Official Women's Division Discussion #25

Yeah for sure it's making a come back but right now? It's just kinda pathetic, no TV exposure and the payments are a joke. Boxing fans are too conservative about it and doesn't seem that interested in women's boxing, not as much as WMMA fans are.

Furthermore, being honest, i think the skill gap between women's boxing/men's boxing and MMA/WMMA is very different, the talent pool to WMMA is much bigger due to BJJ girls, judokas, wrestlers etc coming to WMMA while women's boxing still depends A LOT of Olympic boxing. Like you said, women's boxing is like 10 years behind WMMA, at least.

I prefer mma over boxing. More opportunity for a wider range of skill sets. In wmma some of the grappling is exciting. Like in the Lipski - Belbita fight posted above.

She didn’t say this was a weight cut picture, so I’m assuming she’s lost weight to stay at 115? She looks rough.
Wow that doesn't look smart AT ALL, hope she loses badly her next fight so we can end this madness, i fucking hate it, she's obviously not a fucking 115er ffs

I prefer mma over boxing. More opportunity for a wider range of skill sets. In wmma some of the grappling is exciting. Like in the Lipski - Belbita fight posted above.
Yeah im much more of a MMA guy too, specially in lower weight classes, some of the best WMMA fights recently had grappling scrambles like Kassem-Chambers, Davis-Carmouche, Roxy-Montano etc
That's very strange because as far as technique goes, i enjoy reading/learning about striking but find myself very bored with grappling breakdowns

That picture of Kassem is disturbing, bad enough if she was on the scales but she hasn't even got a fight due, what's she doing.

The first round of that tournament mentioned a few pages back is tonight, more interested in that than Bellator boxing.

I am weird about combat sports. I like MMA but I find the separate disciplines that comprise MMA boring. Pure Muay Thai, Kickboxing and Boxing are boring to me. Wrestling is the worst by far. I can't stand point based grappling. However, I don't mind submission only grappling. EBI does it right when it comes to the grappling rules.

I prefer WMMA over women's boxing because with only a few notable exceptions, women's boxing is utter shit.

I am weird about combat sports. I like MMA but I find the separate disciplines that comprise MMA boring. Pure Muay Thai, Kickboxing and Boxing are boring to me. Wrestling is the worst by far. I can't stand point based grappling. However, I don't mind submission only grappling. EBI does it right when it comes to the grappling rules.

<codychoke>

:)

k6eqkqe

Here’s my code to watch the tournament on FITE tv

Edit:
I will say pure muay thai is usually boring to me as well. I can watch boxing though.

Yeah for sure it's making a come back but right now? It's just kinda pathetic, no TV exposure and the payments are a joke. Boxing fans are too conservative about it and doesn't seem that interested in women's boxing, not as much as WMMA fans are.

Furthermore, being honest, i think the skill gap between women's boxing/men's boxing and MMA/WMMA is very different, the talent pool to WMMA is much bigger due to BJJ girls, judokas, wrestlers etc coming to WMMA while women's boxing still depends A LOT of Olympic boxing. Like you said, women's boxing is like 10 years behind WMMA, at least.

I think there can be some crossover, especially when Invicta boxing starts. There is at least some tv exposure as ESPN and ShoBox has been airing female bouts as of late. Will say there is an infrastructure there to develop boxing talent - Beautiful Brawlers being the most prominent outside the Olympic system.

On a side note - wouldn't mind seeing Cyborg vs. Cecilia Brækhus in boxing. Probably the second biggest fight for Cris behind the Baars rematch.

I hope it happens, much more interested in Cyborg-Braekhus than a rematch with Baars, i think stylistically the second is just a terrible match up for Cyborg.

Women's boxing must be worse than I thought.
It hurts me just looking at Julaton's wonky knock-kneed stance.
This was like watching a direct to TV Steven Seagal movie, except the badness wasn't funny.

Yeah, that fucking sucked.

At least it was only Bellator. Hopefully Ducote makes up for it on the next card.

WCFL Invicta contract tournament opening round results:

135 Quarterfinals

• Laura Bensinger def. Lessandra Franklin by unanimous decision
  • Caitlin Simmons def. Curry Galazka by TKO 2:18 round 2
  • Kelig Pinson def. Tenika Waldrop by unanimous decision
  • Chelsea McCoy def Melissa Stringer by TKO round 1

115 Quarterfinals

• Carmen Milagros Zamora Carbajal def. Macy Breaux by unanimous decision
  • Angelica Martinez def. Chi Sheibley by armbar round 1
  • Cara Greenwell def. Kayla Hracho by split decision (FOTN)
  • (Cyndi Tarango didn't fight -no opponent listed, so I assume she is getting a bye)

WCFL 21 (date and location tba)

Semi finals 135

• Laura Bensinger vs. Kelig Pinson
  • Caitlin Simmons vs. Chelsea McCoy

Semi-finals 115

• Carmen Milagros Zamora Carbajal vs. Angelica Martinez
  • Cara Greenwell vs. Cyndi Tarango

I might have to revise my previous statements on Heathers potential to be a star. No matter how much of an "it factor" she has she will never be a star unless she improves drastically. She has now faced 2 cans and looked terrible both times. These are meant to be showcase fights for her to build hype and she is not even good enough to look good in them. The sad thing is age is not even on her side.

Anyone got any info on Maycee Barber? This is the 1st time I am hearing about her today but she looks good. I seriously think LFA is the best in MMA in terms of prospect building. I love Invicta but I wish Tiffany Van Soest picked LFA. LFA would have never matched her with a wrestler her 1st fight really taking MMA seriously. She would have probably been much more hyped up than she is now.

I might have to revise my previous statements on Heathers potential to be a star. No matter how much of an "it factor" she has she will never be a star unless she improves drastically. She has now faced 2 cans and looked terrible both times. These are meant to be showcase fights for her to build hype and she is not even good enough to look good in them. The sad thing is age is not even on her side.

Yeah, that was shit. Likeable person but awful fighter. There's a million girls in MMA with better hands than her and the less said about her kicking the better. I doubt there will much clamour for their rematch in boxing.

Yeah, that was shit. Likeable person but awful fighter. There's a million girls in MMA with better hands than her and the less said about her kicking the better. I doubt there will much clamour for their rematch in boxing.
Lol who wants to see that now? You'd have to pay me if im being honest.

That fight today was a total DISGRACE to this sport

ac841e79e8f9fd00a860fc696f2b74f5.png

Yeah, that fight was pretty bad. Both fighters way too green and the fight didn't even wind up being a slugfest.

Rebecca Ruth 6-2 vs Juliana Velasquez 6-0 added to Bellator 197

Back