Official T-City Ortega War Train! The beginning of a new era UPDATED FROM JUNE

He's proven he can be as patient as any fighter I've ever seen. He only needs a small oppurtunity to snatch a limb or get that big momentum shift via grappling or 1 shot kill with his power. Im so invested in this fight! Cant wait

If Ortega comes out with a great blast double, I'll shit my pants and forever preach his greatness. That would be genius—Just stand and bang with everyone on your path to the tine, then shoot a blast double in your champion ship fight.

Last edited:
If Ortega comes out with a great blast double, I'll shit my pants and forever preach his greatness. That would be genius—Just stand and bang with everyone on your path to the tine, then shoot a blast double in your champion ship fight.
You have to think the game plan is to take max ouy of his wheelhouse. Don't be shocked to see him make it ugly and try to wrestle right out of the gate. One mistake while grappling is all it takes for him to end the fight. I predict more wrestling in the plan then he ever has implemented on his way to the title.

Ortega is tough, but let's not forget that the Blessed Era is still at it's peak. Can't wait for this fight to be honest.

Ortega is tough, but let's not forget that the Blessed Era is still at it's peak. Can't wait for this fight to be honest.
Its a better matchup then the super fight imho. Has FOTY written all over it. Neither 0f these guys fight for points. I expect kill or be killed mentality for as long as it last. Ortega has more routes to win, but its so hard to count out max at this point. Ortega capitalizes on every opening he sees tho. Thats the x factor to my confidence in him winning. Respect both guys but its time for a new king at 45! War t-city

Top 5 striker in the division? You think he's better than Aldo, Zabit, Yair, MJ and Max? Wasn't he getting badly beat on the feet by Moicano til he pulled off the Hail Mary? His win against Cub was great, but he did it with his jitz and was getting touched up on the feet. His ability to take punishment and then POUNCE is what makes him so good, and tho his striking has come far, I just don't see it being anywhere near new breed beasts like Zabit.

We will see over these next couple days tho, as this fight should be as good a litmus test as any.

I believe the UFC has Tcitys reach fucked up. Only 69" reach? Seems wrong.

Its a better matchup then the super fight imho. Has FOTY written all over it. Neither 0f these guys fight for points. I expect kill or be killed mentality for as long as it last. Ortega has more routes to win, but its so hard to count out max at this point. Ortega capitalizes on every opening he sees tho. Thats the x factor to my confidence in him winning. Respect both guys but its time for a new king at 45! War t-city
A huge advantage that a guy like Maia, Werdum and T- City have is that even when hurt, most guys won't follow them to the ground. They basically have a "free time out card " in the form of a butt flop.

Top 5 striker in the division? You think he's better than Aldo, Zabit, Yair, MJ and Max? Wasn't he getting badly beat on the feet by Moicano til he pulled off the Hail Mary? His win against Cub was great, but he did it with his jitz and was getting touched up on the feet. His ability to take punishment and then POUNCE is what makes him so good, and tho his striking has come far, I just don't see it being anywhere near new breed beasts like Zabit.

We will see over these next couple days tho, as this fight should be as good a litmus test as any.
His improvement in between each fight is astounding. Watch the difference in his distance control and counters against Tavares, moicano, cub, and frankie. By the max fight he will prove his top 5 striking ranking. Finishing frankie puts him above most as well. Aldo butchers people on the feet and ortega stopped him in 4 minutes, aldo couldn't in 50

A huge advantage that a guy like Maia, Werdum and T- City have is that even when hurt, most guys won't follow them to the ground. They basically have a "free time out card " in the form of a butt flop.
Rener has made a great formula to adapt jitz into effective as possible mma jitz. Rener and danaher always have amazed me with knowing who to apply which skills to certain pupils. Ortega soaks up every knowledge from each coach he has. But none more then his hero rener. Im amped for this matchup regarldess of the final result

His improvement in between each fight is astounding. Watch the difference in his distance control and counters against Tavares, moicano, cub, and frankie. By the max fight he will prove his top 5 striking ranking. Finishing frankie puts him above most as well. Aldo butchers people on the feet and ortega stopped him in 4 minutes, aldo couldn't in 50
Yah, the Frankie fight was astounding and unexpected, but the question also is: how much has Father Time affected Frankie and is he equipped to deal with these new breed massive featherweights? Beating T Rex armed chinned out Chad is different than beating a giant FW like T-City. Frankie's whole game of pressure and using his wrestling was shut down, as he had to worry about the BJJ of Ortega. Against Cub, Frankie was actually losing on the feet the first time until he started mixing in his wrestling. When a striker has to worry about the takedown, everything changes - but the same is true when the wrestler can not use his wrestling (I.e Doom vs Velasquez).

With Max, he will certainly want to contest the fight only on the feet and is most comfortable there too and won't have to worry about the TD threat that Chad, Frankie or even Lamas would show. Also, Ortega and Max won't have the size advantage for one of the first times, and when Max gave up the reach to Conor, he looked average. What I think is most amazing about this fight is that it is the first time we have ever seen two new breed feathers going head to head for the title, no longer the old guard vs old guard or old guard vs new guard. If he beats Max, there can be no more questions.

Yah, the Frankie fight was astounding and unexpected, but the question also is: how much has Father Time affected Frankie and is he equipped to deal with these new breed massive featherweights? Beating T Rex armed chinned out Chad is different than beating a giant FW like T-City. Frankie's whole game of pressure and using his wrestling was shut down, as he had to worry about the BJJ of Ortega. Against Cub, Frankie was actually losing on the feet the first time until he started mixing in his wrestling. When a striker has to worry about the takedown, everything changes - but the same is true when the wrestler can not use his wrestling (I.e Doom vs Velasquez).

With Max, he will certainly want to contest the fight only on the feet and is most comfortable there too and won't have to worry about the TD threat that Chad, Frankie or even Lamas would show. Also, Ortega and Max won't have the size advantage for one of the first times, and when Max gave up the reach to Conor, he looked average. What I think is most amazing about this fight is that it is the first time we have ever seen two new breed feathers going head to head for the title, no longer the old guard vs old guard or old guard vs new guard. If he beats Max, there can be no more questions.
A-level post! Agree with all points. I see a wrestling heavy plan from ortega early. All he needs is one slip up from max to end it. All max needs is 1 misstep from Brian on the feey to change the fight as well. Both are capable in all aspects of the game so fireworks are a guarantee! The fans win regardless of who people are rooting for in the end

Ortega has heavy hands as does Max so that sides even but the grappling isn't even remotely close.
WARTEGA

It could go like Moicano fight. Moicano easily had the better striking, but its those intangibles that you got to factor in. Ortega is ruthless, hits heavy, and has his head in the game. If the fight goes five, I got Ortega with a finish. Way too much time to be fighting someone trying to end the fight. I'd favor Max in a three rounder, but give him the slight edge in general. But wouldn't be shocked if Max goads Ortega into an brawl and gets slumped. You don't play around with fighters like Ortega. You gotta beat them from post to post.

Can't wait for Max to shut down this hype train. Ortega might be undefeated but he lost a shit load of rounds.
Dude's a fluke contender cause of his absurd weight cut. Fuck him.
I guess his shit technique and timing wasn't good enough for you when he KO'd Frankie? Fuck you. Take your worthless shit opinion out of here.

Can't find good odds on T-City ITD, anyone wanna recommend a site

Back