*Official Tom Hardy Appreciation Thread*

Underrated movie:

tom-hardy-lawless-poster2.jpg

I like him, but the only movie of his I loved, was The Drop. 9/10 movie for me. One of my favourite movies of the last decade.

I liked The Revenant too, but I think I liked Leo in that one better. The Batman one he was in was aiight too. All the others have been sort of men too me.

Tried to watch the first episode and got bored. Does it pick up alot? Or is it a slow burning drama?

There's not action every episode but I wouldn't consider it a slow drama. I think it took me a couple tries to get through the first episode. I don't remember if it was because it was boring though. Just that it took a minute to get settled in with the characters and for a storyline to grab my attention. By the 2nd or 3rd episode, I was hooked.

giphy.gif

Badass mofo ... loved this movie. Such a shame Mad Max was meh , had so much potential yet it failed to deliver... not his fault tho.

He totally stole the show in The Revenant for me. Love him.

Almost brought a tear to my eye. It's impressive that this is the same person who played the charismatic Eames and Bane.

He's 5'8? For some reason I thought he was much taller.

TDKR was ruined by the Robin stand in and Talia getting more screen time and lessening Bane's impact.

640x0_p1a8umdb8v1mgc1ubgk4a16vb17cg3.jpg
I'm all aboard Hardy as Wolverine train

It as alright but seemed to drag on at points for me. And some scenes were downright unbelievable.

Again, The Drop was my favourite by quite a margin.

I loved Lawless. Recently rewatched it, didn't find it draggy at all. Love that character Hardy put together as well. To each their own.

Agree on The Drop though, I saw that one in the theater. That was the most underrated movie of that year imo.

The Drop is his best work. Fantastic ending too

I loved Lawless. Recently rewatched it, didn't find it draggy at all. Love that character Hardy put together as well. To each their own.

Agree on The Drop though, I saw that one in the theater. That was the most underrated movie of that year imo.

I might have to watch Lawless again.

But the last scene was the one I found particularly difficult to digest from a believability stand-point.

I didn't find the film too bad, again, probably needs a rewatch.

I liked his performance in The Take as the sadistic English gangster Freddy.

The scene where he talks to his son about killing little Jimmy is incredible.

I might have to watch Lawless again.

But the last scene was the one I found particularly difficult to digest from a believability stand-point.

I didn't find the film too bad, again, probably needs a rewatch.

I love the atmosphere of Lawless, written by Nick Cave btw, who also wrote The Proposition.

Here's the review I wrote about The Drop right after watching it btw, in case yer interested:

http://forums.sherdog.com/posts/98850461/

^^
Funny enough, I don't totally agree with myself from a few years ago anymore. I since rewatched The Drop as well, and absolutely loved it all over again. The little things I bitched about at the time didn't bother me as much, it is a great movie.

My favorite Hardy fiilm is Locke, anyone who likes his work should defnitely check it out. Made Ryan Reynold's performance in Buried (which was pretty good) look like an amateur monologue.

I love Tom Hardy. Everything he does is great.

I love the atmosphere of Lawless, written by Nick Cave btw, who also wrote The Proposition.

Here's the review I wrote about The Drop right after watching it btw, in case yer interested:

http://forums.sherdog.com/posts/98850461/

^^
Funny enough, I don't totally agree with myself from a few years ago anymore. I since rewatched The Drop as well, and absolutely loved it all over again. The little things I bitched about at the time didn't bother me as much, it is a great movie.

Good write-up. I particularly agree with the spoiler about the ending. Phenomenal. Actually when I think about I think its one of my favourite movies - like top 20 at least. I'm not really a fan of the actress from The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo series, but she played her role quite believably. And Hardy was awesome in the role.

Back