Official War Room Awards 2018

I'm not gonna split hairs here. I'll even throw in creme soda and call it a no lose situation. There's gonna be a range of goodness, but it's all good.
Can't argue with that. Just found birch beer recently and since I moved to Pennsylvania and I'm singing its praises every chance I get. It's got what I like about root beer without the drawbacks.

I get that the purpose of that question was kind of its meaningless-ness, but it is kind of insulting to sniper. Someone floated comparing you and I earlier, and that's groovy with me because you're intelligent and dope as hell. But if someone was polling me versus Sketch? I would be justifiably rustled.

Whaaaa

That was me who floated the idea, but you are still pretending to have me on ignore.

but then again so does Sniper. He's just more subtle about it,

And here I was thinking it more akin to wispy.

PIkprkZ.gif

Sketch has posted some of the funniest stuff i've ever seen on this site. One of the role models for my own shitposting a trolling development after finding the OT years ago. He rides ya'll in here, which really isn't any of my business, but then again so does Sniper. He's just more subtle about it, way more opportunistic/less partisan, and a lot less vitriolic.

*Blushes

A nature of your existence that has already begun to slide inside you. Once mentioned the path has commenced. Mr. Russler.... Now is the time to embrace what is known as the,"Archaic Genesis"
How could I forget to shout out senri in the WR Awards? Honestly you deserve your own award, the Nexus Award. P4P best gimmick on the forum.

Can't argue with that. Just found birch beer recently and since I moved to Pennsylvania and I'm singing its praises every chance I get. It's got what I like about root beer without the drawbacks.

Loved my time in PA. Hope it works out for you.

Hmm. That's a bit like comparing an onion and a banana.

They may go in the same political dish at times, or when the right issue is cooked bring up a mildly similar flavor, but their (RIP Homer) opinions and approach are fundamentally different.

As is their story and knowledge base - Trotsky is coming from an academic and deeply educated perspective, Fawlty from an educated but more realism (as a political measurement, the ideal vs the reality, not one is real and other fiction. The ideal leads the reality, the reality grounds the ideal.) based approach, and he shifted from kind of libertarian soft right to more freedom oriented and valuing left (at least last time I saw,) Trotsky is interested in a more future oriented approach (as his ideas and approach are more solidified) for improving on vast ideas as well, while Fawlty is kind of drawn to being interested in understanding more as he sails on the ship of discovery before reaching the port of political call.

Hmm, this is very eloquently put, but I would revise it a bit. Both Fawlty and I come from somewhat rough origins, so I would say that we both have at-least-average levels of realism. I would, however, agree that Fawlty is a bit more of a pragmatist than I am (except in the area of First Amendment law, where I would say he's more of an ideologue and I'm more of a pragmatist). But I think that reflects the fact that Fawlty is very empirically inclined, as I have always considered myself a pragmatist, even if a forward-looking one. I have actually wondered whether Fawlty has been over-influenced by Jack V Savage in that regard, because I often feel that Jack is less rigid than Fawlty now, even though JVS sometimes gets the reputation or gives off the impression of being a rigid empiricist.

When Fawlty and I started off several years ago, our political poles seemed (from my perspective) fairly similar (with different feelings) towards a few social issues, but both were interested in as much absolute freedom tempered with social need, tolerance, and kindness of the state as possible.

After that life experience and choices saw us radically diverge.

That's a genuinely strange statement to me, to be honest.

As @Fawlty can vouch, I named him as the most functionally libertarian poster on the board, which he disclaimed under the impression that I was calling him a right-libertarian.

There are rhetorical libertarians like Greoric and Cubo, and that kind of libertarianism is at best meaningless and at worst openly contradictory. But I would say that, functionally, Fawlty is or strives to be the most libertarian poster on this board.

And here I was thinking it more akin to wispy.

PIkprkZ.gif
He's like the internet version of a sea cucumber. Not going anywhere, not going to get riled up, and just sort of makes the best out of filtering whatever passes by.

Sketch has posted some of the funniest stuff i've ever seen on this site. One of the role models for my own shitposting and trolling development after finding the OT years ago. He rides ya'll in here, which really isn't any of my business, but then again so does Sniper. He's just more subtle about it, way more opportunistic/less partisan, and a lot less vitriolic.

We have all heard insinuations that @sniper is a troll, and I'm 50/50 about it, but the fact of the matter in terms of community is that sniper is good for productive discourse and Sketch is not. Sniper expresses his thoughts, maybe shrugs off the discussion entirely, but he doesn't nip or distract the conversation.

And it's entirely possible that sniper is a giant troll that is playing my bleeding heart, but I like the guy or the character he plays. Sketch's character is like the annoying little brother who is only there to be annoying and you can't understand how he doesn't have more fulfilling things to do.

Just a typo. I honestly can't remember the last time I said it out loud. But I'd pronounce the "r" if I did.

I like wine and cocktails about equally. Generally have one glass of either (not both) after I'm done working for the day and two on weekends.

My pretentious law school friends, almost all of whom were born wealthy, gave me shit saying it was pronounced that way in French (it's not). That really stuck in my craw, not only because I'm a leftist, but because I come from a working class background. So, pretty frequently in my life, I would actually mispronounce words that I had only read in books or online but had never heard spoken.

I honestly never drink cocktails, and frankly only know a handful of them, besides the occasional white Russian. I'm purely whiskey on the rocks and cheap lager.

I know how it's written, but I can't pronounce it properly. Luckily I don't need to.

I'm an independent.

So am I. I didn't say you were a member of the Libertarian Party. I said you subscribed to rhetorical libertarianism (as does Greoric and IReallyDoFightUFC) which is mostly defined by right-libertarianism here in the states. A good example of that would be your post about campaign finance.

Hmm, this is very eloquently put, but I would revise it a bit. Both Fawlty and I come from somewhat rough origins, so I would say that we both have at-least-average levels of realism. I would, however, agree that Fawlty is a bit more of a pragmatist than I am (except in the area of First Amendment law, where I would say he's more of an ideologue and I'm more of a pragmatist). But I think that reflects the fact that Fawlty is very empirically inclined, as I have always considered myself a pragmatist, even if a forward-looking one. I have actually wondered whether Fawlty has been over-influenced by Jack V Savage in that regard, because I often feel that Jack is less rigid than Fawlty now, even though JVS sometimes gets the reputation or gives off the impression of being a rigid empiricist.

That's a genuinely strange statement to me, to be honest.

As @Fawlty can vouch, I named him as the most functionally libertarian poster on the board, which he disclaimed under the impression that I was calling him a right-libertarian.

There are rhetorical libertarians like Greoric and Cubo, and that kind of libertarianism is at best meaningless and at worst openly contradictory. But I would say that, functionally, Fawlty is or strives to be the most libertarian poster on this board.

<JagsKiddingMe>

<Dany07><Dany07><Dany07>

One of my favorites as well, so I accept the nomination on @Limbo Pete's behalf
Hey Sketch wants to know who you would choose if instead of picking between him and sniper if it was between him and Palis?
Sketch has posted some of the funniest stuff i've ever seen on this site. One of the role models for my own shitposting and trolling development after finding the OT years ago. He rides ya'll in here, which really isn't any of my business, but then again so does Sniper. He's just more subtle about it, way more opportunistic/less partisan, and a lot less vitriolic.
That's a fair assessment. I like fewer of @Sketch's posts relative to @sniper or even most posters but the ones that are good are often really great and way above average.

When you see me call that pack liars, you now have an idea of what I'm referring to. That sort of misrepresentation is nonstop from that crew. :rolleyes:

Always look for me asking for quotes and them not providing.

<seedat>
I'm sure they're just trying to get a rise out of you.

Hey Sketch wants to know who you would choose if instead of picking between him and sniper if it was between him and Palis?

Hahahahaha, that is a really good question.

I would probably pick Sketch because I definitely know that he definitely knows that he's trolling and trying to get a rise out of people. I don't really understand the appeal of that, but I get that it's a thing. For Palis, I actually think it's more likely that he's just that stupid, but I also gave him a similar benefit of the doubt before, which you can see if you search "Palis + harmless/innocuous").

We have all heard insinuations that @sniper is a troll, and I'm 50/50 about it, but the fact of the matter in terms of community is that sniper is good for productive discourse and Sketch is not. Sniper expresses his thoughts, maybe shrugs off the discussion entirely, but he doesn't nip or distract the conversation.

And it's entirely possible that sniper is a giant troll that is playing my bleeding heart, but I like the guy or the character he plays. Sketch's character is like the annoying little brother who is only there to be annoying and you can't understand how he doesn't have more fulfilling things to do.
Sniper is trolling 100% of the time, bud. Or at least close to it.
About everything.

@Lead You're a sick SOB for the Sketch vs Sniper category. I see what you've done here.

He didn't say that from what I read, and it sure doesn't sound like him. But if he did, I disagree! Next time I see him I'll remove his fingernails with a pair of pliers.

On the other hand, you're right, he is my "boy". Genuine people with interesting life experience are something of a treasure, I've learned. Fuck it, you know what, I'll probably just continue not giving a shit if he says something on the internet that I disagree with.

I actually will side with @Cubo de Sangre that he didn't say (verbatim) that on this topic here. He enabled it, perhaps knowing that persons dafter than he bought it, but he didn't say it. He did say it with regard to Clinton in the 2016 election. And, if I'm being honest, that is more defensible than is the case here, since Mueller is pretty undeniably spotless and Clinton was mired in a shit storm of gossip.

However, Cubo is still lacking in a lot of ways. And the idea of Cubo being trusted over JVS is laughable. Fawlty? Maybe, but only if it's from shit-flinging.