Official Women's Division Discussion #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rachel Ostovich is going to have a very tough fight against Christine Ferea who is making her pro debut. Ferea has fast hands and hits extremely hard. Rachel may want to take the fight to the ground.

Grappling is her strength so I expect her to take it to the ground regardless.

So with Cyborg apparantly popping hot, is Megan Vs Tweet for the Invicta 145 title? It totally should be. I hope Invicta don't embarrass themselves by letting a cheat keep the belt.

So with Cyborg apparantly popping hot, is Megan Vs Tweet for the Invicta 145 title? It totally should be. I hope Invicta don't embarrass themselves by letting a cheat keep the belt.

We should petition shannon

There's a process to these things. First they have to test the B sample if Cyborg petitions for it (who wouldn't), then a hearing. Gonna be a while before everything is sorted out. Innocent until proven guilty.

Innocent until proven guilty.
Definitely.

But even if she is innocent, do we really believe that she will be back to defend this tilte? I mean, if she is clear then she will fight for UFC belt in no time. It is like McGregor and his 145 tilte, she's gone. Maybe Dana and Shannon will play this a little longer and allow her to become first ever UFC an Invicta champ in the same time, but it will end with Cyborg vacating her belt without another tilte defense.

There's a process to these things. First they have to test the B sample if Cyborg petitions for it (who wouldn't), then a hearing. Gonna be a while before everything is sorted out. Innocent until proven guilty.

I suppose. I'd be more in favor of innocent until proven guilty if she hadn't done this before already though.

The whole "I need 6 months to recover from a weight cut" thing she was going on about seems extra suspicious now, too.

I asked the same thing in the thread discussing Santino pissing hot and dimspace explained:

technically I dont think so.

because this is out of competition it doesnt fall under any athletic commission.

So technically, even if she is banned by USADA, that doesnt mean she would be banned as such by Invicta.

but of course a) Zuffa hold her contract so wouldnt let her fight and b) a commission could refuse licence application from her

well shes admitted taking the substance. so will be looking at a ban of some form.

whether it be 3 months, or 2 years, Invicta technically would be able to make an interim.

but as above would be an interesting situation if USADA banned her as neither Invicta or the Commissions would be obliged to follow suit. Would make an interesting dilemma for Shannon.

My gut is that Invicta would bow to the UFC and do whatever they were told

Forbes has this quote from her boyfriend:

"Not for a steroid, and she has a prescription as part of the post fight therapy she's been receiving due to the severe weight cut. This has been known for a few days, and Cris' doctor has been in direct contact with USADA turning over all the necessary patient files to document the reasons Chris needs the medication."

Forbes has this quote from her boyfriend:

"Not for a steroid, and she has a prescription as part of the post fight therapy she's been receiving due to the severe weight cut. This has been known for a few days, and Cris' doctor has been in direct contact with USADA turning over all the necessary patient files to document the reasons Chris needs the medication."

From USADA's site;

"An application for a TUE will only be considered for retroactive approval where:

a. Emergency treatment or treatment of an acute medical condition was necessary; or

b. Due to other exceptional circumstances, there was insufficient time or opportunity for the Athlete to submit, or for the TUEC to consider, an application for the TUE prior to Sample collection; or

c. It is agreed, by WADA and by the Anti-Doping Organization to whom the application for a retroactive TUE is or would be made, that fairness requires the grant of a retroactive TUE"

" i need 6 months to"
A....cycle off
B....get a brazil card
C....recover
D....gain another five pounds
E....remember what the fuck i said in my last tweet

It's pretty obvious that she is using extreme diuretics to mask steroid use. I'm sad she will only get one year max, wish it were 4.

From USADA's site;

"An application for a TUE will only be considered for retroactive approval where:

a. Emergency treatment or treatment of an acute medical condition was necessary; or

b. Due to other exceptional circumstances, there was insufficient time or opportunity for the Athlete to submit, or for the TUEC to consider, an application for the TUE prior to Sample collection; or

c. It is agreed, by WADA and by the Anti-Doping Organization to whom the application for a retroactive TUE is or would be made, that fairness requires the grant of a retroactive TUE"

I did a search and find "TUEC = Therapeutic Use Exemption Committee".

Have there been other fighters who made a weight cut - fought OK, and then were in bad shape for months from the weight cut?

I am interested to hear what ails her that this drug is supposed to be helping to heal. As in, "my kidneys are shot" or something, versus "this weight cut has been very severe and I need time to recover" which doesn't tell me what part of her body has been effected.

I did a search and find "TUEC = Therapeutic Use Exemption Committee".

Have there been other fighters who made a weight cut - fought OK, and then were in bad shape for months from the weight cut?

I am interested to hear what ails her that this drug is supposed to be helping to heal. As in, "my kidneys are shot" or something, versus "this weight cut has been very severe and I need time to recover" which doesn't tell me what part of her body has been effected.

Possibly failing kidneys, but that's irrelevant really, it's banned, she admits to using it, claiming to have been prescribed it two days after her fight and thus had over a month to get a TUE for it if it was legitimate before she got popped

It's pretty obvious that she is using extreme diuretics to mask steroid use. I'm sad she will only get one year max, wish it were 4.

Does the previous offense not factor in like with the ACs?

Bec Rawlings and Jessica "The Grinch" Penne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back