Official Women's Division Discussion #25

only 1 opponent i wanna see Dern against if it's not Alex Chambers (Dern herself suggested that one)

41a12a8491e8dd2f8950faf1a17ce0ae.png

Alex Chambers (Dern herself suggested that one)

Really?

I dig Astrogirl, a lot. But Dern suggesting a fight with the lowest ranked (pretty much), pretty much the smallest 115 pounder - who is probably quite close to retirement agewise - in the whole organization....

@Eater of Souls I think I once said I don't care about Dern continuously missing weight cause she's got T&A. I was wrong. Scre her, she's in the Black Book of Cyborg and Such for me from now on.

Dern vs Chambers is a terrible fight, although I wouldn’t put it past the UFC.

I think the UFC strategy for Dern is to match her with any wrestler not called Suarez, problem is who exactly. That's why I think the likes of Calvillo or even Esparza are not far-fetched opponents, while lesser names with better striking are more problematic. What she really needs though is to go away for a while and learn takedowns and some basic boxing, oh and conditioning and no cake.

I think the UFC strategy for Dern is to match her with any wrestler not called Suarez, problem is who exactly. That's why I think the likes of Calvillo or even Esparza are not far-fetched opponents, while lesser names with better striking are more problematic. What she really needs though is to go away for a while and learn takedowns and some basic boxing, oh and conditioning and no cake.
Dern is no where near ready for Esparza or Calvillo. They're both very good.

Dern is no where near ready for Esparza or Calvillo. They're both very good.

What makes them excel is the ground and that's Dern's area of expertise, her problem is getting there. On the feet there are worse options.

I think both have good enough grappling to keep it on the feet, which means a bad day for Dern.

I think an ideal opponent would be Polyana Viana, but I think they'll just give her opponents like Chambers, Chan etc.

Really?

I dig Astrogirl, a lot. But Dern suggesting a fight with the lowest ranked (pretty much), pretty much the smallest 115 pounder - who is probably quite close to retirement agewise - in the whole organization....

I think I once said I don't care about Dern continuously missing weight cause she's got T&A. I was wrong. Scre her, she's in the Black Book of Cyborg and Such for me from now on.
Well even tho Dern will be bigger, experience will be on Chambers side. Dern is clearly not ready to UFC-level girls so yeah i don't have any problem with her asking for the easier opponents in the organization, at the end of the day these fighters needs opponents too, right? Chambers probably wants a fight she can win and Dern is one of the few i'd give her good chances against

About her weight.. she didn't miss weight in the last fights so not sure why you are holding that against her, she could've learn from her mistakes and become professional, maybe? She was 23 years old when she missed bro, move on.
Dern vs Chambers is a terrible fight, although I wouldn’t put it past the UFC.
Nah it will be a fun fight, maybe not very technical, but should be a good fight, eventually going to the ground and with some fun scrambles
I instantly root against any woman who bleaches their hair blond. Go "natural" Dern!
I give a pass to her, i found it cute in asians tbh

I kind of like Angela Hill vs Dern. It would honor the tradition of rushing a prospect into somebody who was previously rushed by UFC matchmaking.

I kind of like Angela Hill vs Dern. It would honor the tradition of rushing a prospect into somebody who was previously rushed by UFC matchmaking.

I like that matchup. Unlike Yoder, Hill can actually hit hard enough to knock Dern loopy if she continues to rush in carelessly, yet she's still sloppy enough that Dern will have chances to get her on the ground. If she gets past Hill the UFC can start moving her through the ranked fighters in the division.

I'd give her Esquibel, Jeon, Chambers or Stevenson. Someone in that level.

I like that matchup. Unlike Yoder, Hill can actually hit hard enough to knock Dern loopy if she continues to rush in carelessly, yet she's still sloppy enough that Dern will have chances to get her on the ground. If she gets past Hill the UFC can start moving her through the ranked fighters in the division.
Wtf Dern is not ready for anyone ranked, she knows that, her team does..

She can develop her skills in UFC, let's see that happening instead, i hope they let her go 3-0 or 4-0 before a legit top 15..

It didn't really rise to the level of a call out. Someone asked about potential opponents she might like to fight & she mentioned Chambers.

Ah, ok. I deliberately do not listen to her. Her variable accent thing drives me batshit. My wife as well, and she is from Brazil.

She was 23 years old when she missed bro, move on.

I don't mind the weight at all, like I said, she got a free pass for that due to T&A.

But now she's conniving to get a Chambers fight, obviously due to low ranking, small size and out-of-prime age. Which puts Dern into my black book usually reserved for a) Cyborg b) singletwearing wrestlesalots and c) whoever happens to rob Seo Hee Ham in Australia.

I don't mind the weight at all, like I said, she got a free pass for that due to T&A.

But now she's conniving to get a Chambers fight, obviously due to low ranking, small size and out-of-prime age. Which puts Dern into my black book usually reserved for a) Cyborg b) singletwearing wrestlesalots and c) whoever happens to rob Seo Hee Ham in Australia.
Fine, i can respect that, but i also don't think that's a one sided match up, i really see them at the same lv, should be a good one if it happens. Dern isn't a big 115er either, she's just.. well built :rolleyes::p

I'd give her Esquibel, Jeon, Chambers or Stevenson. Someone in that level.

Wtf Dern is not ready for anyone ranked, she knows that, her team does..

She can develop her skills in UFC, let's see that happening instead, i hope they let her go 3-0 or 4-0 before a legit top 15..

Any of those matchups seem like good ones. Smart being aware of who you have a decent shot against and not rushing into fighting higher ranked opponents, even after a win. The fighter & team have the best sense of who it may be if they're realistic and thinking of a long term career.

Back