Official Women's Division Discussion #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cynthia Arceo was offered a fight on the Conteders series but turned it down

That's unfortunate, she's really fun to watch, her stand up is pretty good. She's definitely someone WMMA fans should be looking out for in the future.

Yep, it's also why she is spending a lot of time in Albuquerque. The altitude is supposed to help your cardio.

I mean, she won the first two rounds of each fight with Joanna, then she gassed. If she can increase her cardio to the point she wins the first 3 rounds and isn't 10-8'ed in the last two, Claudia can win the belt. It's not a stretch to think that.

It don't work that way. She blows all her energy getting those takedowns in the early fight. Joanna makes her work too much. If she loses significant muscle mass she may improve her endurance somewhat, but she loses the strength which is what enables her to get joanna down in the first place.

Another good flyweight who won't be competing in the new UFC division

We cater for all tastes here! Tonya Evinger was recently on MMA Roasted where they reeled off the names of some fighters and she answered if she would or wouldn't.

WOULD: Paige VanZant; Joanna Jedrzrzrzrzyk; Claudia Gadelha; Jessica Penne ('better before she had the nose thing done, more unique') (I agree); Julianna Pena; Jinh Yu Frey ('oh hell yeah'); Sunna Davidsdottir; Michelle Waterson; Jessica Eye; Aldana and Grasso (Evinger volunteered those two)

WOULDN'T: Bec Rawlings ('don't like girls who hump a lot of people or have that kinda image'); Cat Zingano; Sara McMann; Miesha Tate; Julia Budd ('don't like girls who are bigger than me'); Pannie Kianzad; Tecia Torres; Raquel Pennington; Amber Brown; Ronda Rousey ('don't like her personality'); Aspen Ladd; Felice Herrig; Bethe Corriea ('she's disgusting')

So now you know! (I know you were dying to). Do you agree or disagree? Let us know what fighters you would and wouldn't below!

Actually don't, save it for the Heavies/Wasteland/Youtube Comments Section.

It don't work that way. She blows all her energy getting those takedowns in the early fight. Joanna makes her work too much. If she loses significant muscle mass she may improve her endurance somewhat, but she loses the strength which is what enables her to get joanna down in the first place.

It's not either-or. You can improve your cardio and not lose strength. Gadelha said she was beating the shit out of her body right up to the day of the fight also. She is supposedly training much more intelligently these days so she has energy for fight day.

This isn't simply "more muscle=low cardio, less muscle=more cardio" as you are saying.

It's not either-or. You can improve your cardio and not lose strength. Gadelha said she was beating the shit out of her body right up to the day of the fight also. She is supposedly training much more intelligently these days so she has energy for fight day.

This isn't simply "more muscle=low cardio, less muscle=more cardio" as you are saying.
Claudia can say a lot of things but we will never know until she fights Joanna again. No one else makes Claudia work as hard for the takedown and to keep them down as Joanna does. On another note, hopefully they don't fight for at least another 1 or 2 years. I would rather see new matchups. I want to see Claudia vs Andrade. They both already fought Joanna so we don't lose a future contender if they both fight. Kinda like the Claudia/Karolina fight.

We cater for all tastes here! Tonya Evinger was recently on MMA Roasted where they reeled off the names of some fighters and she answered if she would or wouldn't.

WOULD: Paige VanZant; Joanna Jedrzrzrzrzyk; Claudia Gadelha; Jessica Penne ('better before she had the nose thing done, more unique') (I agree); Julianna Pena; Jinh Yu Frey ('oh hell yeah'); Sunna Davidsdottir; Michelle Waterson; Jessica Eye; Aldana and Grasso (Evinger volunteered those two)

WOULDN'T: Bec Rawlings ('don't like girls who hump a lot of people or have that kinda image'); Cat Zingano; Sara McMann; Miesha Tate; Julia Budd ('don't like girls who are bigger than me'); Pannie Kianzad; Tecia Torres; Raquel Pennington; Amber Brown; Ronda Rousey ('don't like her personality'); Aspen Ladd; Felice Herrig; Bethe Corriea ('she's disgusting')

So now you know! (I know you were dying to). Do you agree or disagree? Let us know what fighters you would and wouldn't below!

Actually don't, save it for the Heavies/Wasteland/Youtube Comments Section.

Nobody mentioned Cyborg? A Pena Evinger fight could get awkward, being described as disgusting by Tonya is quite an achievement, well done Bethe

Nobody mentioned Cyborg? A Pena Evinger fight could get awkward, being described as disgusting by Tonya is quite an achievement, well done Bethe
Coming from her, I'd take it as a compliment.

Let's not forget Justine Kish, who cuts a ton as well.

Even Holly Holm cuts a great deal to hit 135

Yeah. Allow me (among many others) to say again how stupid it was to create 145 - the shit show of all divisions - before 125.

Judging from the trends I don't think Cyborg is Evinger's type, she seems to prefer her prey sweet and petite.

Pena vs Evinger would be a good fight. I'm sure Pena would have some interesting things to say about it too

Yeah. Allow me (among many others) to say again how stupid it was to create 145 - the shit show of all divisions - before 125.
I'm going even further and will say 105 should have been ahead of 145.

And I don't care what Laura Sanko says, I bet she dry heaves for hours, shaking from the trauma after Evinger molests her.

Believe it was Chael who stated it best - you are either a sprinter or a distance runner. You can't be both.

Judging from the trends I don't think Cyborg is Evinger's type, she seems to prefer her prey sweet and petite.

You quoted almost exactly what Tonya said on the MMA Roasted podcast.

Yeah, on the Wouldn't list: Julia Budd, Cat Zingano, Sara McMann, Ronda Rousey, Raquel Pennington, Bethe Correia.

She doesn't like em thick.

I'm going even further and will say 105 should have been ahead of 145.

I agree.

And I don't care what Laura Sanko says, I bet she dry heaves for hours, shaking from the trauma after Evinger molests her.

Yeah, there could never be enough alcohol and anti-nausea meds in the world to make that possible.

Believe it was Chael who stated it best - you are either a sprinter or a distance runner. You can't be both.

1. Chael says a lot of stupid shit.
2. There are multiple factors that go into being an elite runner that are reasonably negligible in MMA. Q-angle, for example, is huge in power production in running as well as balance, but matters little when fighting. Running specialty is so greatly determined by genetics that it is about the worst possible comparison.

I liked Penne's original witch nose better than the surgically normalized one too.

Also I wonder if Miesha used to be on Tonya's Would-list? Iirc Evinger has some quite strong dislike for Tate, which reeks a bit of rejection-born bitterness imo. And there are party pics of the two, so apparently she hasn't always disliked her..
(disclaimer: this is just speculation, of course)

1. Chael says a lot of stupid shit.
2. There are multiple factors that go into being an elite runner that are reasonably negligible in MMA. Q-angle, for example, is huge in power production in running as well as balance, but matters little when fighting. Running specialty is so greatly determined by genetics that it is about the worst possible comparison.

I think that is what Sonnen is saying. Genetics determines whether you are a sprinter or a distance runner, and it determines whether you are really powerful and strong in the ring or if you have great stamina and can apply constant pressure for the entire fight in the ring.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back