Official Women's Division Discussion #22

Status
Not open for further replies.

!!!!!! I think it's either Cynthia Calvillo or Aleksandra Albu (I don't even know if she has a fight coming up, I'm just assuming it because she's been hashtagging UFC a lot in her Insta posts which she hasn't done when she was off studying).

I thought Amanda cooper got a gift win on her last fight

I thought Amanda cooper got a gift win on her last fight

That's interesting, since 100% of media scores and 100% of fan votes on mmadecisions gave the fight to Cooper.

I'd like Cooper vs Albu, because I like to see the Coop win, and because I could safely bet everything I own on Cooper and make dat Reebok money (which will feed me and keep me warm for, I dunno, 2 weeks I guess)

That's interesting, since 100% of media scores and 100% of fan votes on mmadecisions gave the fight to Cooper.

I'd like Cooper vs Albu, because I like to see the Coop win, and because I could safely bet everything I own on Cooper and make dat Reebok money (which will feed me and keep me warm for, I dunno, 2 weeks I guess)

My bad i confused amanda cooper with justine kish

<6>

i was thinking of justine kish vs yoder

Why should some smack-talk make Hill "incredibly unlikeable"? (I say this as a big fan of Jo Jo.)
Hill is just playing the game of generating interest.
I don't care for ''the game'' and I outgrew ''smack talk'' when I was 14 and stopped watching WWE

Has JoJo had many performances in UFC that were reminiscent of those which she put on for Invicta? Granted, there may have been some can-crushing going on from time to time, but her fight against Letourneau @ 125 is the only UFC fight in which I remember seeing JoJo bring out the killer. I just think 115 is too much of a cut for her these days. That's the main reason I don't see her beating up on Hill. Between the cut and Hill's speed/durability, I can't see it being a one-sided fight.
who has angela beat? she was fighting nobodies when she was in invicta..... compared to the competition Jojo has faced Angela is a step down in competition

My bad i confused amanda cooper with justine kish

i was thinking of justine kish vs yoder

0744051b8a554e4e3a5b2fe34857e62ee879e7143632b33b80a4cb2e1e128cac.jpg

ps where is gorgeous @gorgonon ?

!!!!!! I think it's either Cynthia Calvillo or Aleksandra Albu (I don't even know if she has a fight coming up, I'm just assuming it because she's been hashtagging UFC a lot in her Insta posts which she hasn't done when she was off studying).
it is probably Cynthia. Cynthia's coach let it slip she signed on for a late notice fight on UFC 209 and ABC's previous opponent dropped out of their fight. If its not Cynthia then I think its Pearl.

who has angela beat? she was fighting nobodies when she was in invicta..... compared to the competition Jojo has faced Angela is a step down in competition

BOTH fought some cans at Invicta, but one can easily argue that Hill has improved quite a bit. She gave Andrade a good fight (someone who few SWs are eager to fight). JoJo didn't fare so well when she faced her.
Calderwood doesn't seem to have shown much improvement, but she certainly went to town on Letourneau. If she were to fight like that every time, she would be crushing the division. I just don't think that she can perform like that at 115 (too big a cut for her these days.) The way she dismantled Letourneau, I think she could be competitive in our UFC 125 division of make-believe.

BOTH fought some cans at Invicta, but one can easily argue that Hill has improved quite a bit. She gave Andrade a good fight (someone who few SWs are eager to fight). JoJo didn't fare so well when she faced her.
Calderwood doesn't seem to have shown much improvement, but she certainly went to town on Letourneau. If she were to fight like that every time, she would be crushing the division. I just don't think that she can perform like that at 115 (too big a cut for her these days.) The way she dismantled Letourneau, I think she could be competitive in our UFC 125 division of make-believe.
she didnt give Andrade a good fight, she got walked down and unloaded on for 3 rounds. As soon as Jojo landed on Andrade she started shooting a panicked takedown

she didnt give Andrade a good fight, she got walked down and unloaded on for 3 rounds. As soon as Jojo landed on Andrade she started shooting a panicked takedown

Well, I guess by "good fight", I meant that she didn't get finished by Andrade. Sure, Andrade was beating her up, but Hill wasn't scared or hurt. Hill was also landing, but Andrade was eating the shots like tasty snacks (her neck is the size of Hill's thigh.)

Even though she lost when they fought, I think JoJo would beat Andrade at 125. Same for Hill. I'm not trying to discount JoJo's skill or abilities. I just don't think she can still perform anywhere near her potential at 115.

A quiz just for the fun of it.

Can you identify this fighter who just got some new ink?

C5UaCq4VMAAj3JT.jpg

hint: UFC fighter
hint: bantamweight
Jessica Eye

Last edited:
Nice to see Cindy getting signed by the UFC.

Not sure who'll win with her vs Alexis Davis (and also not sure, who I'd want to win..), but seems like a pretty decent matchup.

Curious if she'll stay at 135 permanently. If not I could see several fights for her at 145.

(we'll probably get quite a few "OMG - womenz just CANNOT strike!!" posts and threads after her fights tho ;))

it is probably Cynthia. Cynthia's coach let it slip she signed on for a late notice fight on UFC 209 and ABC's previous opponent dropped out of their fight. If its not Cynthia then I think its Pearl.

Good call.

Curious if she'll stay at 135 permanently. If not I could see several fights for her at 145.
Cindy replied to someone asking if she was signed to 135 and she said (Not a direct quote, just me writing what I understood from it) that 135 is just a harder cut and that she'll move upto 145 when it's "Open"

Here's Cynthia Calvillo's most recent fight (vs. Montana Stewart), it begins at the 54 minute point.

Korean promotion Road FC has completed the fight card for their first ever all women event, Road FC XX (pronounced "Double-X")

Event: Xiaomi ROAD Fighting Championship 037

Date: Saturday, 11 March, 2017

Place: Grand Hilton Convention Centre, Seoul, South Korea

ROAD FC XX Main Card

#7 Women's Flyweight Match

Kang Jin-Hee (0-2) vs Raika Emiko (3-4)

#6 Women's -46.5kg Catchweight Match

Lee Ye-Ji (2-2) vs Shinashi Satoko (35-2-2)

#5 Women's Atomweight Match

Park Jeong-Eun (1-2-1) vs Sharma Devaiah (0-2)

#4 Women's Atomweight Match

Lim So-Hee (0-1) vs Hana Date (2-3)

#3 Women's Strawweight Match

Fujino Emi (18-10) vs Natalya Denisova (2-2)

#2 Women's Strawweight Match

Shim Yu-Ri (0-0) vs Harada Shiho (0-0)

#1 Women's -50.5kg Catchweight Match

Hong Yun-Ha (0-2) vs Wang Xiangjie (0-0)

Note: all names are listed with the surname first.

Road FC 37

Sooo...

Joanna vs. Andrade confirmed for UFC 211. JAG's waiting for a fight contract for 211 also (I'm assuming it's Moroz)

I was a big fan of JAG after her tear throughout the Beallator tournament. However, at this point in her career, I see Moroz(who I also like) beating her. The only decent competition JAG has faced in the past few years was a loss to Gadelha. Now she's coming back from ACL repair. It doesn't bode well for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back