Official Women's Division Discussion #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody interested in a game of TUF 26 Fantasy League?? :D

The SW tourney back in season 20 was a hell lot of fun for most of the Worldwide regulars who had $10 in spare change (which our league champ @Ah Man actually donated to charity!). I'm more than willing to host the TUF party again if there's a demand for it! :cool:

Does Grand Prix mean "tournament"? Quite a bit of weight difference between Cassie Robb and L'aidy Tapa

It will be an atomweight tournament. Rena is the only official competitor with the winner of Robb vs. Miyuu probably taking the second spot.

My guess is Andy Nguyen (repping KOTC) will take part as well as Syuri Kondo (repping Pancrase). Most likely JEWELS and RoadFC will have reps as well.

The Tapa vs. King Reina match is just a superfight. Mercedes White (who manages Anthony Birchak) will be there - she wants the winner.

Aleksandra Albu vs. Kailin Curran announced for UFC 214 in Anaheim July 29

Maybe you're mixing someone up? Askren is a famous wrestler and Honchack isn't a boxer either, she's a 'generic MMA fighter' with a grappling heavy approach. Her last fight was 5 rounds of brutal (for the fans) wall and stall against an opponent people were complaining beforehand was too outmatched and she would squash quickly. The worst match in Invicta history to be sure. At least Askren finishes the cans he's fed.

How did her fights against Porto and Leslie Smith go? I seem to remember seeing her box alot in a fight. They have her fights up on youtube against Bethany Marshall and Aisling Daly. The Marshall fight is mostly wrestling as Honchak takes her down and maintains control (but she did finish her in the second round). The Daly fight contains a mixture of boxing (not against the cage) and ground stuff..

The Tapa vs. King Reina match is just a superfight. Mercedes White (who manages Anthony Birchak) will be there - she wants the winner.
She's listed as a SW with a 1-1 ammy record on Fight Finder, this does not seem like a great idea lol.

I couldn't fully concentrate watching this.

v0DyX.gif

Ariane Lipski fights this weekend.

I love Lipski but I'm rooting for Belbita to win the title. Reaaally wanna see a rematch between her and Stanciu (Stanciu gave Belbita her first loss). Hope Stanciu returns soon, I feel her and Belbita are the faces of Romanian WMMA.

Last edited:
Malin could be a good prospect if she improves her grappling. Her striking was beautiful.
its not bad, i saw another fight of hers and wondered why her opponent didnt throw uppercuts though, her chin and low hands present a big target for a decent striker

Heather Hardy vs Alice Yauger announced for Bellator NYC in June

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back