at least one fighter I feel was called up too early, and definitely should have been allowed to take a fight or two at Invicta before being brought up. Instead, UFC called her up as a late replacement as soon as she signed with them:

chanmi-jeon-of-south-korea-poses-for-a-portrait-during-a-ufc-photo-picture-id693555248

UFC Needing a late replacement will always have an affect on Invicta's roster, because anytime they need a female fighter on short notice, they can just make a call to Knapp or Young, who has no shortage of ladies who won't turn down a shot at the big show and a guaranteed $12k minimum payday.
Is she the chick who fought Syuri and Aldrich ?

I know that Claudia Gadelha vs Carla Esparza could end
up being the main event for UFC 225 in Chicago if the
scale ends up working against Yoel Romero where he can't
make 185 or less.

Thats because my girlfriend doesn't care about being ready, she only cares about fighting..and i love her for it.

The former "high school fighter" working on those gains.

I mean, it went so well for the UFC during the Reebok roll out . . . .

:)

I'm willing to shell out 30 bucks for a hat, but I need a better one then that, Julie.

I also know you're not in charge of Invicta hats, and you probally won't read this..... just in case you do.

P.S.
Call me.

Invicta FC 28: Mizuki vs. Jandiroba Weigh-in Results
  • Mizuki Inoue (113.9) vs. Virna Jandiroba (115)
  • DeAnna Bennett (127.9)* vs. Karina Rodriguez (125.2)
  • Milana Dudieva (125.9) vs. Christina Marks (124.8)
  • Kali Robbins (115.4) vs. Pearl Gonzalez (115.9)
  • Minna Grusander (105.8) vs. Fernanda Priscila (105.9)
  • Kal Schwartz (115.6) vs. Kay Hansen (115.3)
  • Kerri Kenneson (135.7) vs. Chelsea Chandler (135.7)
  • Jillian DeCoursey (106) vs. Rebekah LeVine (104.9)
  • Tracy Cortez (124.7) vs. Kaytlin Neil (125.5)
* – Bennett was fined 25 percent of her fight purse for missing weight

Deanna Bennett, the Johny Hendricks of WMMA

And she's not a big 125er, she's just unprofessional asf. I hope Rodriguez smashes her, btw who you guys have in that fight?

Fyi there is an amateur card going on right before the Invicta event. I assume it won't be streamed but I believe there will be several female bouts. I know one of those fighters missed weight. I should have the matches and will be tweeting results.

Is it just me or does Larissa Pacheco look a bit sunken in at 145?

The biggest surprise from Invicta weigh ins this morning
was the fact that Kali Robbins made weight at 115.4 lbs
when she only needed 116 lbs.

Back