OFFICIAL (Sanctioned) GGG/Jacobs PBP Thread

He's bigger, no question. That's boxing. If you're great, you figure it out. Jacobs comfortably made 160 and had more energy in the 12th. For me, Golovkin isn't a great MW. He's a very good fighter and a quality person, but he's short of MW greatness in my books. He can remedy that position in the future, though.

He's beaten everyone that's been willing to get in the ring with him and has essentially unified a division through either fights or forfeits. What more would he have to do to be considered great? Physically drag Canela into the ring and start throwing punches whether he agrees to the or not?

I got it 116-111 Jacobs.

I think this was a classic. I dount the judges are going to give it to Jacobs.

116-111 JACOBS?

This couldn't be worse if you gave Hatton a 116-111 decision over Mayweather.

I did not score the fight but few notes:
-Both fighters showed excellent jab
-Jacobs corner work was one the best seen in a long time
-GGG was stalking but could not let his shots go
-GGG should have tried to land everywhere, especially to the body
-Jacobs boxed a good fight
-I underestimated Jacobs, he is the goods and has a great future in boxing

There will probably be a rehydration clause if Canelo vs Jacobs happens .

This is a great fight for film study on GGG , I wonder if the fan boys will say GGG let Jacobs hit him for big drama show .

116-111 JACOBS?

This couldn't be worse if you gave Hatton a 116-111 decision over Mayweather.
I gave Golovkin round 12 on review. 115/112.

Golovkin lost that fight IMO.

Big of you since GGG landed more power punches in the 12th than Jacobs landed total punches.

Opinions vary, but the only way you get 116-111 for Jacobs at any point in this is if you had your mind made up going into the fight.

Haha. Yeah avoiding singing is always good.

I don't have any problem with that opinion nor anyone who thought GGG won a close fight. I think Danny wins a more decisive rematch and then there's possibly a trilogy there. It may have to be at a catch weight though because Danny isnt going to be able to get to 60 much longer. We can get a second fight in but not a 3rd as we have to factor Canelo in the equation.

Thanks dude. Appreciate it
Yeah, a little more work early and no KD will force the judges to go your way in a rematch. I dont see how much more Golovkin can bring to the table next time. From an "eye test" perspective I thought Danny won but in close fights and a "name guy" stuff like this happens. No way a robbery but the KD did him no favors. I was like "aaaah man, this might cost him" when it happened. Please tell your guy he has a lot of supporters here. And thanks for being such an active member.

Big of you since GGG landed more power punches in the 12th than Jacobs landed total punches.

Opinions vary, but the only way you get 116-111 for Jacobs at any point in this is if you had your mind made up going into the fight.
Relax. I just said I revised my score to 115/112. Don't quote me if you aren't going to pay attention when I respond.

I paid attention but 115-112 is still pretty egregious. Other than the knockdown, you think GGG only won 3 rounds?

Edit: So the knockdown, the 12th.....

I'm hoping the third....

And I'll guess the 8th.

He actually scored it throughout the thread and doesn't just make up a score after the fight like most people do.

115-112 is one round off 114-113 (which is what I had it tho I wasn't watching quite as closely at the end because I thought GGG needed a finish to win) so I don't see how that's some massive stretch. Look back in the thread if you wanna see what rounds Seano gave him.

It was a close fight but if anyone should have won a little wide it was Danny. It was clear he was outboxing GGG for long stretches and even GGG looked dejected post fight.

Respect to both guys and I would actually favor Danny to win much more clearly in a rematch (had GGG as a slight for this one).

I paid attention but 115-112 is still pretty egregious. Other than the knockdown, you think GGG only won 3 rounds?

Edit: So the knockdown, the 12th.....

I'm hoping the third....

And I'll guess the 8th.
I don't care what you guess. I'll tell you what gets tiresome is people getting all pissy about scores like you are. Big fucking deal. Someone scored it differently than you did. What do you want, a medal?

I'm on mobile and the thread is 74 pages long. Searching for round by rounds isn't something that's going to happen.

I was unaware that discussing and disagreeing was getting pissy. I thought this was a place to talk about boxing. If I had seen 115-112 or 116-111 from Jacobs from anyone else or from an official judge I'd say the same thing.

Sometimes people see what they want to see. It's whatever. Sorry that disagreeing sits so poorly.

Woooow you had 1-4 for GGG? That's impressive. I had it 3-1 myself for danny which I thought was pretty clear, but everyone sees things different. Damn 1-4.

Haha, it sounds like my opinion shook you to your core. Sorry.

I thought Danny was more active but his shots werent really connecting much. His aggression was largely ineffective.

And fwiw, plenty of people saw it similarly, including the judges, iirc.

I don't care what you guess. I'll tell you what gets tiresome is people getting all pissy about scores like you are. Big fucking deal. Someone scored it differently than you did. What do you want, a medal?
Seano lands a jab followed by a huge overhand right. Necrocide is on Queer Street with wobbly legs.

Haha, it sounds like my opinion shook you to your core. Sorry.

I thought Danny was more active but his shots werent really connecting much. His aggression was largely ineffective.

And fwiw, plenty of people saw it similarly, including the judges, iirc.
Yeah no doubt. I can see that point of view. 1-4 for ggg is a bit shocking to me but not that big of a deal as we all see fights differently.

To me, to have GGG the winner of this fight by anything more than a point is to disregard the work danny did all round and give the round to GGG for the one decent punch he landed at the end of a flurry after 2 and a half minutes of inactivity.

Golovkin had some really good jabs throughout but Danny was shredding his gutty works with hooks and uppercuts to the ribs.

It was an amazing fight by both men.

Yeah no doubt. I can see that point of view. 1-4 for ggg is a bit shocking to me but not that big of a deal as we all see fights differently.

To me, to have GGG the winner of this fight by anything more than a point is to disregard the work danny did all round and give the round to GGG for the one decent punch he landed at the end of a flurry after 2 and a half minutes of inactivity.

Golovkin had some really good jabs throughout but Danny was shredding his gutty works with hooks and uppercuts to the ribs.

It was an amazing fight by both men.

No doubt. I cant find more than 7 rounds for GGG (yeah i know) but the KD really warped things in his favor. Tough break for Jacobs.

I hope we get a rematch of this one.

I thought Jacob's team said they did not want a rematch before the fight.

Back