Official Women's Division Discussion #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe she actually puts in skill training and learns how to defend a rear naked choke.

Probably not, though. She gets thrown another #14 or 15 ranked fighter and moves up the rankings after a win.

Fixed

Honestly, she does not appear to have anything resembling polished skill in any area. Most of the top ten are at least good somewhere. If her only ability is cardio, I suggest she take up cross-country, until she desire to learn the finer points of one or two things, those being striking and grapplling.

I havnt listened to the MMA hour yet, but if this is the case..

Then Megan going full heal turn.

I cant figure out whats going on with Dandois. Asked for the shot at Cyborg for ages, didnt get it. Organisations are literally refusing to book her at 145 despite the fact that shes beaten Marloes Coenen (ranked 2), Daria Ibragimova (ranked 10) and Megan..

Shes unbeaten at FW, all three fights against ranked fighters and now Megan is joining the crowd of "cindy is just trying to stay relevant"

I dont get it.

edit:

at 2:23:08

Last edited:

I cant figure out whats going on with Dandois. Asked for the shot at Cyborg for ages, didnt get it. Organisations are literally refusing to book her at 145 despite the fact that shes beaten Marloes Coenen (ranked 2), Daria Ibragimova (ranked 10) and Megan..

Shes unbeaten at FW, all three fights against ranked fighters and now Megan is joining the crowd of "cindy is just trying to stay relevant"

I dont get it.

Well, given that promotions are going more grade school/pro wrestling mode of selecting contenders, it is beginning to seem typical. And what is amazing about Cindy is that her grappling is that good compared to the rest of 145, as she has even less striking ability than Ronda. And she is an obviously undersized woman beating 145'ers. I mean, given that she has no problem making 135 and is one-dimensional, Cyborg she fits right in on Cyborg's resume.

pretty sure I've seen plenty this kinda stuff from her before, which is why I lol when people were saying stuff like 'wow that seems a little out of character' when she wasn't acting like Demian Maia in her Invicta promos, like - were you paying attention earlier, guys?

I don't mind it necessarily (we're fans of a sport that's all about punching face and braggadocio goes with the game) but it's funny how one flavor of the minute has all their 'transgressions' forgiven as out of character like they're mother theresa, while yesterdays flavour goes from hero of the day to witch to be burnt at the stake and everything she does is proof of her wickedness (Ronda) (for the record, Megan is much cooler than Ronda, just funny the way dat pack mentality causes these exaggerations of saintliness/wickedness).

likewise packs of people were saying 'she's not ready for cyborg' after the tweet fight, implying they thought she was ready before?

Don't forget her win by devastating KNOCKOUT over 'greatest woman fighter ever' Jorina Baars
it's what keeps deceased sherdogger @elitist1 up at night in a state of undeath

She beat Coenen (original WMMA GOAT), Jorina Baars (woman fighting GOAT in all history ever, according to @elitist1 and who am I to disagree?) and GOAT apparent Mee-gan, and is the only woman Cyborg is running from (while everyone else is running from Cyborg).
She even beat one of the 4 horsewomen, the most feared stable in WMMA history.

everyone is ducking Dandois
wouldn't be surprised if the UFC ducked her by not signing her to their wasteland of a division
they don't want none of this
11849035_738664506263247_1921639628_n.jpg

Dandois is right, in that some fighters find it easier to get fights than others. Since she walked right up to Anderson, took her down, and submitted her, Dandois has fought one time for Invicta, to Anderson's 3-4. Invicta definitely plays favorites.

At 115 -
Weili Zhang
Virna Jandiroba
Istela Nunes
Marina Rodriguez
Sharon Jacobson
Cynthia Calvillo
Mackenzie Dern
Brogan Walker

Mizuki also if she returns from knee injury fine.

Syuri Kondo needs to fight someone who isn't an atomweight if she's staying at 115, but she's almost right there too.

At 135 -
Juliana Velasquez
Aspen Ladd
Helena Kolesnyk
Winner of Katharina Lehner vs Lucie Pudilova at EuroFC

"Why is your list at 115 so much longer than 135? Are you disrespecting 135? 135 is just as deep as 115, the fighters just look less skilled because they're bigger" - [/@BigMuffler Mode]

Also. I think you may have forgotten someone on your list.
In fact this omission is quite unforgivable considering we're talking about none other than the GOAT here.

In fact² this is the second time you've besmirched her honor since only a week or so ago you said Amber Brown already lost to an 'inferior grappler' than some random Brazilian can crusher noone knows about and will never go anywhere

This is all too much. Ignore list for you. Big fat UFC contract and immediate title shot for the GOAT.
20160924114241_1DX_1294.JPG

"Why is your list at 115 so much longer than 135? Are you disrespecting 135? 135 is just as deep as 115, the fighters just look less skilled because they're bigger" - [/@BigMuffler Mode]
Tapology lists 288 BWs and 291 SWs, so the bolded is just truth. And yeah, the greater "skill" of lighter weight classes is an illusion. I make the same argument about men's HW BTW so I'm consistent. XD

Regional bantamweight is better than it gets credit for, but half the people listed on tapology are flyweights, not active, etc.

Also. I think you may have forgotten someone on your list.
In fact this omission is quite unforgivable considering we're talking about none other than the GOAT here.

How annoying is it that Sean Shelby skipped on Hamasaki after she made the biggest scariest atomweight do the spaghetti leg dance? If I had any hope left of UFC picking her up, I would have listed her at the top.

Jandiroba would make balloon animals out of the whole AACC crew

Regional bantamweight is better than it gets credit for, but half the people listed on tapology are flyweights, not active, etc.
Yeah I'm sure a lot of those 288 aren't relevant but I imagine the same goes for a lot of the 291 SWs.

Andrade vs. Hill has been rescheduled for the Bermudez vs. Korean Zombie card in Houston, TX. 3 WMMA FIGHTS!!!! I'm actually super excited for this entire card, it's shaped up really nicely. I really want Angie to win this, but I want Andrade to challenge for the title so I'll just play tweener and be happy for whoever wins.

Dandois is right, in that some fighters find it easier to get fights than others. Since she walked right up to Anderson, took her down, and submitted her, Dandois has fought one time for Invicta, to Anderson's 3-4. Invicta definitely plays favorites.

yeh, this is why i sometimes feel kinda awkward over supporting invicta.

I support the athletes there, love the matchmaking etc, but I cant help have reservations about the way things are run, for instance the non-booking of Cindy since she beat the golden girl, also their response to Evinger's loss and their pretty blatent support of Evinger and bias towards her. While on the other hand you have Honchack stripped and apparently not even told.

I support the girls fighting there, but do I support the company.. its tough, because there is a clear clique there.

(although that can be argued of any company)

pretty sure I've seen plenty this kinda stuff from her before, which is why I lol when people were saying stuff like 'wow that seems a little out of character' when she wasn't acting like Demian Maia in her Invicta promos, like - were you paying attention earlier, guys?

I must've missed anything remotely radical or subversive coming from Anderson any time BEFORE the media hype leading up to her fight with Tweet. At one point, I remember talk about a rematch with Dandois, but I don't remember reading/hearing any sass from Anderson. If there was, it certainly wasn't anything too noteworthy (as more people would've taken note.) It's just that the new-and-improved Slanderson seems a bit forced and scripted.

I'd love to see an Anderson/Dandois rematch. I just hope that Cindy doesn't try to zombie-walk straight into Megan if it ever comes to fruition. UFC will need Dandois if 145 becomes a thing, right? As of now (and as we all know), she is the last woman to have beaten Anderson. Although, I don't think Dandois would fare too well against any of the other fighters that are slated to be in UFC's WFW.

so she didnt get stripped at all while on suspension.. go figure.

I assume it's often up to the discretion of the organizations as to whether or not they strip someone as a result of a violation. Even if internal rules are in place, I guess no one can tell orgs to follow them. Are there state athletic commissions which can "force" orgs to follow rules? Perhaps pull a license if an org lets PED use slide? I know nothing about the way such things work.

I assume it's often up to the discretion of the organizations as to whether or not they strip someone as a result of a violation. Even if internal rules are in place, I guess no one can tell orgs to follow them. Are there state athletic commissions which can "force" orgs to follow rules? Perhaps pull a license if an org lets PED use slide? I know nothing about the way such things work.

hmm. well shes now saying shes not the champion and this is for the inaugural title

edit: oh i sussed it. Legacy FC merged with RFA so this is the first "Legacy FA" belt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back