Official Women's Division Discussion #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really surprised with how this ended up...
Myuu Yamamoto and her losing record
Irene Cabello coming off 2 losses
Andy Nguyen coming off a loss
Alyssa Garcia coming off a loss

I guess it really is the Rena show...

Damn! Nguyen lost to a girl who was on a 2 fight losing streak
(Pretty Hot in her Tapology profile btw)

Damn! Nguyen lost to a girl who was on a 2 fight losing streak
(Pretty Hot in her Tapology profile btw)
One of Melissa Karagianis's losses were at strawweight, just FYI.

Speaking of whom, KOTC has signed Melissa to a six fight exclusive contract after capturing the title from Andy Nguyen. They also signed strawweight Chelsea Faulder (7-1 am 0-1 pro) and amateur flyweight Susan Phanivong to exclusive contracts.

http://www.fightbookmma.com/-king-of-the-cage-advances-the-female-divisions-of-both-105-and-115-lbs/

I just remembered something, and now I'm pissed.
bellator-signees-april-2017.png

Bellator Signs Six Female Flyweights; Will Crown Champ in 2017

This was posted on @awiv 's website back in April. Six fighters, only one of whom has even been signed to fight (Letourneau, pulled out of said fight with injury). Only one of them has fought recently, Na Liang tasted defeat for the first time back in July. Instead they keep having the same women fight over and over, with no sign of what's to come in the title picture.

WTF is Bellator doing? This it what drives me nuts about Bellator under Coker and Rich Chou. No real direction whatsoever, no build up to anything, just random fights put together. Also, no sign of a title fight anytime soon. Meanwhile, TUF is almost finished filming. Bellator dropped the ball with this division.

Way to burst my rant bubble. At least one of the six will be fighting in Bellator finally.

Yeah, but at least it will give them some experience and exposure, allowing the UFC to skim the cream off of the top should any actually develop.

Weekend results plus what is coming up this weekend have a few female bouts ahead

https://wombatsports.wordpress.com/upcoming-fights/
Good work, as always. Some missing, though:
The amateur fights from Deep Jewels' upcoming card
Two of the remaining three fights for Rizin "super Atomweight" Grand Prix

Kelly Kobold is fighting this weekend. Too bad I don't have AXS tv. LFA is definitely a UFC feeder. Hopefully she puts on a good showing, considering UFC didn't want her for TUF.

If JoJo can't beat Bec convincingly it's time to hang up those gloves. It's a very kind (and hopefully entertaining) matchup.

Hm. I hope they give the Aldrich vs. Nadia Kaseem another try at FN121 too, as JJ was hoping to get that. Would make for a pretty cool card + of course Hunt (unless he has a rage-stroke from all the PED infractions before it) :)

Is this the first UFC women's flyweight fight? I read somewhere that PVZ will fight Jessica Eye at flyweight but don't recall when, or if it's even official yet.

Is this the first UFC women's flyweight fight? I read somewhere that PVZ will fight Jessica Eye at flyweight but don't recall when, or if it's even official yet.

Jojo vs. Val was the first, pre-division. VanZant vs. Eye will be in October.

Looks like Alex Chambers is fighting Nadia Kaseem.

W00t, cool to have Astrogirl back! As I mentioned earlier, would have liked to see the once-scrapped Aldrich/Kaseem, but Chambers returning to octagon after that frustratingly long rehabl time, nice.

And from completely random rambles department. Watched the Tate vs. Kedzie match from Strikerforce first time since, ages.... it was still very fun scrap. Had completely forgotten that Kedzie nailed Tate with a pretty decent headkick even in first round (the one in the third is impossible to forget) and then with Tate winning the entertaining groundgame in second (both sides were very active) and them going 1-1 into the third, Tate somehow not only surviving getting her brains nearly kicked out of her ear but then snatching the submission even.... Hell of a fun fight. Shall rewatch again! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back