Official Women's Division Discussion #25

Sara wants to move up and I wouldn’t be shocked if Lucie moves down. RIP women’s bantamweight

WCFL Invicta contract tournament opening round results:

135 Quarterfinals

• Laura Bensinger def. Lessandra Franklin by unanimous decision
  • Caitlin Simmons def. Curry Galazka by TKO 2:18 round 2
  • Kelig Pinson def. Tenika Waldrop by unanimous decision
  • Chelsea McCoy def Melissa Stringer by TKO round 1

115 Quarterfinals

• Carmen Milagros Zamora Carbajal def. Macy Breaux by unanimous decision
  • Angelica Martinez def. Chi Sheibley by armbar round 1
  • Cara Greenwell def. Kayla Hracho by split decision (FOTN)
  • (Cyndi Tarango didn't fight -no opponent listed, so I assume she is getting a bye)

WCFL 21 (date and location tba)

Semi finals 135

• Laura Bensinger vs. Kelig Pinson
  • Caitlin Simmons vs. Chelsea McCoy

Semi-finals 115

• Carmen Milagros Zamora Carbajal vs. Angelica Martinez
  • Cara Greenwell vs. Cyndi Tarango

Quick update as Cyndi Tarango dropped out of the tournament due to losing a few weeks back. They are currently looking for a fighter for that other semi-final spot

Sara wants to move up and I wouldn’t be shocked if Lucie moves down. RIP women’s bantamweight

I hope Lucie stays at 135 and Moras moves down. The UFC needs keep a tight reign on the divisions.

Pudilova - Moras was a fun fight. Moras kept going for a submission early but Pudilova kept wrangling out of it. Pudilova's a good striker, very game too. She can do damage with those fists (for reference see what she did to Lisa Lansberg's face). She showed good fight iq in rounds 2 and 3 by avoiding the ground whenever possible. She's young and I assume will improve in her TDD & grappling. Moras got beat up and her cardio suffered in rounds 2 & 3.

Kaline Medeiros vs. Jenna Serio set for CES April 6

DWa_Ud_DXVw_AAz_Tgg.jpg

Cute poster for the next Deep Jewels event. Yes! Back on Abema TV too.

Seeing how Alexis Dufresne has missed weight a lot
it is not a surprise if Bellator has released her and
Shannon Knapp at Invicta most likely won't have any
thing to do with her as a result.

If Sarah Moras had bad cardio with Lucie Pudilova it
would not be a surprise do to the fact it looks like she
cuts a few lbs and or she has poor conditioning and
she has been able to hide it till now.

If i remember it right Lucie Pudilova said on her Instagram
back sometime ago that she was looking to drop down
to Flyweight but i guess she changed her mind.

I can understand why Moras is thinking of moving up, one win and she could be getting a title shot: 100k to show plus 30k Reebok money. Anyway if Sarah does much road work I'd be surprised, looks overweight at 135.

amanda cooper is helping meatball out for her upcoming fight, theres a picture on instagramm of her with molly and lanchana green
leah mccourt was sposed to be on that card, but im guessing they couldnt get an opponent

amanda cooper is helping meatball out for her upcoming fight, theres a picture on instagramm of her with molly and lanchana green
leah mccourt was sposed to be on that card, but im guessing they couldnt get an opponent
I'm surprised they couldn't find a 135er to move up.. McCourt has a relatively high profile and I was left quite underwhelmed by her debut.

I'm surprised they couldn't find a 135er to move up.. McCourt has a relatively high profile and I was left quite underwhelmed by her debut.
perhaps she was nervous on the big stage, shame that aiofe murphy never carried on fighting after she won against mccourt, maybe she got concussion, i seem to remember that was a headkick ko
edit, shes still training , maybe the internet hasnt kept up with her record

Back