Official Women's Division Discussion #25

Sheeeeeiit. If PVZ wants to talk her way into deep waters, I have no problem with that. Perhaps she's a closet masochist and just wants to get wailed on.

Bellator 187: Sinead Kavanagh missed weight (143.8) for her 140 pound catchweight bout against Maria Casanova (who weighed in at 137.8). Fight will still go on.
-----
Interesting matchup between Vieira and de Randamie, hope Ketlen takes it.

Would donate organs to see this:

In response to:

Jesus, I thought that PVZ post was some sort of joke or hoax :confused: I like PVZ and wish her well in all her endeavors but she's cruising for a bruising messing around with the top end of 125.

Valentina's right to put her back in her box.

Paige is a game lass, the weight, class difference should obviously be too much but Val is clinical rather than brutal. Will be disappointed if Paige doesn't respond positively to this call out. If she's been promised a title shot already ......... well I don't know what to say.

Exciting times for wmma over the next few months.

Bellator 187: Sinead Kavanagh missed weight (143.8) for her 140 pound catchweight bout against Maria Casanova (who weighed in at 137.8). Fight will still go on.
-----
Interesting matchup between Vieira and de Randamie, hope Ketlen takes it.

It looks like Bellator went looking for a fighter that the hometown girl could beat. Sherdog lists Maria Casanova as a 125 pounder, although it looks like she fights at 135 based on her opponents (although the next to the last one is listed 120 pounds). Her record is 3-5-1.

I'm almost sure these two fights will define the next contenders to the strawwight belt for Invicta FC.

Mizuki vs Janaisa Morandin
Amy Montenegro vs Virna Jandiroba

Really cannot go to the TUF forums, as I follow it from Fight Pass instead of live, but "this week's" ep with Honchak vs. Gillian Robertson made me think that Robertson has some potential - she put up a very valiant fight (on the ground) against Barb and even in loss, I guess if she sticks around and develops, she could become pretty decent.

In other news. Local horribly grey and soggy morning improved by Alexa Grasso.

Road FC 44: Emi Fujino defeats Aline Sattlemeyer by split decision
WeChat%2BImage_20171111200545.jpg

22519328_1615668751789479_2517301509989916881_n.jpg

It appears Jozette Cotton (7-1) has been taking her fitness more seriously. After spending her entire career at Lighweight and above, she's making the cut to Featherweight to fight Jennifer Leigh Norris (3-1) for the DCS Featherweight title. Cotton has stated she would like to fight Cyborg in the future and she's one of the only fighters at that weight that has a decent record to back it up. Norris has been fighting in Asia and living in Singapore but is originally from Maryland. She's also fought at Bantamweight in the past so she might be a bit undersized for Cotton.

Last edited:
With Raquel Pennington out due to broken leg, are they still looking for a challenger for Amanda Nunes December 30?

Back