***OFFICIAL SANCTIONED CANELO/JCCJR PBP THREAD***

Razor close with GGG, no doubt about that.

And you're right, Chavez was never really in that fight at any point last night. At all.

Nice paycheck for him. That's it. He doesn't care though. Never has and never will.

It was. Need to see a rematch.

We actually talked about a fight with him for good money but wouldn't sign it because we thought he would pull out. I'm shocked Nacho kept him in camp the whole time

Excellent win for Canelo! I was so pumped to see the whole promo,interview and annoucement after with Golovkin. That will be a great fight, I can't wait!

Nice paycheck for him. That's it. He doesn't care though. Never has and never will.

It was. Need to see a rematch.

We actually talked about a fight with him for good money but wouldn't sign it because we thought he would pull out. I'm shocked Nacho kept him in camp the whole time

Never even considered that angle. You don't want to be associated with an event that goes to shit due to something like that (lack of effort, pulling out, not training properly, etc.).

@RR I now know what the RR stands for....getting closer right
Well, I know RR's real name is Keith. I thought he was the guy I'd seen in the Jacobs/Golovkin buildup, then found out theres another Keith on the team.

RR is good people , he's who he claims to be.

So disappointed in chavez
You know, I was pretty sure Junior was going to put it all together and be something special as recently as his fight with Sergio.

Its just not going to happen. He just doesn't have what it takes to be a special fighter.

Never even considered that angle. You don't want to be associated with an event that goes to shit due to something like that (lack of effort, pulling out, not training properly, etc.).

You get 0 money and have to pay all the sparring partners. Some won't but you're a complete dick if you don't. Klits are very good about that too. Tony Grano (probably never heard of him) is my boy and they always took care of him

Well, I know RR's real name is Keith. I thought he was the guy I'd seen in the Jacobs/Golovkin buildup, then found out theres another Keith on the team.

I do what I can

Whoever spent money on that fight.......well I wish you the best. Now the fight was pathetic, but the skill and ring I.Q. shown by Canelo was actually very entertaining to watch. Junior is who he has always been, a mediocre fighter with a size advantage and a granite chin. He was thoroughly out gunned in every department yesterday and he knew it. People can say whatever they want about his motivation but honestly Chavez was walking through a damn mine field in that ring and Canelo was playing Wack a Mole and this skill difference made Chavez VERY hesitant to pull the trigger. People complain about him not throwing enough Jabs, did you see what happened when he threw a jab against the ropes??? Countered to hell off of the easiest punch to land in boxing. So if that is the case why in the hell would the guy be comfortable committing to his power punches. Chavez should NEVER be fighting elite skilled fighters because he will just take another 12 round beating, or in the case of a GGG be stopped brutally.

Big Dan with a fan

C_OfsrSVYAAR303.jpg

You know, I was pretty sure Junior was going to put it all together and be something special as recently as his fight with Sergio.

Its just not going to happen. He just doesn't have what it takes to be a special fighter.
I agree. Its over. I at least thought he would put his head in Canelos chest and do his body work but he just came in with an absolutely ridiculous gameplan. Just terrible

I never disputed that, but something I said was offensive to him...most likely down to how I worded one of my replies but I certainly wasn't intending to be disrespectful to him.

Any word on the PPV totals and the purses both fighters received? I am curious to know that stuff.

Whoever spent money on that fight.......well I wish you the best. Now the fight was pathetic, but the skill and ring I.Q. shown by Canelo was actually very entertaining to watch. Junior is who he has always been, a mediocre fighter with a size advantage and a granite chin. He was thoroughly out gunned in every department yesterday and he knew it. People can say whatever they want about his motivation but honestly Chavez was walking through a damn mine field in that ring and Canelo was playing Wack a Mole and this skill difference made Chavez VERY hesitant to pull the trigger. People complain about him not throwing enough Jabs, did you see what happened when he threw a jab against the ropes??? Countered to hell off of the easiest punch to land in boxing. So if that is the case why in the hell would the guy be comfortable committing to his power punches. Chavez should NEVER be fighting elite skilled fighters because he will just take another 12 round beating, or in the case of a GGG be stopped brutally.
This was refreshing. Nice to see someone use their eyes.

I never disputed that, but something I said was offensive to him...most likely down to how I worded one of my replies but I certainly wasn't intending to be disrespectful to him.
Don't worry about it. I think RR and PUO are from Brooklyn so sometimes a little bit of the hood comes out...:cool:

Back