Official Women's Division Discussion #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeh, this is why i sometimes feel kinda awkward over supporting invicta.

I support the athletes there, love the matchmaking etc, but I cant help have reservations about the way things are run, for instance the non-booking of Cindy since she beat the golden girl, also their response to Evinger's loss and their pretty blatent support of Evinger and bias towards her. While on the other hand you have Honchack stripped and apparently not even told.

I support the girls fighting there, but do I support the company.. its tough, because there is a clear clique there.

(although that can be argued of any company)

Do you think a lot of it just boils down to marketing? I'm guessing Invicta isn't exactly raking in the dough. I'd be curious to see how it's doing now vs. the pre-Fight Pass days. Personally, I'd rather buy all the Invicta cards as a $15-20 PPV instead of $10/month for FP.

If Invicta had a bigger budget, I bet they would give Dandois more fights. The cost to get her and her corner over to the U.S. is WAY more than having Anderson get in her car and drive from home to a fight. The logistics of having foreign fighters compete probably gets rather costly.

so she didnt get stripped at all while on suspension.. go figure.
I had completely forgotten she was the champ. Quite ridiculous tbh.

EDIT: Just seen your tweet. Makes sense why the tweet I posted was taken down.

I had completely forgotten she was the champ. Quite ridiculous tbh.

EDIT: Just seen your tweet. Makes sense why the tweet I posted was taken down.

i sussed it. its down the merging of LFC and RFA

Shes been given a shot at the "New" LFA belt

Do you think a lot of it just boils down to marketing? I'm guessing Invicta isn't exactly raking in the dough. I'd be curious to see how it's doing now vs. the pre-Fight Pass days. Personally, I'd rather buy all the Invicta cards as a $15-20 PPV instead of $10/month for FP.

If Invicta had a bigger budget, I bet they would give Dandois more fights. The cost to get her and her corner over to the U.S. is WAY more than having Anderson get in her car and drive from home to a fight. The logistics of having foreign fighters compete probably gets rather costly.

dont think its cost. Meisha usually corners Cindy.

meanwhile, how did i not know that Rose's middle name was "Gertrude"

C2ZbNhyXcAALrm0.jpg:large

<{1-6}>

Last edited:
dont think its cost. Meisha usually corners Cindy.

That's too bad. Dandois puts on some interesting fights and has fun weigh-ins. It would be great if they gave her a rematch before Anderson heads off to greener pastures.

meanwhile, how did i not know that Rose's middle name was "Getrude"

C2ZbNhyXcAALrm0.jpg:large

<{1-6}>

Hahaha! Is that someone trolling her Wiki page? If not, I think she needs to change her nickname. ROOOOSE... "THE GERT"... NAMAJUUUUNAAAAS! That would be way more OG than just "thug."

I support the athletes there, love the matchmaking etc, but I cant help have reservations about the way things are run, for instance the non-booking of Cindy since she beat the golden girl, also their response to Evinger's loss and their pretty blatent support of Evinger and bias towards her. While on the other hand you have Honchack stripped and apparently not even told.

I support the girls fighting there, but do I support the company.. its tough, because there is a clear clique there.

invictas matchmaking has always been iffy, plenty of good prospects get ignored while girls with 1-0 records get fights etc, i agree dandois needs more fights, but so do a lot of others, especially outside the USA
version 3 of "do you like wmma in ufc?" poll in the heavies, margin for is increasing everytime, go vote and piss off the whiners:p
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/are-you-glad-women-are-in-the-ufc-v3.3451341/page-4#post-126281495

Last edited:
Hahaha! Is that someone trolling her Wiki page? If not, I think she needs to change her nickname. ROOOOSE... "THE GERT"... NAMAJUUUUNAAAAS! That would be way more OG than just "thug."

well see, i thought this, and was going through the page history to see if it was someone fucking around

but no...

8VwLGY.png

OG=Old Grandma

pretty sure I've seen plenty this kinda stuff from her before, which is why I lol when people were saying stuff like 'wow that seems a little out of character' when she wasn't acting like Demian Maia in her Invicta promos, like - were you paying attention earlier, guys?

I don't mind it necessarily (we're fans of a sport that's all about punching face and braggadocio goes with the game) but it's funny how one flavor of the minute has all their 'transgressions' forgiven as out of character like they're mother theresa, while yesterdays flavour goes from hero of the day to witch to be burnt at the stake and everything she does is proof of her wickedness (Ronda) (for the record, Megan is much cooler than Ronda, just funny the way dat pack mentality causes these exaggerations of saintliness/wickedness).

likewise packs of people were saying 'she's not ready for cyborg' after the tweet fight, implying they thought she was ready before?

Don't forget her win by devastating KNOCKOUT over 'greatest woman fighter ever' Jorina Baars
it's what keeps deceased sherdogger @elitist1 up at night in a state of undeath

She beat Coenen (original WMMA GOAT), Jorina Baars (woman fighting GOAT in all history ever, according to @elitist1 and who am I to disagree?) and GOAT apparent Mee-gan, and is the only woman Cyborg is running from (while everyone else is running from Cyborg).
She even beat one of the 4 horsewomen, the most feared stable in WMMA history.

everyone is ducking Dandois
wouldn't be surprised if the UFC ducked her by not signing her to their wasteland of a division
they don't want none of this

And she did most of it while training part-time.

And unless Megan learns to protect her chin and move her head, she has nothing for Cyborg. Her striking defense is pretty typical for WMMA, which means close to non-existent.

Dandois is right, in that some fighters find it easier to get fights than others. Since she walked right up to Anderson, took her down, and submitted her, Dandois has fought one time for Invicta, to Anderson's 3-4. Invicta definitely plays favorites.

Yeah, no kidding.

Andrade vs. Hill has been rescheduled for the Bermudez vs. Korean Zombie card in Houston, TX. 3 WMMA FIGHTS!!!! I'm actually super excited for this entire card, it's shaped up really nicely. I really want Angie to win this, but I want Andrade to challenge for the title so I'll just play tweener and be happy for whoever wins.

For some reason I dislike Hill. This irritates me, as I generally know why I don't like someone (other than my being an asshole in general). So I want Andrade to win.

I had heard that they had been attempting to contact Honchak for some time and she was not responding. Not sure about the veracity of this claim.

gertrude namajunes really needs to be a sherdog username...

pretty sure I've seen plenty this kinda stuff from her before, which is why I lol when people were saying stuff like 'wow that seems a little out of character' when she wasn't acting like Demian Maia in her Invicta promos, like - were you paying attention earlier, guys?

I don't mind it necessarily (we're fans of a sport that's all about punching face and braggadocio goes with the game) but it's funny how one flavor of the minute has all their 'transgressions' forgiven as out of character like they're mother theresa, while yesterdays flavour goes from hero of the day to witch to be burnt at the stake and everything she does is proof of her wickedness (Ronda) (for the record, Megan is much cooler than Ronda, just funny the way dat pack mentality causes these exaggerations of saintliness/wickedness).

likewise packs of people were saying 'she's not ready for cyborg' after the tweet fight, implying they thought she was ready before?

Don't forget her win by devastating KNOCKOUT over 'greatest woman fighter ever' Jorina Baars
it's what keeps deceased sherdogger @elitist1 up at night in a state of undeath

She beat Coenen (original WMMA GOAT), Jorina Baars (woman fighting GOAT in all history ever, according to @elitist1 and who am I to disagree?) and GOAT apparent Mee-gan, and is the only woman Cyborg is running from (while everyone else is running from Cyborg).
She even beat one of the 4 horsewomen, the most feared stable in WMMA history.

everyone is ducking Dandois
wouldn't be surprised if the UFC ducked her by not signing her to their wasteland of a division
they don't want none of this
11849035_738664506263247_1921639628_n.jpg
Cindy looks like a young old lady.

Tapology lists 288 BWs and 291 SWs, so the bolded is just truth. And yeah, the greater "skill" of lighter weight classes is an illusion. I make the same argument about men's HW BTW so I'm consistent. XD

Next time I watch a terrible HW fight with two uncoordinated fatties leaning on each other I'll remind myself that their apparent lack of Any Skill Whatsoever is just an optical illusion (caused by time being distorted by their larger gravity or something) colliding with my own prejudice, and those guys are every bit as skilled as Waldo, Mouse Johnson, and CoGar. Hopefully it will save me.

also I keep reading SWs as SJWs in those posts....

Jandiroba would make balloon animals out of the whole AACC crew

<{cruzshake}>

This is the kind of shitposting that proves I made the right decision ignore listing you. Fortunately I never read your post. Wait.............

I must've missed anything remotely radical or subversive coming from Anderson any time .

I wouldn't say it was anything radical or subversive, just the usual 'ima kick her ass' and and 'ima kick cyborg's ass' kind of stuff you hear from fighters (at the time of the dandois fight)

Her striking defense is pretty typical for WMMA, MMA, which means close to non-existent.

fixed

Well, some of the men have head movement and something resembling footwork. But it appears to be the last area trained or the one that receives the least focus. Glad I learned boxing first (not that I was great or anything like that). Always seemed like not getting hit was a good thing. Apparently many striking coaches in MMA think differently.

Next time I watch a terrible HW fight with two uncoordinated fatties leaning on each other I'll remind myself that their apparent lack of Any Skill Whatsoever is just an optical illusion (caused by time being distorted by their larger gravity or something) colliding with my own prejudice, and those guys are every bit as skilled as Waldo, Mouse Johnson, and CoGar. Hopefully it will save me.
You're comparing low level heavies with the champions of the lower divisions, very fair.

You guys (ie. those scapegoat the heavier classes) just love speed, agility and "dynamism", those things are overrated and misidentified as being skill. Speed and agility are physical traits like strength and power, they don't make one more skilled although they might make you "look more skilled".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back