Official Women's Division Discussion #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
We could see Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs. Miesha Tate at 125 lbs. Miesha has said the she'd like to drop to 125 lbs if that division existed in the UFC.

I was thinking that very thing. 125 would create all sorts of interesting match ups between fighters going both up and down in weight. I wonder how tough the cut down to 125 is for Tate? It would be awesome to officially start that division by having the two champs fight for the belt (the winner surrendering the one she was holding.) I think Jedrzejczyk's striking would only be more effective at 125 as there aren't too many women at that weight who would have a reach advantage.

I wonder how tough the cut down to 125 is for Tate?.
Probably a bit tougher than it would have been 1-2 years ago. It seems like she added some weight in the recent past.

Would be interesting to see, if she'd really go down to 125 without need (= assuming she doesn't lose at 135).

I don't see Miesha moving down, or Joanna moving up to 125 as long as they have their belts. And I hope after what we've seen of Conor not defending his belt, the UFC won't let Champs fight at other weight classes. Plenty of good title defenses to be made for both weight classes.

I don't see Miesha moving down, or Joanna moving up to 125 as long as they have their belts. And I hope after what we've seen of Conor not defending his belt, the UFC won't let Champs fight at other weight classes. Plenty of good title defenses to be made for both weight classes.

Joanna has put it out in the past that she may retire earlier than otherwise if she can't eventually move to 125 lbs.

Finally! The concluding episode of "Do The Muscle" has come! This is a WMMA series by Vice Japan. For more details about the series, and to watch the previous episodes, go to the following thread:

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/w...do-the-muscle-series-is-now-complete.3074139/

In this episode:
One of the trainees has become afraid of MMA and quit, the other gets an amateur fight at DEEP Jewels. Invicta FC champion Ayaka Hamasaki is one of her sparring partners in preparation for the fight. Series conclusion. (use the cc button for subtitles)

If there was a Jedrzejczyk/Tate "superfight" at 125, I'd expect the winner would be required to surrender her current belt. I think it would be an interesting match up, but I certainly don't feel as though it would be necessary to generate interest in the new division. There are plenty of skilled and exciting fighters at that weight. I think It could easily carry itself without immediate "star power."

I wonder if this season's TUF would've been better off building a 125 division (instead of adding more fighters to a roster that doesn't always see a lot of action.) Then again, I don't think another champion-will-be-crowned season would necessarily be a good idea.

I'll quit speculating now and just keep my fingers crossed that they officially introduce that division soon.

Y'all Musta Forgot how dominant Joanna is over food based names and nicknames.

926.gif

If Tate were to return to 125, she'd most likely atrophy muscle since Cupcake's never been a fan of big weight cuts.

We could see Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs. Miesha Tate at 125 lbs. Miesha has said the she'd like to drop to 125 lbs if that division existed in the UFC.

Miesha Tate wants to fight at 125, but would fight Cyborg at 140, because 'that's my job'
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/5/1...ris-cyborg-catchweight-ronda-rousey-wmma-news

That was before she had the belt, and probably believe she could beat Ronda Rousey. She's too big now and her striking is actually moving to the point where she can hurt opponents with it (holm aside.)

Apparently this happened tonight. One punch flyweight knockout

Ariane Lipski. Anybody heard of her?

Very interesting prospect, has a number of KO's and TKO's on her record.

Outside of her KSW finish of Lubonska (which has already ben mentioned) here's a couple of her other finishes

Certainly has very decent power

Considering that both are 1 and 3 in their last four fights, I'm inclined to think that this fight may be crucial for both Eye and McMann. I have no idea how it will shake out. But for the sake of their careers, I hope they take chances and bring some excitement.

Considering that both are 1 and 3 in their last four fights, I'm inclined to think that this fight may be crucial for both Eye and McMann. I have no idea how it will shake out. But for the sake of their careers, I hope they take chances and bring some excitement.
The loser may end up in Invicta if cut. I don't really see any other option.

Sorry if this been already talked about somewhere, but I've been out of posting loop for a while (and figured this thread would provide the most reasonable answers)....

Now that Cyborg got her UFC gig and looked pretty dominant there, did that have an effect on her popularity? Could she pull people who "found" her with UFC 198 into watching the next Invicta event she headlines in any significant number and give exposure to the promotion and the other fighters?

Outside a potential spike in her social media giving us a hint, is there any way we could even make these guesses?

Sorry if this been already talked about somewhere, but I've been out of posting loop for a while (and figured this thread would provide the most reasonable answers)....

Now that Cyborg got her UFC gig and looked pretty dominant there, did that have an effect on her popularity? Could she pull people who "found" her with UFC 198 into watching the next Invicta event she headlines in any significant number and give exposure to the promotion and the other fighters?

Outside a potential spike in her social media giving us a hint, is there any way we could even make these guesses?
The likely consensus by the regulars here would be no. If her hardcore fans aren't subscribing to Fight Pass to see her, then I don't anticipate casuals to do so, either. Unfortunately, I believe the questionable choices Cyborg has made throughout her career really hurt her brand and marketability in promoting herself, Invicta (or any organization) or her division.

I am looking forward to seeing how the Penne/Andrade bout will shake out. I'm thinking that Penne's fantastic work on the ground will come into play. I'm not familiar with Andrade, but it's interesting that she was able to be competitive at Bantamweight. At only 5' 2", she must not have had to cut much weight. Is she known to be more of a striker? I read that she lost to Pennington via RNC (in her last fight), but I have no idea how the rest of the fight went.

It'll be great to see Penne back in the cage. She goes in there to get the job done, and Andrade seems to be of a similar persuasion. Hopefully, they'll have a far more exciting fight than the dud that we just saw with McMann and Eye.

I am looking forward to seeing how the Penne/Andrade bout will shake out. I'm thinking that Penne's fantastic work on the ground will come into play. I'm not familiar with Andrade, but it's interesting that she was able to be competitive at Bantamweight. At only 5' 2", she must not have had to cut much weight. Is she known to be more of a striker? I read that she lost to Pennington via RNC (in her last fight), but I have no idea how the rest of the fight went.

It'll be great to see Penne back in the cage. She goes in there to get the job done, and Andrade seems to be of a similar persuasion. Hopefully, they'll have a far more exciting fight than the dud that we just saw with McMann and Eye.
paint drying would be more fun than that fight.
penne should win that fight easily i think, andrade comes out strong but has major brainfarts that lead to losses.
edit; jessica eye got 25 grand for that "fight" ....thats 2500 per strike......perhaps she should have been paid per strike to begin with.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back