Official Women's Division Discussion #20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noice.

Probably Bellators two best fighters at 125, looking forward to it.

I actually want to see Julia Budd vs Cyborg, but not because I think it would be competitive.

The most interesting narrative of Budd's career in Bellator, has been her corner during the recent fights.

-"You gotta gooo" screaming at her in the fight with Holloway.
-"Please do something, please you gotta do something" pleading in the fight with Roberta Rovel.
-"Do something or don't. Whatever here's some water" in the fight with Blencowe.

All paraphrasing, but the general tone has been clear. In interviews she'd talk about it's her goal to make 145 an exciting division; It's like she has no idea either. A dude like Ben Askren is at least self aware. Juliana Lima barely throws any volume standing, and has no interest in passing guard or doing damage on the ground, but at least she doesn't look terrified doing it.

I think I'm becoming a fan through some goofy ironic sense of curiosity. She's 33 too. All aboard the downhill hype train!

Damn:

New beginnings

Miriam is a fighter; a fighter in both the proper and figurative sense of the word. Miriam is an eight-time world Muay Thai champion. Nicknamed “The Queen of Mean” by her peers, Miriam made a job of her passion.

But in a country where you go big or you go home, Miriam went big, Miriam went home and Miriam ended up homeless. Injured at the top of her career with a severe knee injury, Miriam had to quit training and fighting to let her body heal. Everything went on a downward spiral, insurance bills piled up, and eventually, Miriam had to sleep in her car with her beloved companion cat, Princess, and call it temporarily home. Hurt both physically and emotionally, Miriam decided to get her life back and make a complete 180-degree move : change trainers, change her social circle and get her life back on track.

Miriam has been an uberX driver-partner for a little more than a month now. She got help getting on the road by taking advantage of the vehicle solutions program, developed by Uber for partners who, like Miriam, don’t have access to a qualifying uberX vehicle.

Read more:

http://frenchbydesignblog.com/2016/10/new-beginnings-miriam-uber-partner.html

I actually want to see Julia Budd vs Cyborg, but not because I think it would be competitive.

The most interesting narrative of Budd's career in Bellator, has been her corner during the recent fights.

-"You gotta gooo" screaming at her in the fight with Holloway.
-"Please do something, please you gotta do something" pleading in the fight with Roberta Rovel.
-"Do something or don't. Whatever here's some water" in the fight with Blencowe.

All paraphrasing, but the general tone has been clear. In interviews she'd talk about it's her goal to make 145 an exciting division; It's like she has no idea either. A dude like Ben Askren is at least self aware. Juliana Lima barely throws any volume standing, and has no interest in passing guard or doing damage on the ground, but at least she doesn't look terrified doing it.

I think I'm becoming a fan through some goofy ironic sense of curiosity. She's 33 too. All aboard the downhill hype train!

I could easily write a long list of things I would rather do or have done to me, than to watch a Budd fight. All of them are painful, but not nearly as painful as watching her basically outmuscle an opponent, but not know how to do anything but muscle her way to a takedown. According to the PBP from Firday night, she finally figured out how to sink the hooks in from back mount. Gee, that only took several years.

Damn:

New beginnings

Miriam is a fighter; a fighter in both the proper and figurative sense of the word. Miriam is an eight-time world Muay Thai champion. Nicknamed “The Queen of Mean” by her peers, Miriam made a job of her passion.

But in a country where you go big or you go home, Miriam went big, Miriam went home and Miriam ended up homeless. Injured at the top of her career with a severe knee injury, Miriam had to quit training and fighting to let her body heal. Everything went on a downward spiral, insurance bills piled up, and eventually, Miriam had to sleep in her car with her beloved companion cat, Princess, and call it temporarily home. Hurt both physically and emotionally, Miriam decided to get her life back and make a complete 180-degree move : change trainers, change her social circle and get her life back on track.

Miriam has been an uberX driver-partner for a little more than a month now. She got help getting on the road by taking advantage of the vehicle solutions program, developed by Uber for partners who, like Miriam, don’t have access to a qualifying uberX vehicle.

Read more:

What sucks is that she had an offer from the UFC but she turned it down to try and win the Invicta Belt. It is amazing how one decision can change so many things in a persons life. UFC insurance would have helped offset the money from getting injured and she would have gotten paid much better per fight.

Damn:

New beginnings

Read more:

I feel bad for Miriam, but now I have that Crystal Waters song stuck in my head....

I feel bad for Miriam, but now I have that Crystal Waters song stuck in my head....

I suspect I am glad that I have no idea what you are talking about. Probably involves a commercial, and, if so, I can go the rest of my life never knowing.

Damn:

New beginnings

Read more:

:( The feels.. poor Miriam. Always been a big fan and sad that her fighting career took this turn. Injuries are a bitch with no health insurances. I'm glad that she's in a better place and wish her nothing but the best.

OhGodDamn. I thought it was two different fighters. Didn't take her long to drop down TWO weight classes. She looks plenty healthy at the lower weight, too. Let's hope she has a great fight with Cooper. FC20 the day before. Gonna be some great action that weekend! I wonder when we will get to see Suarez on a card.

OhGodDamn. I thought it was two different fighters. Didn't take her long to drop down TWO weight classes. She looks plenty healthy at the lower weight, too. Let's hope she has a great fight with Cooper. FC20 the day before. Gonna be some great action that weekend! I wonder when we will get to see Suarez on a card.
She was pretty thick at 135, gonna miss dat ass.

Tatiana Suarez? She's got a fight lined up against Juliana Lima in December.

Did not see this posted yet. If so, someone can tell me I am a dumbass and I will delete:

Invicta FC 20 Fight Card Complete With Addition of Alexa Conners
October 24, 2016/by Rob Tatum

Kansas City, Mo. — The lineup for Invicta Fighting Championships 20 is complete.

Bantamweight Alexa Conners (0-1) is the final addition to the fight card. The 25-year-old South Carolina fighter made her professional debut at Invicta FC 17 in May, falling via split decision. She’ll square off with undefeated Swiss judoka Stephanie Egger (2-0).

In the night’s headliner, reigning bantamweight champion Tonya Evinger (18-5) will look to defend her belt against Russian newcomer Yana Kunitskaya (9-2). Evinger rides a lengthy, nine-fight winning streak into the title affair, including six straight in the Invicta cage. The 26-year-old Kunitskaya has stopped seven of her nine wins by way of strikes.

The co-main event will also feature gold on the line as strawweight champion Angela Hill (5-2) meets surging Brazilian Kaline Medeiros (8-4). The 31-year-old Hill earned the title in her last bout, defeating Livia Renata Souza by decision at Invicta FC 17. Medeiros carries a five-fight winning streak into her title challenge.

Invicta FC 20 takes place Friday, Nov. 18, from the historic Scottish Rite Temple in Kansas City, Mo. The event streams live and exclusively on UFC Fight Pass.

The fight card for Invicta FC 20 can be found below:

Bantamweight Title: Tonya Evinger (18-5) vs. Yana Kunitskaya (9-2)
Strawweight Title: Angela Hill (5-2) vs. Kaline Medeiros (8-4)
Atomweight: Herica Tiburcio (9-4) vs. Simona Soukupova (5-4-1)
Strawweight: Ashley Yoder (4-1) vs. Amber Brown (6-2)
Bantamweight: Jessica-Rose Clark (6-2) vs. Pam Sorenson (4-1)
Strawweight: Lynn Alvarez (6-4) vs. J.J. Aldrich (3-1)
Bantamweight: Stephanie Egger (2-0) vs. Alexa Conners (0-1)
Strawweight: Miranda Maverick (0-0) vs. Samantha Diaz (0-0)

http://www.invictafc.com/2016/10/24...card-complete-with-addition-of-alexa-conners/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back