Official Women's Division Discussion #25

Interesting. I agree FLW has surpassed BW, and there's still some talent left to debut in UFC like Maia, KGB, Kuma, Lipski, Nakai (at least in her weight class), maybe Weili Zhang if she chooses to fight at FLW etc

UFC should invest more at Bantamweight. Do some global scouting and bring 4-6 new fighters, at least.

No clue what he mean by category score. Does he mean number of fights? I actually have number of fights since 2009 in weight classes. Even when bantamweight was on top in the UFC, there were more flyweight bouts. It was when strawweight came that it became number one over 125.

Well yeah I guess one could say Rincon needs to get a couple more fights under her belt but I'd take Pa'aluhi for the sake of depth. She could very well be a low top ten fighter in my opinion. I'd agree with you about Kianzad also.

I get the whole "global scout" idea. Hence why I brought up the Eastern European and African scenes. I just think some of the fighters I have in mind need some time, and their records are only made up of 2-3 fights so I'd like to see them get some experience before making such a big move. They should really dig into the Brazilian regional scene, I doubt they had any idea Vieira would end up where she is now when they first signed her. I'd like to see them pick up Karolline Rosa (she's fighting Larissa Pacheco this month) and maybe Gisele Moreira.

I also didn't know Santos became a mom so congrats to her! (I guess that's why she was out for so long). Hope we see her back in the cage soon!

I'm sure the UFC have already contacted some of the fighters we all want to see in the octagon. I was reading a Lipski interview a few days back and she mentioned how the UFC got in touch with her twice and how she's stuck between re-signing with KSW (she has one fight on her current contract with them left) and signing with the UFC. I guess the better offer will be the one she goes for. I would not be surprised if they've contacted some of the FNG fighters or Zhang already.
At 135, I'd like to see them grab up some fighters for the sake of depth. I tend to divide 135 into categories when scouting on my own for it.

Personally, I think they should focus on signing "filler" talent right now. So, experienced regional fighters, who because of age, skill level, or mileage don't have the brightest futures.. but aren't bad fighters, and they all have a sense of identity as a fighter. Sarah Kaufman, Maiju Suotama, Marciea Allen, & Gisele Moreira all fit right into this category.. these are the women who I think should be signed immediately, with the caveat none will develop into stars. They're tools to keep the division moving forward, and helpful to signed prospects and the women in the next category. (In spoiler)

Then focus of contacting and watching your best, or elite prospects. In this category, I place women with decorated backgrounds, proven skill sets, and or women with great physical tools. Examples would be, Julia Avila Katharina Lehner, Karol Rosa, Yaya Rincon, Morgane Ribout, Rizlen Zouak, Liana Jojua, Marina Mokhnatkina, Aygul Khabirova, & Antonina Schevchenko. Generally speaking, most of the women here are 6 months - 2 years away from the UFC. (Avila & Schevchnko being closer to 6mos, Jojua, Rosa, and Lehner looking like 12mos, and the rest looking like 18-24mos) They should be allotted the time to develop as such. As 135 is shallow in the UFC, I think it's best to allow these women to be as seasoned as possible, so you don't kill your future stars momentum too early into a tenure.

In the middle of good prospect vs average prospect, there's a sub category for unknowns. I keep women like Taila Santos, Mayana Kellen, Luana Carolina, & Duda Cowboyzinha. Often I only use the category on the Brazilian scene, it's for women with good & long-ish records, but they're full of no meaningful wins, and footage is non existent.. so it's impossible to know where they stand.

Next, you have fighters who still have futures, but don't show the potential of their peers, due to skill gaps, a lack of physical ability, or poor coaching. These are great short notice replacement fighters for the UFC, great gatekeepers for places like Invicta and LFA. Examples are: Zarah Dos Santos, Elizabeth Phillips, Cindy Dandois, Shanna Young, Alexa Conners, Raquel Pa'aluhi, Pannie Kianzad, Larissa Pacheco, & Katarzyna Sadura.

Then there are regional gatekeepers, women who are the test someone passes or fails when they're proving if they're a prospect or not. (They're also great for places like Invicta or LFA to use in the building of prospects) So people like Suvi Salmimes, Alexandra de Cassia, Carina Damm, Mariah Prussia, Rosy Duarte, Eeva Siskonen, Rhiannon Thomson, Brenda Gonzalez, & Calie Cutler. Basically I use this category to see if someone has any potential at all, it's actually a useful tool, and often a fairly accurate measuring stick.

There's also a ton of decent amateur fighters and recent pro debutees. Chelsea McCoy, Lisa Spangler, Lauren Bensinger, Jessica Borga, Gillian Noll, & Jamie Herrington round out the ammys. As for recent pro debuts.. Audrey Drew, Norma Dumont, Sarah Kleczka, Sarah Howell Shamir Peshewa, Rimma Golubeva, & Ksenia Stepanova are all fine examples.

Part 3 is finally finished, yinz:

I think it may be interesting for you guys as I just found it online.

Ariane Lipski in a recent post-fight media scrum said she wants to fight Niedzwiedz. Agnieszka's manager twitted asking fans about it and call it an easy fight. I think both have contracts somewhere else and it looks more like a hype steal attempt as Lipski may be more popular here in Poland. What do you think guys? Here is an article I found. I would watch but I doubt it's even real option.

https://mma.pl/menadzer-agnieszki-niedzwiedz-lipski-mi-to-wyglada-na-latwa-walke/

Ariane Lipski in a recent post-fight media scrum said she wants to fight Niedzwiedz. Agnieszka's manager twitted asking fans about it and call it an easy fight. I think both have contracts somewhere else and it looks more like a hype steal attempt as Lipski may be more popular here in Poland. What do you think guys? Here is an article I found. I would watch but I doubt it's even real option.

https://mma.pl/menadzer-agnieszki-niedzwiedz-lipski-mi-to-wyglada-na-latwa-walke/

Invicta probably would have no objection to Aga fighting in another promotion, indeed she already did. Would KSW risk their golden girl in a fight with a free agent though?

If I was Lipski, I’d hold off on taking risky fights until UFC come calling.

No clue what he mean by category score. Does he mean number of fights? I actually have number of fights since 2009 in weight classes. Even when bantamweight was on top in the UFC, there were more flyweight bouts. It was when strawweight came that it became number one over 125.
I don't know, but if i had to guess would be either by the average fighter score (based on resume) or by the strength of resume of all fighters in the weight class

Could be number of fights happening but then it would be very stupid, also i don't think it's that because by his criteria women's featherweight is better than women's atomweight

Atomweight lacks depth. I don’t know why people don’t see that?

:)

c6d0ac312dfcf1bd3ec5f89abd197165.png

These are stats provided to me by @awiv :

Here they are please make sure to credit WombatSports.com for the stats.

105 stats

Pro fights - 66
  • Deep Jewels - 16 pro; 2 amateur (includes DEEP matches)
  • KOTC - 11
  • Invicta - 6
  • RoadFC - 8
  • Combates - 7
  • TopFC - 2
Finishes

• TKO/KO - 13
  • Submissions - (armbars- 9 ; RNC - 6; kimura - 1)
Decisions
  • Unanimous - 25
  • Split - 7
  • DQ - 1
  • Majority - 2
Amateur Fights - 31

Finishes

• TKO/KO - 7
  • Submissions - (armbars- 4 ; RNC - ; gullotine - 1; neck crank - 1)
Decisions

• Unanimous - 18
  • Split - 4
  • Majority - 1
110 stats

Pro fights - 26

• Rizin - 12
  • KOTC - (1 amateur)
  • TopFC - 3 pro, 1 amateur
  • Combates - 2
  • RoadFC - 3; 1 amateur
Finishes

• TKO/KO - 10
  • Submissions - (armbars- 4 ; RNC- 5)
Decisions

• Unanimous - 6
  • Split - 1
Amateur Fights - 12

Finishes

• TKO/KO - 6
  • Submissions - (armbars - 2)
Decisions
  • Unanimous - 3
Rizin I put all fights as 110 but here is a breakdown for those 12 fights

• 2 KO
  • 1 TKO
  • 2 RNC
  • 3 armbar
  • 4 unanimous decision

I would say there is depth there,mit's just spread out across the different promotions. KOTC inked 7 atomweights to exclusive contracts last year. If a small promotion like that can find that many to sign, the talent is definitely out there.

http://www.kingofthecage.com/king-of-the-cage-signs-fourteen-women-fighters-to-exclusive-contracts/

Last edited:
So not so bad let's hope she doesn't have her manager forge her signature

So not so bad let's hope she doesn't have her manager forge her signature

As someone who actually likes Calvillo let's hope Nevada don't turn around and dish out a 5 year ban.

I may be crazy but I'd like to see Cynthia fight Dern. Obviously they'll be looking for another wrestler for Mackenzie but who would that be? Maybe Calvillo is a step too far but it would be fun if it hit the ground. No shame for Mackenzie losing to a name, instead she'll probably lose to someone like Jamie Moyle which would be far worse for her reputation.

Back