Official UFC 197 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Initial strong leans:
Jones, MM, Whittaker, Vick, de Lima, Lee

Very underwhelming card tho somehow for me.

I'm gonna really be tempted by Kelades by dec if that line is heavy into + odds. Dude is a scrapper who puts a pace on dudes, and Pettis slows down. If Kelades can make this a dog fight from the start he could either be a good live bet opportunity or do just enough to win the last 2 rounds

My shitty bookie does not have decision/ko/sub lines but it does not matter... just keep it simple.

I love Barboza as the underdog. He is +140 (I expected him a little better but Pettis lost a lot of hype).
Edson seems to fold with guys who close the distance and outbox him or put a terrible pressure on him. Pettis wont do either.
I think Edson is faster, stronger, better boxer (yes, he improved his boxing a lot) and him being caught by a kick seems unlikely since his kicking game is outstanding.
Pettis has better BJJ but I dont see him taking this to the ground.

I agree the over 2.5 at +100 looks good to, but I prefer to bet the fighter I see winning at +140.

Im going to watch tape these days and maybe change my mind.. this is by far the best fight of the card IMO.

BTW... Jones and MM are getting gimme fights. They are unplayable but they should smoke their opponents.

def could be. I thought I saw Shogun rush in and OSP just evade him and Shogun slipped and fell on his bum.

If Shogun slipped then Aldo also ''slipped'' against McGregor.

I dunno, this Barb-Pettis fight. Barboza hasn't beaten the upper crust and I think Pettis is still that. Staring at a possible 3 losses in a row I think Pettis fights like his world is on fire. Also, I hated the Alvarez decision with all of my existence, leaning on him for the win. Just hated it (i.e. I wish I bet it lol).
I like the idea of a world-class kicking fight too, but why would Pettis play into that? I can see them engaging, clinging/hugging, falling down, scrambling but staying down and Pettis cinching something sneaky and subbing him.

The odds are very appealing, no doubt, but I think for once the bookies have it precisely right on how to price this one to trap us.

His last fight, OSP injured his foot rd 1
Did anyone lb against him ?

Barboza dec currently +284 on 5d. I hit it earlier at +265 and just added at the current price. To me it's where the best value is on this fight.

I'm gonna really be tempted by Kelades by dec if that line is heavy into + odds. Dude is a scrapper who puts a pace on dudes, and Pettis slows down. If Kelades can make this a dog fight from the start he could either be a good live bet opportunity or do just enough to win the last 2 rounds

I am kinda leaning the same way. Do you think Keledes will look to put lil' Pettis on his back? Seems to me that Sergio has very mediocre tdd like his older brother but unlike his older brother doesn't have the nifty guard and can be pretty easily controlled.

Keledes dec could be a nice play here at the right price.

I am kinda leaning the same way. Do you think Keledes will look to put lil' Pettis on his back? Seems to me that Sergio has very mediocre tdd like his older brother but unlike his older brother doesn't have the nifty guard and can be pretty easily controlled.

Keledes dec could be a nice play here at the right price.
Definitely expect Kelades to push forward, get in the clinch and get it to the mat. Or at least try to. I really like that he fought Beal last too, since hes extremely similar.

I got a lot of stakes in Robert Whittaker ITD and KO at various prices. Nothing on his ML. I think he's got a pretty clean jab and a mean left hook that'll end Natal. He's slightly undersized but he's a young fella and also what he lacks in size he makes up in speed. Natal has moments where he switches stances and finds angles on his leg kicks and hooks but it's a defensive liability and I expect Whittaker to find that opening and blitz(krieg) him when Natal transitions.

Unrelated -
Sometimes we gotta spend that hard earned gambling money on whatever makes you happy right ?!

I'm gonna make my trek out to Coachella Music Festival so I'ma be absent from the event this week. I might try and catch the festival wifi and uhh illegal stream a few prelims so if any Sherdogger wants to find me out there feel free and PM me. I'll be with the good-vibe-tribe camped out near the entrance. Let's talk fights !

NuTLreG.jpg

Hope you guys are correct about Whittaker, I've had my heart broken many a time over up and coming Aussie fighters (RIP George Sot) :(

I dunno, this Barb-Pettis fight. Barboza hasn't beaten the upper crust and I think Pettis is still that. Staring at a possible 3 losses in a row I think Pettis fights like his world is on fire. Also, I hated the Alvarez decision with all of my existence, leaning on him for the win. Just hated it (i.e. I wish I bet it lol).
I like the idea of a world-class kicking fight too, but why would Pettis play into that? I can see them engaging, clinging/hugging, falling down, scrambling but staying down and Pettis cinching something sneaky and subbing him.

The odds are very appealing, no doubt, but I think for once the bookies have it precisely right on how to price this one to trap us.

Highly doubt it Barbs tdd is very good.

I'm going against the grain big time on this event.

Pettis is the nightmare matchup for Barboza, who isn't very good in opposite stance situations (whereas Pettis is great in them). I expect Pettis to piece him up from south paw, and Barb won't know what to do when he is losing from kicking range. A finish is likely imo. I'm fairly large on this one.

I hit the over 2.5 on the Jones fight at +190 for 1u. I just don't see why everyone thinks OSP is getting finished so early. The taller the guy is the less Jones seems to push forward. The ground is definitely a problem, but I think that OSP will have more respect for the TDs than against Glover.

I am all over Fili as the dog. He just has more ways to win: can grind it out, and I expect him to outstrike Yair as well. He put up a great performance against a dangerous southpaw in Benitez last time. Huge on this one.

Hope you guys are correct about Whittaker, I've had my heart broken many a time over up and coming Aussie fighters (RIP George Sot) :(

I think he's a solid dude and respectable fighter. He does get hit though but I like his style he's fun to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back