Official War Room Awards 2018

Seriously, e.g. Best Poster needs people to choose from a list. There are posters who consistently bring quality like @Prokofievian but maybe aren't as active as e.g. @panamaican (who is a fantastic poster and would deserve the win), so they aren't on top of the list just coming up with names on a blank sheet but might get votes if people looked at the list.
I see what you're saying, but it sounds like more of a headache than i'm willing to deal with. You can also run into issues of vote packing when stuff goes off site.

What I never understood: why only nominations? Why no vote afterwards?

It's the WR way to take a positive topic and have it degrade into a derail/ shit posting within a few pages of the thread.

Noms work fairly easy and keep it simpler even if it might not be as accurate.

I actually always laugh at that. It's like going to family for the holidays. You know the same dynamic is just going to play out for better or worse but the tradition makes it feel like home.

I see what you're saying, but it sounds like more of a headache than i'm willing to deal with. You can also run into issues of vote packing when stuff goes off site.
Ok well just do polls for the big award Tinkerbell

It's the WR way to take a positive topic and have it degrade into a derail/ shit posting within a few pages of the thread.

Noms work fairly easy and keep it simpler even if it might not be as accurate.

I actually always laugh at that. It's like going to family for the holidays. You know the same dynamic is just going to play out for better or worse but the tradition makes it feel like home.

I keep telling y'all we need to make a Festivus thread but nooooooooo.

We could have feats of strength like talking evolution with @Ripskater or explaining to @Trotsky that the kulaks absolutely deserved worse. Any man who can go through those tribulations is truly worthy of airing his grievances and decorating the pole.

I've been practicing my daps, and I've got the tight shit signifying.

I deserve the Most Likely to Dap award for excellence in the field of Dapology.

tenor.gif

I have a Ph.D in black people, and I see no problems with this post.

Dapology is an intense discipline. You supposed to hug after you dap up? Is the head nod an acceptable substitute if you're in a rush? Fist in shoulder blades, yay or nay?

It's almost as intensive as Chitterling Sciences, and that's saying something.

@sodapopinski still is the best poster that doesn't post here anymore

@Madmick for most improved mod, good all-round

@_spin for most contrarian

Most narcisstic @Trotsky and @splendica

Hottest tempers (but getting better) @Fawlty and @splendica

Most anti-cop: @JosephDredd and @Leagon

Biggest Trumper @splendica p.s.: commies and extremists in here, don't gulag me or ISIS me if you get power k thx

@Seano , @Lucifer Alpha , @Amerikuracana , @Devout Pessimist - 4 quietly underrated posters IMO

Recently obsessed with white supremacy . . . I want to name names but I'll back away

Taqqiya practicers lol - nvm

The best posters list:

@Ripskater , @Hognoxious , @Contra-dictator , @IngaVovchanchyn , @Warlord Palis , @Don Quixote @uppercutbus , @Cint , @Zer , @JamesRussler , @HockeyBjj , @Bald1 , @Fugazy , @glenwo2 , @Lead , @Revolver , @Peteyandjia , @Arkain2K , @JudoThrowFiasco , @GearSolidMetal , @Lucifer Alpha , @LogicalInsanity , @Teppodama , @Jackie Blue , @Bargey , @bushman505 , @Protectandserve, @dontsnitch , @Cubo de Sangre , @Seano , @irish_thug , @Captain Davis , @EradiatedHaggis , @Whippy McGee , @HunterSdVa29 , @Goonerview , @HereticBD , @Son of Jamin , @Oeshon , @JSN , @WhitebeltXL , @BoxingFan653 , @HeLLMuTT , @Revolver , @Cuzcatlan , @sniper , @Pessimystic , @Devout Pessimist , @Scheme, @Sketch , @DragRacer , @sangreporsangre , @Rematch , @2DUM2TAP , @BearGrounds , @JbModest , @Yorkist , @abiG , @lifelessheap , @Post Mortem , @ElKarlo , @sleepwalk , @The ScorpioN , @Kitafuji , @Ayin , @b-hop , @Rygu , @sublimeonskunk , @TurboHolocaust , @S Class , @Liquid Smoke , @Fedor's NO.1 Fan , @AlexDB9 , @grimballer , @Greoric , @squeezewax , @Seaside , @MadSquabbles500 , @KeepItRealist , @Kvolcom , @tkotom , @Lord Coke , @wufabufa , @grizzard2bid , @Clippy , @TeTe , @Zankou, @Armbars , @TheHigherPower , @Surgetech , @Malvo, @oldshadow, @Rholk, @Cmart , @Dolomite, @evansusmc2, @TheWorm, @mcveteran81, @Strychnine, @GhostZ06 , @InternetHero, @TheGreatA, @Sara, @ShadowRun, @oleDirtyBast4rd , @RR , @dfoster , @Farmer Br0wn, @nostradumbass , @IDL, @Metusalemi, @Prutfis , @pinger , @cincymma79 , @SRN

If you didn't make the list you probably get an A for being a progressive with a note of "room for further excellence :)."

There's also a possibility I forgot your name, in which case, my apologies.

Can't remember the last time that I posted in The War Room but thanks for the mention. I'm sure it was good.

Dapology is an intense discipline. You supposed to hug after you dap up? Is the head nod an acceptable substitute if you're in a rush? Fist in shoulder blades, yay or nay?

l@nd0

Are you supposed to hug after you dap up?
- not necessarily. It's a regional thing. East coast, you maintain a slight distance throughout. West coast daps are far more fruity.

Is the head nod an acceptable substitute if you're in a rush?
-absolutely, you won't run into very many who will call you out on something so nitpicky. Unless you you into a Daps professor.

Fist in shoulder blades, yay or nay?
-Again, regional, but less so. Goes with the hug most of the time, whereupon the dappers bring it in for completion.

You sound ready for University level courses.

I went through an extensive period of my life where I spent more money on booze than rent. There's a reason I got into brewing.
Is it actually cheaper to brew your own? Craft beer can be pricey, but if you stick to not-quite-so-micro brews like Sierra Nevada, you can usually get it at a good price.

If you change your post-per-page settings he only gets bitchy about not reading 32 pages.

If you print the thread on continuous forms, he only gets bitchy about not reading 1 page.

If you put him on ignore, he does not get bitchy at all. <seedat>

Best TS-- It's hard to deny that @Arkain2K makes good threads, even if he does get bitchy about people not reading all 79 pages before they post.

I don't really dig the copy-and-pasting news stories that we've all read already anyway. And the stories highlighted don't tend to move me. And then his stewardship of his own threads is subpar.

• Best All Around Poster - @panamaican - writes intelligently, explains his opinions thoughtfully, doesn't shit post, doesn't suffer fools
  • Worst All Around Poster - @Cint for turning the meme thread into his personal litter box, does not contribute to the forum in any other way
  • Best TS - @JosephDredd would have been my choice, but his activity has dropped off a lot over the last couple of months. No one really stands out at the moment
  • Worst TS - @TidWell - usually some racebaiting or anti-sjw baby seal beating
  • Best Thread - @Quipling for the ongoing Mueller thread
  • Drunkest poster - @AgonyandIrony - his drunk posting antics usually goes beyond simple "I'm drunk right now" posts.
  • Worst user name - @lfd0311 - like, wtf dude? Maybe @Pelosi2016 as a runner up for loss of relevance
  • Best user name - @JudoThrowFiasco - Hell yeah!
  • Rookie of the Year - @NoDak - came out of nowhere and instantly made an impression on the forum
  • Best Feud - Homer vs Crave - some of the best drama in years
  • Best Quote - @Ophydian - "if Donald Trump wanted to lock Hillary up he should had made her part of his cabinet."
  • Most Likely to Get Banned in 2019 - @Hognoxious if he even makes it to 2019
  • Sketch or Sniper? - @sniper
Other Categories:
Best Shitposter - @Warlord Palis - There are a lot of bad shit posters, but Palis is a pretty good one
Worst Shitposter - @cincymma79 - "This is it"
Best Gimmick - @senri - my cortex is nearly pliable enough to secrete nexus juice
Best CT - @TheComebackKid for the "Black people aren't from Africa" one

I’m afraid you do not get a passing grade here sir.

My black people knowledge, while not supported by a certificate of any kind, is pretty thorough. Years of experience in close proximity of said subjects, has given me the street knowledge to be fluent in Ebonics, as well as, a personality expert.

The dab is a style of hip hop dance that is executed when an individual drops their head in to the inside of the elbow of one arm while raising the opposite arm into the air.

giphy.gif

Dap is a friendly gesture of greeting, agreement, or solidarity between two people that has become popular in western cultures, particularly since the 1970s, originating from African American communities.

tumblr_ob6pmgJUzR1r94h9do1_400.gif

Last edited:
  • Best All Around Poster - PolishHeadlock, Bald1, Panamaican
  • Worst All Around Poster - nobody here is that bad IMO
  • Best TS -Arkain2k or whatever that guy's name is
  • Worst TS - more a mayberry cat IMO
  • Best Thread - Midterm election thread
  • Best Mod - All the WR mods are pretty legit IMO, although I've never been dubbed/reported or reported someone else so I don't have problems w/ any of them.
  • Rookie of the Year -NoDak
  • Best Feud - JVS/Greoric feud is always funny
  • Best Quote - "There were no classified emails on Wiener's computer" Jack v. Savage
  • Most Likely to Get Banned in 2019 - any of the people that constantly bring up race for no reason
  • Sketch or Sniper? Sketch, that guy is hilarious

• Best All Around Poster - @panamaican - writes intelligently, explains his opinions thoughtfully, doesn't shit post, doesn't suffer fools
  • Worst All Around Poster - @Cint for turning the meme thread into his personal litter box, does not contribute to the forum in any other way
  • Best TS - @JosephDredd would have been my choice, but his activity has dropped off a lot over the last couple of months. No one really stands out at the moment
  • Worst TS - @TidWell - usually some racebaiting or anti-sjw baby seal beating
  • Best Thread - @Quipling for the ongoing Mueller thread
  • Drunkest poster - @AgonyandIrony - his drunk posting antics usually goes beyond simple "I'm drunk right now" posts.
  • Worst user name - @lfd0311 - like, wtf dude? Maybe @Pelosi2016 as a runner up for loss of relevance
  • Best user name - @JudoThrowFiasco - Hell yeah!
  • Rookie of the Year - @NoDak - came out of nowhere and instantly made an impression on the forum
  • Best Feud - Homer vs Crave - some of the best drama in years
  • Best Quote - @Ophydian - "if Donald Trump wanted to lock Hillary up he should had made her part of his cabinet."
  • Most Likely to Get Banned in 2019 - @Hognoxious if he even makes it to 2019
  • Sketch or Sniper? - @sniper
Other Categories:
Best Shitposter - @Warlord Palis - There are a lot of bad shit posters, but Palis is a pretty good one
Worst Shitposter - @cincymma79 - "This is it"
Best Gimmick - @senri - my cortex is nearly pliable enough to secrete nexus juice
Best CT - @TheComebackKid for the "Black people aren't from Africa" one

Thanks, guy.

I think it was the best thing for the forum and for him personally.

But yeah that was pretty legendary.

Good job guys. Should be some kind of award/category for that.
What thread was that in?