No Spoilers Official Red Dead Redemption 2 Discussion

I've yet to even see lightning lol. It's so hard for me to progress through the story I am always going off sidetracked. I JUST learned how to fish ffs lol

Paid $400 for a boat and then stole one in literally the next story mission. Now I’m poor with two boats. Need to find these treasures.

Wtf...Just had a horse stroll by with a dead body riding it - scalped with a load of arrows in his back

Sometimes the gameplay in this game drives me absolutely fucking nuts. Got into a shootout in a saloon. Felt like I was a tank stuck in the fucking mud. Guys were in close and he just moves so damn slow I couldn't do anything.

This game would be such a easy 10/10 masterpiece if they hadn't of fucked up the controls so bad. I can't for the life of me figure out what the fuck they were thinking. On top of being completely convoluted they are a combination of finicky and unresponsive. Even if the controls were just decent this game would be magnificent. But the controls are so shit that it takes away from the game.

So I finished the Epilogue. Guess I am going to restart and take my time hunting and fishing now and going for collectibles and cheevos.

Wtf...Just had a horse stroll by with a dead body riding it - scalped with a load of arrows in his back

The Skinners dude. They randomly take out caravans and traders. Had the same happen to me.

This game is ridiculous. I just get lost in it.

I went to approach a guy in the woods and as I get close I see him just bolt away and his horse starts freaking out and out of nowhere I get attacked Leo style by bear. His horse starts mule kicking it like crazy and manage to shoot it with my rifle. I get up and my jacked has claw marks all over and my left eye is a bloody mess.

I know this isn’t abnormal given what this game is capable of, but the detail is insane.

I started reading this thread at about post 300 (day of game release) and just finished.

so about 5 hrs

Sadly though I rebooted my browser and lost my multiquotes so I don't really have much to say now lol. I've never played RDR (or GTAV) but I was blown away by some of the videos ... the quality is mindblowing.

The grass, trees and bushes have come such a long way, I still remember when trees used to be 2 flat pieces slotted together to form a cross, and now they sway, break, burn, trample, bend and so on.

The only criticism I have is the way some of the dialogue is delivered, like that guy hiding in the cave during the first feminist murder video. The length of the pause between each section of dialogue may have been the issue, can't really put my finger on it yet it reminds me of rap songs where the vocal has clearly been cut and moved, making it sound too near to the vocal before it. It didn't sound natural is my point.

I don't really care about playing games as they are released, I'm happy to play them on obsolete systems at my own discretion, so should I get the first game and pick up no2 once I'm done with that? am I missing out if I skip it?

I went to approach a guy in the woods and as I get close I see him just bolt away and his horse starts freaking out and out of nowhere I get attacked Leo style by bear.

I am the Boy Who Lived

also I like to pretend I invented this outfit and the Walton Gang has been copying me for 25 years
<{Joewithit}>

shut up no you're stupid

I started reading this thread at about post 300 (day of game release) and just finished.

so about 5 hrs

Sadly though I rebooted my browser and lost my multiquotes so I don't really have much to say now lol. I've never played RDR (or GTAV) but I was blown away by some of the videos ... the quality is mindblowing.

The grass, trees and bushes have come such a long way, I still remember when trees used to be 2 flat pieces slotted together to form a cross, and now they sway, break, burn, trample, bend and so on.

The only criticism I have is the way some of the dialogue is delivered, like that guy hiding in the cave during the first feminist murder video. The length of the pause between each section of dialogue may have been the issue, can't really put my finger on it yet it reminds me of rap songs where the vocal has clearly been cut and moved, making it sound too near to the vocal before it. It didn't sound natural is my point.

I don't really care about playing games as they are released, I'm happy to play them on obsolete systems at my own discretion, so should I get the first game and pick up no2 once I'm done with that? am I missing out if I skip it?

the dialogue is choppy at times but mostly due to player error (straying from the mission area, taking the wrong turns in a gunfight, bumping into something aggressively in the middle of peaceful convos, etc) it can be harder to play cinematically on-target when all you want to do is hold up every mid-mission dialogue by looting corpses

Anyone ever die because you press the button to pull out a weapon and he just doesn’t do it?

Anyone ever die because you press the button to pull out a weapon and he just doesn’t do it?
Haven't died in a while but I get unnecessarily shot up all the time because of this shit. Also when I feel like I'm entering a dangerous situation I always pull my gun of choice out and he constantly reholsters it himself and when I push the gun button be pulls a different gun out. Fucks sake.

This game is ridiculous. I just get lost in it.

I went to approach a guy in the woods and as I get close I see him just bolt away and his horse starts freaking out and out of nowhere I get attacked Leo style by bear. His horse starts mule kicking it like crazy and manage to shoot it with my rifle. I get up and my jacked has claw marks all over and my left eye is a bloody mess.

I know this isn’t abnormal given what this game is capable of, but the detail is insane.

I had a similar situation with a bear. I was trying to track the legendary deer when I hear cougar attack noises and I look off to my right and see this guy on a horse hauling ass with a cougar chasing him. I have yet to encounter a cougar yet so I want to bag me one and I give chase after them. The guy on the horse is all over the place and I'm firing shots at the cougar when all the sudden I hear a grizzly bear roar at me and now it's a grizzly chasing me chasing a cougar chasing a guy on a horse. My horse dumps me on the ground to deal with these two predators myself. The bear actually charged on me and knocked me to the ground, but thankfully I created enough distance to blast him with my shotgun.

The guy running from the cougar didn't even say thanks! Some crazy stuffy happens.

Back