Official Women's Division Discussion #25

One of Amanda Cooper's training partners, Alesha Zappitella (3-0 1NC) has signed with Invicta and will be making her debut in the next couple months. She calls out Alyse Anderson who used to train with Alesha at Scorpion Fighting System but now trains at rival gym Michigan Top Team. That would be a great fight if they put it together. For those who don't know Alesha, she's one of the best Atomweights in the world that has yet to sign with a major promotion (until now). She's been fighting up weight classes and even won the Kunlun Fight Flyweight Championship last year. She's also a great wrestler for the division and made it to the Last Chance Olympic Qualifiers and did very well before being defeated by Bronze Medal winner Clarissa Chun in 2016. She could end up being a Title Contender at 105 in the next year if she stays active.

If they don’t have Ketlen fight again before a titleshot, then I would assume Reneau vs DeRandamie could be a title eliminator of sorts down the road.

As far as I'm concerned, DeRandamie already lost her title eliminator.

For the rest of time.

ONE signed Korean kickboxer So Yul Kim.

I think she's part of the "ONE Warrior Series", but still not completely sure what that means.

Why did the bell go off when the round wasn’t finished?

Found the entire fight.

Starts at 46:54

People in the crowd were blowing horns so I think that's what it was. Looks like the fighter was super pissed off about almost being arm barred. Wish I could find a write-up of it, but the full video gives it more context.

Can you click where it says 'Watch on Facebook'?

This is what I see:

IDU4RmL.png

I'm guessing it's because of my location.

This is what I see:

IDU4RmL.png

I'm guessing it's because of my location.

Yeah, must be. Oh well. Just kind of a weird fight. It's part of some team kind of tournament and everyone looked pretty heated up about it all lol.

Yeah, must be. Oh well. Just kind of a weird fight. It's part of some team kind of tournament and everyone looked pretty heated up about it all lol.

I was initially excited about this tournament (why!?! it's SFL), the best fighter in the region Asha Roka was going to be matched up against a bunch of Brazilians, but Roka injured her hand; so it just devolved into a bunch of giant weight cutting Brazilians squashing terrible/tiny local fighters.

I think she's part of the "ONE Warrior Series", but still not completely sure what that means.

I could be reading these translated posts wrong, but it sounds like there's going to be a 16 person atomweight rookie tournament that's going to take place over 8 months. Not entirely sure of details; if the fights are going to be filmed separately for the webseries, be on ONE undercards, or hosted by other promotions.

I was initially excited about this tournament (why!?! it's SFL), the best fighter in the region Asha Roka was going to be matched up against a bunch of Brazilians, but Roka injured her hand; so it just devolved into a bunch of giant weight cutting Brazilians squashing terrible/tiny local fighters.

Thanks. That further explains the context. Yeah it was strange. Weight cuts & mismatches along with team competition probably heightened their frustrations. Most of the fighters looked pissed off. Not much of the 'hug it out with your opponent afterwards' stuff we usually see in other tournaments.

Some more kickbox stuff-

Might not see Loma Lookboonmee back in Invicta until after summer, she'll be competing at IFMA in Mexico in May. Hopefully streams are better this year (seriously how did you forget to record one of the Vinnikova twins beating Antonina?!!?).

------------------------------------------

Rebekah Irwin's fight last night in Chiangmai. Highschool student from Texas, who other than Van Soest might be the best Thai boxer in the US right now. 2x Jr. IFMA gold medalist, and just picked up another title. There's old footage of her on youtube in grappling tournaments, and I'm positive she is someone that Kaitlin Young is looking to have fight for Invicta eventually.
2:22:48 in for her fight, it's the main event against Nong Biew a fighter with much more experience that had beat Irwin previously.

Highlights of Irwin.

If we are doing the occasional women's kickboxing post here, Sylvie just reached the 200th fight mark for Muay Thai fights in Thailand. Congrats Sylvie!

If we are doing the occasional women's kickboxing post here, Sylvie just reached the 200th fight mark for Muay Thai fights in Thailand. Congrats Sylvie!

I try to post mostly kickboxing stuff related to MMA in some way, but nobody cares at all about women's kickboxing in the kickboxing forum. So ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ might as well post what is interesting here.

Ronda has finally been removed from the UFC rankings.

she had dropped to 13th but two idiots still had her as #2 and #3 in their rankings.. shes now been zapped

@thatdude21601 i don't mind at all, please continue updating us about women's kickboxing, specially the ones that could be interested in coming to MMA soon

Love this fight, i have Mazany by DEC, should be a fun one

Also:

It seems someone is reading our suggestions :D
I don't care at all about this fight, was looking forward to LRS debut though.

Bantamweight Julija Stoliarenko got a flying (flopping) armbar win yesterday after being hurt. She has a whatever record, but is an interesting fighter despite it. She's a Roger Gracie brown belt, and somebody I'd like to see Invicta give a shot.

She's 2-2 with a couple of draws, and with those early career losses being to Pudilova/Niedzwiez. Also went 4-0 in the lady version of Ganryujima (Moat fighting)...

She even fought Lethwei for some reason (Myanmar kickboxing rules; basically gloveless kickboxing with headbutts).

She's everywhere.

Back