Official Women's Division Discussion #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
The wife of Gilbert Melendez, Keri Anne Taylor-Melendez, is going to make her pro-MMA debut at Bellator 165. She will fight Sheila Padilla as a flyweight.

keri-melendez-bellator-157.jpg

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/10/keri-a...at-bellator-165-in-san-jose-vs-sheila-padilla

Last edited:
When Aldana makes it to the UFC, who would be the ideal fist opponent for her?

My first choice would be Reneau. They were scheduled to fight at Invicta but Reneau had bronchitis and pulled out.

I'd also settle for Ashlee Evans-Smith, Leslie Smith, Jessica Eye or Germaine de Randamie.
<mma4>

The wife of Gilbert Melendez, Keri Anne Taylor-Melendez, is going to make her pro-MMA debut at Bellator 165. She will fight Sheila Padilla as a flyweight.

<mma4>

Keri is a pretty fun fighter from what i've seen.

Not too bad lookin' either... <{yearp}>

I wonder if Bellator will feed her an easy opponent like they have done in her kickboxing fights.

EDIT: Just seen that her opponent has a 2-0 record so may be Keri wont have it all her own way.

I wonder if Bellator will feed her an easy opponent like they have done in her kickboxing fights.

EDIT: Just seen that her opponent has a 2-0 record so may be Keri wont have it all her own way.
her opponent is a 5'1 straweight, if she dont win id be surprised

Jo Jo reveals to a fan that she has no sponsors at present:

With Aldana not getting the rematch she asked for, I wonder if she is UFC bound. If not [yet], then who could Invicta match her with in the meantime?

Back to Cyborg: She mentions her next fight will be in February. That'll likely be the date for Invicta 21 - if she decides to defend her title next. If not, you have Germain de Randamie demanding any fight. Perhaps the UFC can try [again] to setup that fight.

Thinking of getting a couple of Invicta shows on DVD (yea, I'm old person being old to still want optical media) so I was wondering if this is a legit store (it was the #1 hit on my google): http://www.iwmdvds.com/items/MMA-Event-DVDs/INVICTA-FC/list.htm

I mean that looks hokey as hell, but I guess it's the real deal. Still better to ask here before getting some DVDRs made by some sherdogger in his mom's basement.

Thinking of getting a couple of Invicta shows on DVD (yea, I'm old person being old to still want optical media) so I was wondering if this is a legit store (it was the #1 hit on my google): http://www.iwmdvds.com/items/MMA-Event-DVDs/INVICTA-FC/list.htm

I mean that looks hokey as hell, but I guess it's the real deal. Still better to ask here before getting some DVDRs made by some sherdogger in his mom's basement.

Just subscribe to Fight Pass and binge-watch 'em. Definitely worth the 8 bucks.

Just subscribe to Fight Pass and binge-watch 'em. Definitely worth the 8 bucks.

Heh, thanks. I'm already doing that, Invicta getting added to Fight Pass back when was the thing that pushed me to subscribing Fight Pass after being on the fence for a while. But like said, I have that oldey timey attachment to physical media, so...

I don't believe Invicta have ever released DVDs officially. I've asked them several times over the last 1-2 years if they were planning on selling merchandise again, and also suggested that they sell some DVDs to commemorate having 10 shows or something (and now we're at show 20...) which could include some of the awesome media they put out over that time (promo vids, fighter vids, photo galleries, weigh ins (hey we cater for all tastes)) but they never said anything and still don't have anything merch wise...

Download and burn your own.

If that is illegal or against the rules, it is clearly someone else posting with my account.

I don't believe Invicta have ever released DVDs officially. I've asked them several times over the last 1-2 years if they were planning on selling merchandise again, and also suggested that they sell some DVDs to commemorate having 10 shows or something (and now we're at show 20...) which could include some of the awesome media they put out over that time (promo vids, fighter vids, photo galleries, weigh ins (hey we cater for all tastes)) but they never said anything and still don't have anything merch wise...
I was disappointed when they took their merchandise down before I could buy any.

Heh, thanks. I'm already doing that, Invicta getting added to Fight Pass back when was the thing that pushed me to subscribing Fight Pass after being on the fence for a while. But like said, I have that oldey timey attachment to physical media, so...

Invicta is the only reason I have FP. Occasionally, I'll watch UFC prelims. Otherwise, I never use it. I've gotta say I do kind of miss the days of PPV Invicta that involved a small video player window with a live chat box on the side of it.

In terms if physical media, I still buy CDs from particular artists. I wish more of them would self-release or sell directly. Some digital music providers often give artists a pretty bad deal.

I smell an underground black market for Invicta DVDs in the making. Perhaps I should check the dark web to see if it already exists.

According to Celine Haga's FB page, her fight with Lisa Ellis has been scrapped. Apparently, the promotion didn't like the fact that Ellis had also signed for another fight scheduled for two weeks before. I'm guessing Ellis just wanted to take advantage of all her training and try to recover lost expenses from the fight that Combate pulled. Or, perhaps she was just afraid of getting choked out by Haga and signed for the other fight. I was really looking forward to that match-up. Two strong, motivated vets that often fly under the radar.

Amber "The Bully" Brown moving up to strawweight suggests to me that she has her eye on moving over to the UFC strawweight division.

Amber "The Bully" Brown moving up to strawweight suggests to me that she has her eye on moving over to the UFC strawweight division.

Every time the idea of a fighter going up in weight is suggested, I immediately hope it will result in "Cerrone-esque" performances. Brown will likely be stronger and more powerful than at AW, but she will also be fighting bigger opponents. I'm excited to see how it goes.

"Cast Iron" has received a huge belt promotion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back