Official Women's Division Discussion #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you haven't heard yet Kyra Batara vs. Vanessa Rico official for Combates Miami July 27th

Now that Cyborg vs. Megan is official (War Megan BTW), how do you guys think the UFC will handle the fighter that walks out as champ from 214?

Personally I don't see them mass signing featherweights to contracts and having them on frequent UFC cards, I think what they'll do is they'll sign someone from time to time and have that fighter fight the champ. I think this is where Invicta comes into play, I feel the UFC will watch the Invicta 145 performances closely and pinch whoever they please to face whoever the winner is of Megan vs. Cyborg.
Well, that seems obvious.
I guess that also played a part in Evinger's decision to take a fight at FW. Maybe that way she finally can get her foot into the UFC. (btw, is her vs Kolesnyk for the/a title? Or regular FW fight?)

Tbh I kinda hope that w145 in the UFC is not just Cyborg-fights. Of course it won't be a full fledged division any time soon, but maybe they could at least have contender fights at 145 and not just pick them from Invicta's FW (or UFC's BW) and directly throw them to the wolf.

Some of the unexpected stuff is cool. The stuff that happens entirely during the fight between the fighters. The other stuff, the bullshit with the Missouri licensing board or whatever they're called? That's the bullshit I could do without, and Invicta continuing to have event after event there has me losing faith in them.

I've been considering heading to K.C. to see an event live, and now I'm seriously considering not even watching an event on F.P. On top of that, no title fight at all for this event. They have five divisions, and only put on six events a year. There's no excuse outside of late injury to not have a title fight planned for every event, including this one, even after losing the original main event. Where is Maia and her belt? Who's up for the vacant 115 title?

Step your game up, Invicta.

Invicta is a regional promotion regardless of the "home of premier WMMA" tagline you hear on the fightpass ad in between fights.

How many people complained about Legacy holding their cards in Texas despite the Texas Board of Regulations being notoriously inept. Doing shows in Missouri is probably more affordable and less of a hassle for Shannon and co.

So I think I may have discovered a trend in the women's divisions: if you're a female fighter in Asia, and you lose a title fight, your first stop is AACC to train Ayaka et al. First it was Jenny Huang:

And now Mina Kurobe:

I think it's great for these ladies to get some good training in with the best Atomweight in the world, however I do have one issue: these ladies' striking, or lack thereof, is what cost them big time in their respective fights. Perhaps a more striking oriented camp would suit them better.

How many people complained about Legacy holding their cards in Texas despite the Texas Board of Regulations being notoriously inept. Doing shows in Missouri is probably more affordable and less of a hassle for Shannon and co.

This is absolutely correct. It is a lot cheaper to do the card in KC than on the road and with some major projects on the way Invicta needs the spare cash. The plan, from what Shannon told me, it to do one card outside of KC this year (maybe 2). Vegas is very unlikely since the last time they had bad experiences with finding a venue. I suspect California again in the fall.

Personally I think they can go across the border on the Kansas side of KC and get a better commission (hopefully not getting stuck with ref Mike English again). I think she has a deal with the Scottish Rite so I don't foresee her doing it.

Will ask about the 115 title situation when I talk to Shannon hopefully this week. Awaiting her to call me back.

So I think I may have discovered a trend in the women's divisions: if you're a female fighter in Asia, and you lose a title fight, your first stop is AACC to train Ayaka et al. First it was Jenny Huang:

I think it's great for these ladies to get some good training in with the best Atomweight in the world, however I do have one issue: these ladies' striking, or lack thereof, is what cost them big time in their respective fights. Perhaps a more striking oriented camp would suit them better.

You could say this about most of the women.

This is absolutely correct. It is a lot cheaper to do the card in KC than on the road and with some major projects on the way Invicta needs the spare cash. The plan, from what Shannon told me, it to do one card outside of KC this year (maybe 2). Vegas is very unlikely since the last time they had bad experiences with finding a venue. I suspect California again in the fall.

Personally I think they can go across the border on the Kansas side of KC and get a better commission (hopefully not getting stuck with ref Mike English again). I think she has a deal with the Scottish Rite so I don't foresee her doing it.

Will ask about the 115 title situation when I talk to Shannon hopefully this week. Awaiting her to call me back.

I remember Shannon saying in an interview that they stopped running shows in Kansas because the commission wasn't all that great

I remember Shannon saying in an interview that they stopped running shows in Kansas because the commission wasn't all that great
So they moved to Missouri? :rolleyes:

Part 1 of my interview with Miesha Tate as we discuss her turn towards commentary and coaching. I also asked if she will ever comeback. Parts 2 & 3 will be posted in the next two Tuesdays.

https://wombatsports.wordpress.com/...ecord-part-1-coaching-commentary-and-charity/

" I recently tried out for a live commentary position with the UFC but I’m not exactly sure what that means I’m not sure if it’s for the upcoming contender series or for actual fight events.; but either way hopefully I can get the position. Other people tried out so I do have some stiff competition, but it’s something I really really enjoy."

Do you know if Leslie Smith was among the others trying out for the position?

"

Do you know if Leslie Smith was among the others trying out for the position?

Considering she is still active and stirring the pot as of late unlikely, but she was in Vegas this past week

Tecia Torres to replace Amanda Ribas at the TUF Finale against Juliana Lima

Considering she is still active and stirring the pot as of late unlikely, but she was in Vegas this past week

I can't find the source, but Smith said in an interview that she wanted to do fight commentary and was even doing some stand-up comedy to get used to speaking in front of people.

Tecia Torres to replace Amanda Ribas at the TUF Finale against Juliana Lima
Interesting. Was wondering when Torres would fight again.

Torres definitely has superior standup, but I wonder if she can avoid the takedown against Lima.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back